Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Want more?

Haha, sure, I'll take a MB full.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
What are people’s steelworks numbers looking like? It’s so expensive given that you can craft what it produces. Mine is only at 500/hour and I’m starting to hit a void wall exploring Jundland. I’ve got the 1T crop row and am closing in on the 1T storehouse upgrade so I guess I can go to town on it after that. 500 billion silver for the next 1500/hour seems steep.

andy_social fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Aug 25, 2023

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

andy_social posted:

What are people’s steelworks numbers looking like? It’s so expensive given that you can craft what it produces. Mine is only at 500/hour and I’m starting to hit a void wall exploring Jundland. I’ve got the 1T crop row and am closing in on the 1T storehouse upgrade so I guess I can go to town on it after that. 500 billion silver for the next 1500/hour seems steep.

Mine is at 420 :420: and 140 wire

I was saving up for that ‘hand over 5t’ quest but I think I might just get the 1t crops and storehouse addition instead.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I'm at 1500/500 but I also already have the 1t crops/storehouse and like 3.5t that's just accumulating

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mines at 1,000/333. I usually empty my steel reserve each time I hop on.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

Mines at 1,000/333. I usually empty my steel reserve each time I hop on.

hell yeah brother *chugs, belches*

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
I'm at 150/50. Apparently I'm behind.

Also 1t upgrades are worth WAY more than a (currently) deadend quest.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

2100/700 here, sitting on 3T silver in the bank.

At one point I was considering getting 3k for STARMAP but whatever. I’ve been slacking lately.

Just pushing for mastery stuff at this point while waiting for the next content. 287 masteries, 197 GMs, 63 MMs. Mostly out of easy GMs at this point.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Realised today I hadn’t even GMd wooden swords doh.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

I'd love to be able to plug a quest I'm on to the Craftworks. I don't want to manually enter every item from these Magic quests and even if I do, I'll have to watch them so they don't make more than I need.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Well, I guess I can spend some of my 2.8t on it. Now at 1000/333. Guess I should add 2 more so I am not wasting wire. I kept just making steel or ignoring it until I stockpiled but now I need glass for other stuff.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Hmmm, I was working on putting all my toliet paper towards Buddy's school shenagnigans since the cookies were a better reward at the levels I saw.

And then I looked at the higher levels of Cecil's donation for education quest line rewards and those are probabbly lot better. =/

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

reached the point where I'm just buying potatoes by the tens of thousands in chat because I do not want to grow anymore yet still need another 15k batteries

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I canceled my patreon support. Getting kinda burned out on the game tbh

Fcdts26
Mar 18, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I just did the same thing. Went back to Melvor and trying RuneScape out. I did this little over a year ago also. Let some quests and stuff stack up but right now it’s cabbages and potatoes and I’m over it.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Fcdts26 posted:

I just did the same thing. Went back to Melvor and trying RuneScape out. I did this little over a year ago also. Let some quests and stuff stack up but right now it’s cabbages and potatoes and I’m over it.

How is Melvor? I considered getting into that way before I started FarmRPG.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I moved from Melvor to this and it's okay but most of it is grinding for grinding's sake. The combat is a nice diversion but because the game works on an assigned timer and you can only work on one thing at a time a lot of my play was just signing in, seeing I hadn't got enough ore to swap to blacksmithing yet, harvesting my farm, then logging out for the day because there was nothing else to do.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ugh I’m at an inventory bottle neck.

Just shy of 3000. At tower 66.

Dont know if I should push for t100 for the massive increase, or push first for the 100b storage upgrade.

Storage upgrade would be far cheaper, but pretty slow burn compared to the tower 100 upgrade if I push for that.

antlers are killing my large net production which seems to be the best way to make real money (at glacier lake). My raptors bring in 5500 daily but I’m voiding 2500.

