Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

drawing and quartering claims another victim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Pony punching was right there.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/revhowardarson/status/1695127856177877443

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

oh god dammit.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

FFT posted:

oh god dammit.

Lol, now I get it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

I don’t have Twitter. What’s the joke?

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

its loss

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ok that would have taken me a while. Do people just roll around imagining everything is a loss edit?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Frank Frank posted:

Ok that would have taken me a while. Do people just roll around imagining everything is a loss edit?
I noticed it because it said it in the tweet.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Frank Frank posted:

You mean...you...don't?

This is concerning.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Lol if you don't see loss everywhere all the time, the sky, on tv, in the trees, in your dreams etc. Just lmao

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

SLOSifl posted:

I noticed it because it said it in the tweet.

Oh lol ok

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

Air Skwirl posted:

At certain points the guillotine wasn't quick enough for the amount of people they had to kill, so they just started herding people onto boats with their hands and feet tied, and then sunk the boats in a lake.

I'm pretty sure the drownings you're referring to were more tied to putting down the counterrevolutionary and royalist rebellions in the Vendée rather than the trials and such in Paris and I think they just shot the majority of them. But yeah they had way too many people to kill for the guillotine

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Frank Frank posted:

I don’t have Twitter. What’s the joke?

Loss.jpg in an electoral college map

E. Is the app slow loading or something? I opened the bookmark just now

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Frank Frank posted:

Yes. All things are loss.

Something Awful: The internet makes you loss.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

loving son of a bitch.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

She was cleared on abuse charges today. This sucks, but I agree with her barristers' defense, that this was within bounds of how we treat animals in other contexts.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1695167089609244697?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Mauser posted:

I'm pretty sure the drownings you're referring to were more tied to putting down the counterrevolutionary and royalist rebellions in the Vendée rather than the trials and such in Paris and I think they just shot the majority of them. But yeah they had way too many people to kill for the guillotine

It's a half remembered fact from listening to the Revolutions podcast by Mike Duncan, so probably.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Biplane posted:

Lol if you don't see loss everywhere all the time, the sky, on tv, in the trees, in your dreams etc. Just lmao

:hmmyes: It's the Tetris Effect for the brokebrained generation.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

She was cleared on abuse charges today. This sucks, but I agree with her barristers' defense, that this was within bounds of how we treat animals in other contexts.

I can't think of the last time I punched an animal in any context

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Frank Frank posted:

I'm not saying I do that, but I am saying I saw the loss-shaped pillars in FF: Stranger of Paradise before even walking far enough to trigger the dialogue where one of my party members informed me he was feeling "Loss"

(god help us all)

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

My most recent was when I punched a racist at a taco restaurant

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
https://twitter.com/calltoactivism/status/1695096855657316433?s=46&t=G6CJ0SXAYnboFhRP-mw0TA

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

RFC2324 posted:

I punched a feral dog in an alley once when it went after my little brother. This would have been more than two decades ago.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Mauser posted:

Yeah the boat thing was more a war expediency while the tine was more like the death penalty in the legal system

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?

RFC2324 posted:

Same, I’ve also never whipped a horse in a race. So long as we allow one I have a hard time advocating about another.

For the record, I’ve currently been struggling with eating meat and how we treat animals in general. I’m not vegetarian yet, but it’s coming soon. Learning about the “pork”gas submersion execution chambers recently was affecting.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 49 minutes!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Same, I’ve also never whipped a horse in a race. So long as we allow one I have a hard time advocating about another.

For the record, I’ve currently been struggling with eating meat and how we treat animals in general. I’m not vegetarian yet, but it’s coming soon. Learning about the “pork”gas submersion execution chambers recently was affecting.

I'm not a vegetarian, but I rarely prepare meat for both health and what you're saying. There are a ton of beans and such that you can eat every day and it just requires a bit of experimentation with what you like, but msg/soy sauce/liquid aminos can give you a nice savory flavor and I love hot sauce on lentils, split peas or beans. Mix with some rice and you're pretty good to go as far as a filling meal. Otherwise, I like cleaning a bunch of lettuce and having that handy and munching on carrots or fruits throughout the day.

My doctor did make me start taking B12 because apparently that's a thing you miss from not eating much meat and I'm not getting it elsewhere

Edit: to say French lentils are best lentils

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

TEAR MY LIFE INTO PIECES
BECAUSE I PUNCHED A HORSE

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
salmonella is just a female salmon

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

TEAR MY LIFE INTO PIECES

One punch knockout, what I'm saying / Now the fucker won't stop neighing.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

TEAR MY LIFE INTO PIECES

Thank you for posting this, I could only read that tweet in that cadence.

ZixTheYeti
Jul 12, 2005

Hellarious!

Wee posted:

salmonella is just a female salmon

A Salmonella draws near!

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Yeah but I have a feeling this was about how we treat production animals.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

TEAR MY LIFE INTO PIECES

SUFFOCATION, BUST NOSTRILS
DON'T GIVE A gently caress IF THE VET HAS NO KETAMINE

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Reminds me of an old irish proverb

"má phógann tú salmon amháin, gheobhaidh tú salmon eile"

(no-one is going to get this, but I don't care)

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Probably because you posted it in Irish, a language with only 1m or so speakers worldwide, without translation.

The quote translated:

If you kiss one salmon, you get another salmon

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/chillextremist/status/1695156469875015808

https://twitter.com/GlebMelnikov8/status/1694876268334899611

https://twitter.com/erikhane/status/1692992026696941646

https://twitter.com/alecrobbins/status/1482423866496454657

Beeswax has a new favorite as of 11:39 on Aug 26, 2023

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005