Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Collapsing Farts posted:

They should have built a lot of these suits and given them to some heroes, shouldn't they, then we'd have no problems

Well, this suit was made specifically for him by Melissa Shield. It's possible no one else was capable of making a suit this powerful before her, and who knows what resources it cost to make one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Complete_Cynic
Jan 18, 2013

The suit is also boosted a bunch by All Might knowing his students powersets really well, outside of Deku most of the class would struggle to use more than a few of them well.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
All Might uses the power armor better then most theoretical candidates because All Might is cool as gently caress

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Also he's still pretty much getting worked even as a super experienced hero in a cutting edge suit.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The spread of the town with the big black death drills is pretty creepy. Some quirks are hosed up.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Fabricated posted:

Also he's still pretty much getting worked even as a super experienced hero in a cutting edge suit.

Against the biggest strongest dude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Literally anyone else using the suit would have died in the opening moments of the battle, even Deku, because the entire reason All Might is doing as well as he is is because he's absurdly experienced and specifically the one dude who knows more than anyone about the guy they are fighting, while also using extremely specialized limited-use gear custom tailored to both his opponent and his own strengths.

The entire point of this is that All-Might's true heroism didn't come from his Quirk but from the mind behind it and he's doing as well as he is because it is a perfect storm. The suit is good because it was custom tailored for that one specific purpose, for one specific man, in one specific fight.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

All Might is so loving cool

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

ImpAtom posted:

Literally anyone else using the suit would have died in the opening moments of the battle, even Deku, because the entire reason All Might is doing as well as he is is because he's absurdly experienced and specifically the one dude who knows more than anyone about the guy they are fighting, while also using extremely specialized limited-use gear custom tailored to both his opponent and his own strengths.

The entire point of this is that All-Might's true heroism didn't come from his Quirk but from the mind behind it and he's doing as well as he is because it is a perfect storm. The suit is good because it was custom tailored for that one specific purpose, for one specific man, in one specific fight.

I'm sorry, it's dumb.

I like it because I like allmight but him putting up a fight like this against the strongest villain in the series with some random tech is BS

again, i am ok with it because it is allmight

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All Might also doesn't have to actually win the fight, he just needs to hold out until All For One burns himself out of existence.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Someone probably already pointed this out but quirkless tech reliant fighter being the original concept for deku and the author slapping it on all might here is neat.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Collapsing Farts posted:

I'm sorry, it's dumb.

I like it because I like allmight but him putting up a fight like this against the strongest villain in the series with some random tech is BS

again, i am ok with it because it is allmight

Again it is not Random Tech. It is a specially designed suit made for this specific purpose. This is straight-up superhero comic stuff. Iron Man has an entire fleet of specialized suits for fighting specific foes. (The most famous of which is his Hulkbuster armor which lets him loving fight The Hulk.)

And much like this fight, the reason why they don't use the Hulkbuster for every fight is because it is an extremely specialized, expensive and limited piece of machinery designed for one specific circumstance and one specific opponent and also because trying to realism up superheroes so everyone has a green lantern ring and a power suit and whatever is boring as hell.

At the end of the day MHA is a superhero story. It is not focused on being a hyper-realistic tacticool story, it is focused on people expressing heroics and ideals through the guise of brightly colored cape fights. Even within the confines of Shonen it's the same reason every shonen fighter comes up with their own style and gimmicks instead of everyone using the same attacks, because it's more fun to read and watch.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Aug 25, 2023

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Rhonne posted:

All Might also doesn't have to actually win the fight, he just needs to hold out until All For One burns himself out of existence.

He’s going to leave All for One as a baby, then Stain goes in for the kill.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm personally hoping that Hori will have Shigaraki disintegrate a baby All for One.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the tech club turned UA into a flying fortress within a span of a month or two, Iron Might does not register as even slightly unusual for me

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Quirks are sold as just overpowering futuretech in this series even if it doesn't make too much sense.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

bobjr posted:

He’s going to leave All for One as a baby, then Stain goes in for the kill.

Stain would give a masturbatory monologue about him staining his hands for the sake of society and how only he has the will to carry out this dark task, and in the meantime All for One poofs into nothing before he can do anything.

For real though, it'll be a crying shame if we don't get the peak comedy moment of 5-year-old All for One telling Deku he's his dad. Right in front of Shigaraki.

