Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
A rogue-lite/ hard-core mode that's contained to the activity would be really cool. I think it'd be hard to fit into the overarching game and allowing players who would play such a game type to interact with the wider content offerings like raiding and dungeons would be good.

Maybe something like altars or deep dives where you zone in with grey armor and blue guns and keep what you kill from week to week or through each iteration. Quests or performance for exotics or even preserve the cards or power ups you gather.

It's hard to recapture the joy of like wow new loot and armor for end game pve players or really probably anyone whose been playing long enough. The sense of like discovery and wonder only really comes from like beating new and difficult content for me, it's been a long time since I was excited about ~ random loot drop ~ and an ironman/rogue style mode with a fresh start would be cool without giving up everything I have.

I think a hard-core type charactee would probably be pretty poorly received bc of all the fun random ways to die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Waroduce posted:

A rogue-lite/ hard-core mode that's contained to the activity would be really cool. I think it'd be hard to fit into the overarching game and allowing players who would play such a game type to interact with the wider content offerings like raiding and dungeons would be good.

Maybe something like altars or deep dives where you zone in with grey armor and blue guns and keep what you kill from week to week or through each iteration. Quests or performance for exotics or even preserve the cards or power ups you gather.

It's hard to recapture the joy of like wow new loot and armor for end game pve players or really probably anyone whose been playing long enough. The sense of like discovery and wonder only really comes from like beating new and difficult content for me, it's been a long time since I was excited about ~ random loot drop ~ and an ironman/rogue style mode with a fresh start would be cool without giving up everything I have.

I think a hard-core type charactee would probably be pretty poorly received bc of all the fun random ways to die.

50 guardians spawn in off the Battle Thresher and fight in an ever constricting circle in the last city.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Waroduce posted:

I’m reminded of the person who lost his Diablo 4 hardcore character at Level 99 because the servers went down to deal with an issue in the micro transactions store.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

How do you get the random attunement cards laying around the spire? And how do you get the green door with a symbol over it open? And why when I get a card like the IV of swords and it’s supposed to give me an engram but it… doesn’t?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

smallmouth posted:

And how do you get the green door with a symbol over it open?
Shoot the symbol with the matching element.

Man, Presage was not prepared for element 2.0 guardians to roll up on it, was it?

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Oh that's why you were asking :v:

Yeah I think I've done Petra's 4 times now but the game only counted 3 of them... In theory their fall damage changes should prevent the same issue from being a forced wipe and just reduce to 1hp but a bit hard to test that kind of RNG.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bungie bugs are the true end boss.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Shoot the symbol with the matching element.

Man, Presage was not prepared for element 2.0 guardians to roll up on it, was it?

This is in the platform if section of the spire? Where are the symbols to shoot?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

smallmouth posted:

This is in the platform if section of the spire? Where are the symbols to shoot?

There are two secret chests, each one requiring you to shoot symbols.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rKuCMLQxTc

This shows you where to find them and how to activate them.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

VodeAndreas posted:

Oh that's why you were asking :v:

The other part of it was that I wanted to re-experience them and also possibly petition for their addition to the OP

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
You defeat and convert the Witness to the good guys at the end of the campaign. The raid for a change is about you defending someone. I call it "Witness Protection".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

J33uk posted:

You defeat and convert the Witness to the good guys at the end of the campaign. The raid for a change is about you defending someone. I call it "Witness Protection".

The final shape is the outline of a comedian on stage getting tomatoes thrown at them.

occluded
Oct 31, 2012

Sandals: Become the means to create A JUST SOCIETY

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/Nz8ssH7LiB0?si=fNfIKP1B6zVLszSg

The witness watching us do the raid mechanic to make it vulnerable

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

T1g4h posted:

Ah, it was the lower symbol I was missing. Thanks.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

T1g4h posted:

Oh neat. I didn't know about the first secret chest

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Banner of War and Monte Carlo is insane. There is no way they are going to let this stay the way that it is.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

Banner of War and Monte Carlo is insane. There is no way they are going to let this stay the way that it is.

Try it with Stronghold and Lament.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

what's the easiest way for me, an unparalleled moron, to do the grasp dungeon? just lfg and get carried? let's assume I lack the opposable thumbs necessary for complex gaming feats such as 'jump over a pressure plate'

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would like to try out the banner strand aspect but they're "targeting next week" for a fix for loadouts and just ugh at manually doing things :effort:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Did they disable the API or anything? I'd just use DIM and D2armorpicker to slam an s-tier loadout together with the utmost of ease!

