Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

mcmagic posted:

Why don't the bounties in ff16 save in your questbook? It's annoying to have to keep going back to the board.

take a screenshot.

but yeah should be able to pull the leaflet off the board, bit of an oversight. then again, this is the 14 team and hunts in that game require you join a loving discord or a sudden LFG spam that pops up randomly in an area to find them so i dont know what we should have expected

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.
How are my PS5 pals finding the performance mode in AC6? Saw a tweet yesterday from Lance McDonald suggesting the whole Elden Ring thing of playing the PS4 version on PS5 to ensure a stable frame rate.

Personally I played like 6 hours of the PS5 version last night and wasn’t too bugged by the frame rate dips, I also didn’t mind it in Elden Ring and there it seemed worse.

Game is sick as hell regardless!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Why don't the bounties in ff16 save in your questbook? It's annoying to have to keep going back to the board.

If you look at the map screen there's an icon on any area that has a hunt in it except the ones specifically designed to require you to puzzle clues out from the description.

(The icon is the Rogue Tomato from FF12!)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ok so I'm really really enjoying Pathfinder: Kingmaker except the part where the game crashes every two loving hours.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

ImpAtom posted:

Certain mechs are much better at this than others. The Tank Treads for example are a lot better at doing insta-turns and drifts and such.

Escobarbarian posted:

Once you unlock the OS upgrades thing and the arena you will unlock the quick turn option

:tipshat:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Boy of Joy posted:

How are my PS5 pals finding the performance mode in AC6? Saw a tweet yesterday from Lance McDonald suggesting the whole Elden Ring thing of playing the PS4 version on PS5 to ensure a stable frame rate.

Personally I played like 6 hours of the PS5 version last night and wasn’t too bugged by the frame rate dips, I also didn’t mind it in Elden Ring and there it seemed worse.

Game is sick as hell regardless!!

I'm playing it in quality mode and everything seems fine to me. I'm also not a fps nerd and just wanna play games and have fun. If there are frame dips I haven't noticed or cared. :shrug:

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001

dog nougat posted:

I'm playing it in quality mode and everything seems fine to me. I'm also not a fps nerd and just wanna play games and have fun. If there are frame dips I haven't noticed or cared. :shrug:
Yeah, this is me usually. Online discourse is always about omg frame drops!!! But in practice it doesn’t really bug me much. Bloodborne is still so fun to play and it’s obviously got the worst frame rate issues

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Guess you can't just beat the Institute.

You'll know what I mean when you get there in Armored Core VI

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

AC thread is moving fast. Is there a goons AC group on PSN?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This will get lost in the hubbub of more exciting things, but No Man's Sky got a PSVR2 update that makes it look incredible now. It's like night and day from the PSVR2 launch and genuinely makes me excited to play it when I have the time. That's actually a pretty nice get for PSVR2.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AC6 makes me really glad to have a dualsense edge. Being able to jump and boost without letting go of the stick rules

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism

GreenNight posted:

Ok so I'm really really enjoying Pathfinder: Kingmaker except the part where the game crashes every two loving hours.

There's some weird rights fuckery going on with Kingmaker that means Owlcat will never patch it, so unfortunately your experience won't get better.

Wrath of the Righteous doesn't have this problem; if it becomes unbearable maybe give that a shot (I also think it's the superior game tbh).

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

AC6 makes me really glad to have a dualsense edge. Being able to jump and boost without letting go of the stick rules

big time

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How can you tell if auto target is on or off? Seems like barely a difference

acksplode
May 17, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Yep

veni veni veni posted:

I think it turns itself off when you touch the stick. Also people say that you have slightly worse accuracy with auto target. I'm still very early, just beat juggernaut, but my sense is that if you have back buttons set up right and keep your thumb glued to R-stick then you do not need auto target. I'm playing with nothing but free aim and getting by pretty well.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

You click R3 and your mech starts auto turning around the selected target, but it will disable the second you move the right stick. I kinda just haven’t used hard lock at all as a result. I can’t break the habit of moving the camera, it’s easy enough to track targets manually, and people say your shots are more accurate with manual aiming anyway…

Maybe later in the game enemies that need auto tracking will be introduced, but for all of chapter 1 manual was fine.

Augus posted:

The game isn’t about exploration, the maps are built for zipping around and blowing up robots not for poking around
Building a robot that trivializes an otherwise tough mission is part of the fun of Armored Core and the mission variety is meant to encourage building different robots to adapt to different situations.
Individual non-AC enemies aren’t really meant to last that long, that’s why they always come at you in groups.
The game probably gets harder later on but if you want a challenge right now try replaying missions for S ranks.

I’m not saying the game is bad or poorly made, I’m saying it’s made in a way that doesn’t appeal to me. I’m just bummed that I don’t seem to click with the new title from my favorite studio.

Something I do like is the audio design. I can actually tell lots of poo poo that’s happening without looking at my hud because it’s so nuanced. For example, I can precisely tell when my left hand weapon is ready to fire again vs the right shoulder because the individual sounds and directional sources are so distinct. That’s pretty impressive.

Bugblatter fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 26, 2023

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

ACVI is making me so loving happy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

I can’t break the habit of moving the camera, it’s easy enough to track targets manually, and people say your shots are more accurate with manual aiming anyway…

Ok this explains it. Yeah I'm not going to be able to keep myself from touching the right stick.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

ACVI is making me so loving happy.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Just beat my first proper Blasphemous 2 boss on my first try. Pretty easy all things considered. Her gimmick wasn’t too hard to counter.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bugblatter posted:

You click R3 and your mech starts auto turning around the selected target, but it will disable the second you move the right stick. I kinda just haven’t used hard lock at all as a result. I can’t break the habit of moving the camera, it’s easy enough to track targets manually, and people say your shots are more accurate with manual aiming anyway…

Maybe later in the game enemies that need auto tracking will be introduced, but for all of chapter 1 manual was fine.

