Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Alaois posted:

Why are the only other people from new jersey who post in this subforum complete freaks and psyvhos

i'm extremely loving normal thanks?????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

New jersey normal tho?

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Doltos posted:

Sorry let me cheer for the silver spooned millionaire you bootlicker

just to be clear, athletes are workers so supporting them in general is fine. second, millionaires, while not my favorite people are not writ large The Problem. but in this instance im supporting a dude making a human decision to protect his sanity after already making money rather than continuing to destroy himself for a literal coked up billionaire and a crowd of people from indiana. saying that support for that guy is bootlicking behavior is such a bizarre stance. like is the presumption that i cheer for athletes to kill themselves for billionaires and the braying hogs that make up most of the football fandom? like that's the default expectation, that in the blood sport i watch i get mad if someone decides to prioritize their fleeting mortal life over a dumb game? :psyduck:

kidcoelacanth posted:

i'm extremely loving normal thanks?????

imma support you on this one.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alaois posted:

Why are the only other people from new jersey who post in this subforum complete freaks and psyvhos

???

Are you just trying to flush us out or what

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Print the shirts

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

sexy tiger boobs posted:

New jersey normal tho?

depends on if they're from North Jersey or South Jersey

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Thinking about the most accurate qb: cj stroud

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

fartknocker posted:

Enough about franchise quarterbacks, let’s talk about franchise posters.

free pop dog

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Relentlessboredomm posted:

just to be clear, athletes are workers so supporting them in general is fine. second, millionaires, while not my favorite people are not writ large The Problem. but in this instance im supporting a dude making a human decision to protect his sanity after already making money rather than continuing to destroy himself for a literal coked up billionaire and a crowd of people from indiana. saying that support for that guy is bootlicking behavior is such a bizarre stance. like is the presumption that i cheer for athletes to kill themselves for billionaires and the braying hogs that make up most of the football fandom? like that's the default expectation, that in the blood sport i watch i get mad if someone decides to prioritize their fleeting mortal life over a dumb game? :psyduck:

jurgensen takes a huge hit but gets the pass off. TOUCHDOWN VIKINGS! The fans in Minnesota are electric after that play. They sure are Mike, they've been waiting for a qb of this caliber to lead the franchise. Wait a minute Marty the cameras have caught one fan in the audience wearing a diaper and seemingly yelling at other fans after that jurgenson hit. Football games really bring out all types of people Mike. Now we'll go to commercial for a message from our sponsor pete's 'za the official pizza of the Vikings.

Incitatus fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Aug 25, 2023

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Acebuckeye13 posted:

depends on if they're from North Jersey or South Jersey

Don't forget about the Pine Barrens, Jersey's own piece of Arkansas

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What's the deal with the DTR hype? I'm cool with underdog stories, and cool if Watson gets benched, but wondering how the hype started.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
He was very dynamic at UCLA as a five year starter and was a second tier Heisman candidate last year for much of the season. Showed improvement every year in the passing game - he threw hard from the get-go but developed a lot more touch and accurate placement. He still tends to laser balls at/past dudes and will make some dumb gunslinger decisions due to the arm. He is a good / very good runner, but can stand in the pocket and deliver now. Definitely not a run first guy, more in the mode of someone like Allen who is a good runner and will hurt you with his legs where he sees an opportunity.

He’s not got the raw talent of some of the top end guys and he’s close to finished product just due to the number of reps he’s gotten. I hope he succeeds, he was pretty fun to watch even as an Oregon fan.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Eh, I'm not going to say he's wrong...

https://twitter.com/billbarnwell/status/1695058300931322262

But my immediate thought at the beginning of the things quoted in the tweet is in 2019 the defense in that Super Bowl was absolutely not the issue for the 49ers. Unless you're hiding Lawrence Taylor under your belt somewhere it couldn't have been much better. That D put in work during that game, they weren't the problem.