Nephthys fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Aug 25, 2023

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I need this to happen with All Might and baby AFO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=310yKZQ8WGQ&t=73s

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Quirks are sold as just overpowering futuretech in this series even if it doesn't make too much sense.

Forget futuretech, most quirks should lose to a plain gun

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
At some point all for one is just going to be a young adorable kid and All Might will be able to influence him and change his mind about being an rear end in a top hat

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Nah, kids are assholes. AFO will just become even more cruel.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Would All Might go back in time and punch baby AfO

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y93-6ihqZTo

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
hahaha thanks I was thinking that. Alright Beeeybeeeh killer.

Its AFO.

gently caress that piece of poo poo. Punt his rear end to the moon.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 26, 2023

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

The big open-mouthed grin is so good.

I think a lot about when it was confirmed All Might been working for 40 years. Just a dude saving everyone from imminent disaster constantly for 40 years, and no one even thought he had a personal life because he gave everything up to be that guy. He's a great character, I love him so much

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

TheKingofSprings posted:

That Jojo part 4 fancomic about how Josuke and Okuyasu don't know what weed is, but about guns

I guess it's difficult to do gun pushups and end up with a quantitatively different gun, but society seems to discourage most people from using their Quirks if in a (relatively) gentle way. Probably helpful in avoiding making society a bunch of hereditary castes where your genetically mediated superpower determines your economic prospects!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

TheKingofSprings posted:

This basically almost happened when Mustard pulled a gun on the class B kids way back at the camp ambush. Even Tetsutetsu's quirk of turning himself to metal could barely hold up to being shot at by some dingus kid with a revolver.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Kanos posted:

This basically almost happened when Mustard pulled a gun on the class B kids way back at the camp ambush. Even Tetsutetsu's quirk of turning himself to metal could barely hold up to being shot at by some dingus kid with a revolver.

That was only a couple months into their first year, though. Didn't Kirishima shrug off bullets just fine in the Overhaul arc? Or was that just darts?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Staltran posted:

That was only a couple months into their first year, though. Didn't Kirishima shrug off bullets just fine in the Overhaul arc? Or was that just darts?

Kirishima instinctively hardened thinking he was getting shot with a bullet but it ended up being a dart.

But also Kirishima can in fact become "harder" than steel. Tetsu needs to eat metal to improve the defensive capabilities of his quirk, Kirishima trains it like a physical muscle. Tetsu probably can too, but it os pointed out as a significant difference between the two, Tetsu is a stockpiler, Kirishima is not.

Tersu's main issue with the kid is that he was still breathing in the smoke, which has strength draining capabilities and is thickest near the kid emitting it.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Aug 27, 2023

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Zzulu posted:

At some point all for one is just going to be a young adorable kid and All Might will be able to influence him and change his mind about being an rear end in a top hat

That's when Bakugo comes back to life full of rage at being sidelined for a year to do the one thing he's ever been good at: bullying smaller children.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-398/chapter/40082?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1018605

Though I generally think that the idea that Horikoshi is speedrunning to the end of the series is overexaggerated, big lol at calling this one Rising/Origin. Just get them both out of the way at once, huh.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Who the gently caress is saying he's speedrunning

We've been doing The Final Battle for two years with still no end in sight

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Hasn't Bakugo been dead for over a year?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

That last pair of pages... AFO is across from Deku, while AM is across from Shigaraki. After returning to Tatooine Station, where it all began.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Who the gently caress is saying he's speedrunning

We've been doing The Final Battle for two years with still no end in sight

The very vocal "what about the rest of the schools years" crowd that wanted a Harry Potter prom episode.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Oh right, that. I mean, it's been nearly a decade and he had very clearly been running on fumes re:the school setting

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mymla posted:

I'm getting strong Gai vs Madara vibes here.

Agreed. AfO is burning away his life-force fighting the unstoppable All Might

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Collapsing Farts posted:

Whys he able to do all these things? That power armor must be nuts

He is basically a teacher who copied all of his students' homework.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Kinda weird that AM apparently only taught one class in the entire school, though. Maybe that one 1-B guy (Monoma?) had a point after all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I just remembered what AFO's expression in the final panel was giving me deja vu about.