I’m not saying the game is bad or poorly made, I’m saying it’s made in a way that doesn’t appeal to me. I’m just bummed that I don’t seem to click with the new title from my favorite studio.

Something I do like is the audio design. I can actually tell lots of poo poo that’s happening without looking at my hud because it’s so nuanced. For example, I can precisely tell when my left hand weapon is ready to fire again vs the right shoulder because the individual sounds and directional sources are so distinct. That’s pretty impressive.

If you didn't love FromSoft at their King's Field you didn't deserve them at their Elden RIng. :colbert:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Question about Atomic Heart. I was interested in it, got sidetracked with other stuff, and remembered some controversies with the developers with regards to the war in Ukraine. What ever came about that? I’d rather not buy a game that overtly is pro-Russia

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

ImpAtom posted:

If you didn't love FromSoft at their King's Field you didn't deserve them at their Elden RIng. :colbert:

I love all the From Software games, from their Shadow Tower to Eternal Ring and even the misc one-off stuff like Adventures of Cookie and Cream or even their Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn game. I'll happily play every single thing they make.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kingslime, did you find the Alterpiece guy? There are combinations of things you can use there to improve your power or flasks.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Question about Atomic Heart. I was interested in it, got sidetracked with other stuff, and remembered some controversies with the developers with regards to the war in Ukraine. What ever came about that? I’d rather not buy a game that overtly is pro-Russia

Don’t play that piece of poo poo boring game, regardless of mundfish’s stance towards the war in Ukraine

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

the ukraine stuff was ginned up by certain twitter personalities mainly as an attempt to distract from the much more obvious harry potter controversy. atomic heart is bad on its own merits

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/Kirbysuperstar/status/1695249619067023867

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lmao

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Oxxidation posted:

the ukraine stuff was ginned up by certain twitter personalities mainly as an attempt to distract from the much more obvious harry potter controversy. atomic heart is bad on its own merits
I'll play the game when it's free on PSPlus just for the hot robot ladies! :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/SYACVG/status/1695196095230464395

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I will laugh forever if they make a film adaptation of Days Gone but not a sequel to the game

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crows Turn Off posted:

I'll play the game when it's free on PSPlus just for the hot robot ladies! :v:

Probably shouldn't considering they are a human being captured and enslaved as a sex slave.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Why make days gone show when there’s already a Daryl Dixon show

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Played maybe...6-8 missions of AC6. Neat game but not really my thing. It's early so I'll play a bit more before putting it down, but I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over again. There's so little feedback about when attacks hit so I'm kinda just strafing circles around things until their lifebar goes to zero then I go to the next thing. I wish the bazooka felt more satisfying to use. The Strider was a neat level.

Anyway like I said I'm so early that I haven't even unlocked all the mechanics yet so going to play a bit further but the overall loop hasn't hooked me that much yet, and the world/characters (what few there are) just feel so like...I dunno, barely there. Plus I just want to get to the point where (hopefully) I'm fighting for the liberation force, cause everyone else kinda sucks as people.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

Probably shouldn't considering they are a human being captured and enslaved as a sex slave.
Why can't they just be hot robot ladies? :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AC6 feels like a goddamn PS2 game

and it kicks rear end

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

ImpAtom posted:

Well, I neither had a game system nor cared much for games back then. Aside from Myst and Riven, Dark Souls was the first game I liked and finished, so From got me into games.

Prior to Souls, I thought games were just dumb poo poo for loser nerds. I still kinda think that, but From taught me that I too could be a nerd.

Can’t really say if I would have enjoyed King’s Field back when it came out. I tried it in emulation but it’s just too archaic for a newcomer without nostalgia.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

ImpAtom posted:

They should have gone extra edgy and used the two brain halves of your character’s dead mom and not wife to run those ballerina killbots

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

my favorite thing about souls games is wandering around a cave with anticipation for what im gonna find around the next corner and/or hoping to get far enough to the next bonfire to breathe a little. i only ever want to look at the menu when im upgrading, and i want to get back into the world asap.

ac6 by contrast seems like there's a heavy emphasis on menus and loadouts like some mech sim + cod multiplayer hybrid. it doesn't sound like something i would enjoy, unfortunately. the gameplay looks pretty cool, but i don't want to need to juggle 800 different control mechanics and optimize my guns and rockets or whatever in order to be good.

can someone confirm/deny that it's NOT like souls in that you could theoretically be level 1 and still beat the game if you just play flawlessly? there's a nice feeling i get knowing that a souls game will allow me to level up enough to beat a boss AND/OR i can level up to op it.

also, probably not, but. does it play anything like returnal? that's the only third person shooter in recent memory i enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

ShoogaSlim posted:

my favorite thing about souls games is wandering around a cave with anticipation for what im gonna find around the next corner and/or hoping to get far enough to the next bonfire to breathe a little. i only ever want to look at the menu when im upgrading, and i want to get back into the world asap.

ac6 by contrast seems like there's a heavy emphasis on menus and loadouts like some mech sim + cod multiplayer hybrid. it doesn't sound like something i would enjoy, unfortunately. the gameplay looks pretty cool, but i don't want to need to juggle 800 different control mechanics and optimize my guns and rockets or whatever in order to be good.

can someone confirm/deny that it's NOT like souls in that you could theoretically be level 1 and still beat the game if you just play flawlessly? there's a nice feeling i get knowing that a souls game will allow me to level up enough to beat a boss AND/OR i can level up to op it.

also, probably not, but. does it play anything like returnal? that's the only third person shooter in recent memory i enjoyed.

You probably won’t like it or just wait for it to be cheap in 6 months