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

fast cars loose anus posted:

I would like to try out the banner strand aspect but they're "targeting next week" for a fix for loadouts and just ugh at manually doing things :effort:

I’ve been using the DIM app. It’s not instantaneous and you can’t be in a mission, but it’s way better than not having loud outs at all.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I used to play before loadouts existed so I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

RBA Starblade posted:

I used to play before loadouts existed so I have no strong feelings about it one way or the other

So did I Im just terminally lazy

I didnt know I could use DIM to do anything other than inventory stuff so I'll look at that thanks

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I was hoping that DIM would have remembered my in-game loadouts so you could copy or select them through there, but no such luck, that section's just empty while they're disabled.

Eh, my current Strand build's flexible enough that I can probably get by without having to vary it too much until it gets fixed.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
And for real let me give a huge shoutout to https://www.d2armorpicker.com as a way to make 'builds' incredibly easy and fun rather than a pain in the whatever is in your pants.

You can tell it what stats you want, what exotic you want, how much Mod Energy you want to have per slot, etc, and it shows you a loadout based on your actual gear you've acquired.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Mill Village posted:

Try it with Stronghold and Lament.

:hmmyes:

That sounds very spicy.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i am once again beating the drum that Bequest is the best loving sword, except for different reasons this time

as part of the Sword Energy Squish, Charge Rate is now one of the best indicators of sword DPS because it dictates how often you can Heavy Attack

most swords have a Charge Rate of about 20-30

Bequest has a Charge Rate of 80

Do Deep Stone Crypt

Get A Bequest

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You are correct it's factually the best legendary sword.

On a similar subject watch this for those of you attempting a day 1 for some strats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl5-YFG1awg

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

This season's activities and mechanics are actually really neat. I kinda like the altar of summoning's "infinite activity" thing they've got going. It's a good content cycle... go do other stuff, generate offerings, then dump your offerings for rewards.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

i am once again beating the drum that Bequest is the best loving sword, except for different reasons this time

as part of the Sword Energy Squish, Charge Rate is now one of the best indicators of sword DPS because it dictates how often you can Heavy Attack

Do Deep Stone Crypt

Get A Bequest

I am using the strand sword from last season with chain reaction. Might not be the best choice for the banner build, but it is quite hilarious!

I think I already know this answer, but does anyone know if the kinetic damage boost gets applied to the Monte Carlos melee attack?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

RBX posted:

You are correct it's factually the best legendary sword.

sorry, best legendary sword. lament is still lament

Mesadoram posted:

I think I already know this answer, but does anyone know if the kinetic damage boost gets applied to the Monte Carlos melee attack?

it does not. monte carlo's melee attack is melee

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

it does not. monte carlo's melee attack is melee

Thank you :unsmith:.

Can't wait to play around with this build more later. It's just so much fun playing like a reckless psycho.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RocketRaygun posted:

This season's activities and mechanics are actually really neat. I kinda like the altar of summoning's "infinite activity" thing they've got going. It's a good content cycle... go do other stuff, generate offerings, then dump your offerings for rewards.

The combat feels really good in Spire and I'm not a fan of Altar this week because of Attrition, but I'm looking forward to trying it with some different modifiers and with some stronger builds.

I'm glad to see Bungie continuing to experiment with rogue-like elements with the deck. I dunno which card it was, but I pulled one in a Spire run that basically had me getting heavy ammo off of every single kill. It was dropping faster than I could fire and reload my Apex. :laffo:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Kith posted:

Do Deep Stone Crypt

Get A Bequest

What perks are you using?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Give me a new Skullfort Xur you rear end in a top hat I have so many leg exotics and Alphas Lupi already

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is Vex Strike Force a guaranteed exotic? We got the bot in our discord, and there's been two since the daily reset and both dropped an exotic and it seems kinda wack that a public event is dropping guaranteed exotics while LLS and MLS are just ????? chance to get one.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well I guess I'm happy that the one and only time I played DSC I bought a Bequest at the end. Still want to get a Commemoration or at least spoils for Anarchy or Always on Time

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

I've only had a chance to briefly dip my toe into the season.

The deck of cards mechanic looks like a fresh progression system and the activity seems pretty fun!

Now for the real question: where can I get that sweet sweet monte carlo catalyst?

aledesma
Jul 22, 2012

lol Warlock aspect got disabled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Snuffman posted:

Now for the real question: where can I get that sweet sweet monte carlo catalyst?

It has a decent chance to drop from playlist activities. (strikes/nightfalls/crucible/gambit.) It only took me a few games to get it, but RNG is RNG.