The article is much longer and makes a better argument than the snippets I think.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

MrLogan posted:

Does Pickett look a lot improved this off season? I literally don't remember seeing a single thing about the Steelers this entire offseason.

Absolutely. I thought the Steelers looked significantly improved LAST game and then they did it again.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

He was very dynamic at UCLA as a five year starter and was a second tier Heisman candidate last year for much of the season. Showed improvement every year in the passing game - he threw hard from the get-go but developed a lot more touch and accurate placement. He still tends to laser balls at/past dudes and will make some dumb gunslinger decisions due to the arm. He is a good / very good runner, but can stand in the pocket and deliver now. Definitely not a run first guy, more in the mode of someone like Allen who is a good runner and will hurt you with his legs where he sees an opportunity.

He’s not got the raw talent of some of the top end guys and he’s close to finished product just due to the number of reps he’s gotten. I hope he succeeds, he was pretty fun to watch even as an Oregon fan.

He also looked fantastic in that first preseason game.

Diqnol posted:

???

I base all my Jersey stereotypes on the Always Sunny Jersey Shore episode

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

kiimo posted:

Absolutely. I thought the Steelers looked significantly improved LAST game and then they did it again.

as a giant Pitt and Steelers fan it's so funny to me how much the national media ignores kenny. he's one of the hardest workers I've seen when it comes to film study and off season stuff, anytime he had a weakness at Pitt he'd fix it by the next season which led to that monster senior year. he's gonna surprise some people this year I think. I'll always take a smart accurate qb like him over one with a rocket arm but no brain like trubisky

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

D-LINK posted:

Is TFF ready for the Steelers to be good again?

Steelers are going to have the same problem as Pats last year, just to a lesser degree. Their ceiling is restricted by the OC the HC insists on using.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Steelers are going to have the same problem as Pats last year, just to a lesser degree. Their ceiling is restricted by the OC the HC insists on using.

Also restricted by being the 3rd best team in their division.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Look like 4th to me.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Depends if Watson was rusty last year or just loving sucks now

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Docjowles posted:

I hope he sucks and gets hurt because he’s a rapist

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Docjowles posted:

i think he loving sucks regardless of his on-field performance!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that's unfair of me. he's really good at sexual assault

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

fartknocker posted:

I hope he sucks and gets hurt because he’s a rapist

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Hard to bet on the Brown' coaching staff vs the Steelers no matter if they have more talent or not.....

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

mcmagic posted:

Hard to bet on the Brown' coaching staff vs the Steelers no matter if they have more talent or not.....

True but we can all agree Matt Canada is utter garbage.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I have this ever so slight twitch in my eye and it's the almost subconscious GOD I hope Matt Nagy isn't actually dogshit at being OC and Reid / Mahomes overcomes all that

I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i'm pretty sure my dumbass could call the chiefs plays using madden 24 and they would still make the super bowl without much stress

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Soul Glo posted:

i'm pretty sure my dumbass could call the chiefs plays using madden 24 and they would still make the super bowl without much stress
They would still easily out-scheme the Bills defense, at least.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/colt456100/status/1694887078343938341

What is this “off-brand Ted Cruz” look :barf:

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

:stare:

You need a mullet to pull that mustache off

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Just copying Rodgers' goofy mustache schtick. He's already anti-vax so we can probably guess the trajectory here.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Diqnol posted:

???

Look man, we're being represented here primarily by Daltos and mcmagic and formerly KJI. The rest of us need to help out

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinji2015 posted:

:stare:

You need a mullet to pull that mustache off

Time to bring back Jared Allen as Kirk’s hair and lifestyle coach.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Just copying Rodgers' goofy mustache schtick. He's already anti-vax so we can probably guess the trajectory here.

Rodgers could actually pull it off, though.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/1695145554181779702

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Warren Sapp is a chud? lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Look like 4th to me.

TFF says this every year. Their roster, bc of QB on a rookie contract, might be the best in the division this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Considering what got him fired from NFL Network, he probably has some things to say about women that'll fit right in with Whitlock's crew.