So what so people think, push for tower 100 first? Or the cheaper storage upgrade because it’s a slow burn that you try get as early as possible?

andy_social
Oct 29, 2008
I’m pretty sure that everyone voids most of their antlers. I’d push to 110. At some point you’ll be limited by your masteries rather than your silver.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah at some point you earn way more antlers than you can handle. I’m at 88k for instance. Does make the mid-day drop almost like the midnight one though.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Yep don’t worry about wasting antlers. I get 148k per day, I’ll never have an inventory that large. Space is key.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

MarcusSA posted:

Thanks for filling my mailbox for the last however long, it's been appreciated

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh yeah I wasn’t worried about voiding as I know that path would be chasing the impossible, it was more to highlight my current bottle neck to raising money, as I determine what to chase next.

In all honesty I forgot about the storage upgrade and recently just went to 11 crop rows when I hit 100b. I possibly should have gone storage first. Oh well.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Finished up milk carton GM, needed to trade for milk to finish it up since I forgot that was the real limit.

Looked at GMing TP and then I did the math.

-I've got it mastered so I "only" need 89,557 mastery.
-With mushroom stew bonus I need to get 81,415 from crafting.
-A full inventory of feathers from small spring costs 68 ciders and spends 73,644 stamina.
-That full inventory results in 157 TP crafted.
-So I would need to do 518.5 trips to small spring, spending 35,258 ciders and 38,184,414 stamina.

I only have 9758* ciders and 13.6m stamina so that's going to leave me well short anyway, and I'd probably only be able to get about 20 batches done per mushroom stew so I'd need more of that too. Upgrading exploration to10B and 100B would save on ciders but not stamina and I'd still be well short. At least I have goals for next year.

And it's back to potato purgatory for me.

*I also have two steps of excuse me farmer to turn in for 5k ciders each, along with the APs those give I'd probably be able to get it done, but I just don't want to do that much clicking in one day either.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Not a big fan of this idea of introducing craftable items whose ingredients are still in beta. Feels very passive-aggressive.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Xerol posted:

I only have 9758* ciders and 13.6m stamina

As someone who just started, reading this statement is just absolutely wild

btw: ty to the goons who keep dumping orange juice in my mailbox

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
Lol check out my vault code today

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Looks like this month's temple is for...apples?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

Looks like this month's temple is for...apples?

There’s a temple? Jfc not again.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

I mean if you're high enough in the tower it's like a half month of passive production, plus you'll get a bunch of exploring in a few areas or cracking open medium chest 01s. I have like 4000 medium chest 01s, I can finish the temple immediately if I wanted

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Kaboobi posted:

I mean if you're high enough in the tower it's like a half month of passive production, plus you'll get a bunch of exploring in a few areas or cracking open medium chest 01s. I have like 4000 medium chest 01s, I can finish the temple immediately if I wanted

You know I always forget about chests etc. I have 3.5k of those and couldn’t have told you what you got out of them! Either that or just dump the orchard apples into it for the first few weeks of the month I suppose.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Yeah all things considered this temple isn’t bad and it certainly isn’t very grindy.

Math on apple pie - at max tower level it’s equivalent to approx 100 oj per day, or 1.25g per day. At 125g per pie, that’s a 100 day breakeven. At 250g per pie, that’s a 200 day breakeven. Up to you on whether it’s worth shelling out for in trade chat.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What do I spend Ancient Coins on?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

What do I spend Ancient Coins on?

Spin the wheel, unlock the daily vault, borgen on Wednesday. Otherwise just sell them when you're at max inventory until those things are available.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm going to go insane trying to get these runestones

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm going to go insane trying to get these runestones

it felt like that for a bit, but then it goes really quick. what are you chasing?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hambeet posted:

it felt like that for a bit, but then it goes really quick. what are you chasing?

Currently runestone 10 with a side of 19 because I need them both for quests

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

just sent some stuff that might help with part of it.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

never thought I'd be in some sort of pie pan hell, but, well,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

hambeet posted:

just sent some stuff that might help with part of it.

A little late but thank you. I didn't get stone 19 but I did learn things about the game that I didn't know before from the stuff you sent!