Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

:krad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

WhiteHowler posted:

I'm loving all the early AI stuff people are posting. The evolution is stunning.

Although... Even with SDXL and good prompting, sometimes you try for "a woman walking a border collie" and...

That is one big-rear end car.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Food gone wrong, I was trying to get a moist beef sandwich and a can of soda I dunno where the hell the sushi rice came from.

too dry!

pixaal fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Aug 24, 2023

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Mercury_Storm posted:

Got some high quality bathroom art now ;)

I guess you outpainted the original to get that?

unzin posted:

2 years ago I was playing with CLIP+VQGAN... can't find one working anymore, but I liked the abstractness of it.

https://i.imgur.com/uDWS2Xy.mp4

Coherent and Artistic modes are still available in Nightcafe. The former is just CLIP, the latter is VQGAN+CLIP.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

That's a spicy take + arguably actually art

what was the prompt for that

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a pilot seated at the cockpit of a 747, view facing forward of cockpit showing clear view, huge front window takes up whole front through forward window over shoulder of pilots

view of two skyscrapers close up through front of window (region variation)

view of two skyscrapers close up through front of window (region variation)

square tall skyscrapers can't see top (region variation)

the bay (region variation)

over the shoulder view of George w bush piloting a 747 (region variation)

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Was that SD? Has anyone gotten the MIDJOURNEY region stuff to work? I can’t find it at all.

Fake E: I don’t know why autocorrect put that on all caps but it’s better than constantly changing it to ‘midwife’ so I’ll take it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That was all using Midjourney's region variation. It shows up on upscaled images that haven't been panned or zoomed for me

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
https://ideogram.ai/

Google (I think?) has opened this up, free to use AI image generation that's decent at text but is a bit uh, rough? A lot of the images remind me of Dall-E in the sandy, clay-like look some images would have. It's free and fast at the moment though so why not give it a shot?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

That was all using Midjourney's region variation. It shows up on upscaled images that haven't been panned or zoomed for me

Hmm. I’m going to have to look at my settings. I don’t get the option to upscale anymore. I thought they removed it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Doctor Zero posted:

Hmm. I’m going to have to look at my settings. I don’t get the option to upscale anymore. I thought they removed it.

Maybe try doing a /prefer suffix

Shouldn't require any settings

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

KakerMix posted:

https://ideogram.ai/

Google (I think?) has opened this up, free to use AI image generation that's decent at text but is a bit uh, rough? A lot of the images remind me of Dall-E in the sandy, clay-like look some images would have. It's free and fast at the moment though so why not give it a shot?

Keeps looping me back to the login

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Tunicate posted:

Keeps looping me back to the login

Are you not in the USA? I have a friend in Canada that was saying that it was dumping him back to the login as well

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Did the same to me, but the signup button seemed to work.

Seems neat.

Sedgr fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Aug 24, 2023

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
Speaking of Dalle2, has it improved at all? I haven't even thought about it in a year and it seems like nobody here really uses it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I guess the business model is "it's too easy to scrape the entire Internet for the whole of human knowledge and feed it into a rented server for two weeks" followed by "I guess we'll just offer consulting services for our proprietary model :shrug:"

I guess the next step is to build an altruistic self learning AI that can't be trained on Nazi propaganda

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Really enjoy all the new MJ features. So much more control. Starting small and zooming out is great.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

feedmyleg posted:

Really enjoy all the new MJ features. So much more control. Starting small and zooming out is great.

Inpainting is what makes all of this for me. I don't know how MidJourney does it, but with Stable Diffusion you can inpaint whatever section at full-res which helps a ton with details and helps avoid the ~AI look~.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Fuschia tude posted:

I guess you outpainted the original to get that?

Yeah I used IMG2IMG with a mask over the original a couple of times, and did some manual editing with GIMP.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

sick!

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Haven't done a big post in a while, here's some things I've run off lately:

Backgrounds:

Phone wallpapers:

A troubling puppet show:

Bunch of deer:

don't talk to me or my son ever again

Some winged / horned skulls:

Strange / slightly menacing weirdo figures:

Spontaneous combustion:

salty bois:

The Pizza Wizard:

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Really nice. Prompt magic?

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

RIP Syndrome posted:

Really nice. Prompt magic?

All done in Midjourney. A chain of describes / remixes, but it started with a /describe of Frida Kahlo's The Wounded Deer.

That landed me with:
a painting of a deer in the forest with arrows, in the style of frida kahlo, arthur tress, exaggerated caricatures, vincent desiderio, early medieval art, emphasis on facial expression, rasquache --ar 50:39 --upbeta --s 750

With a strong Vary applied and a weird filter of --w 2000 added, we land at

a painting of a deer in the forest with arrows, in the style of frida kahlo, arthur tress, exaggerated caricatures, vincent desiderio, early medieval art, emphasis on facial expression, rasquache --ar 50:39 --upbeta --s 750 --w 2000

Some other honorable mentions and further variations on the same prompt with varying levels of weird:

Also, here is a picture of a Pittsburgh bus sailing the open seas

Edit: Inpainting in MJ combined with the weird filter is WILD. Did a describe on a Lichtenstein, cranked up the weird, then inpainted features in different styles to land on these:

a painting with a woman head on the canvas, in the style of pop art: bold graphics, symmetrical asymmetry, jewish life scenes, associated press photo, mirror, celebrity-portraits, contrasting geometries --ar 56:67 --upbeta --s 750 --w 2000

Alternate path led to Escher-brains:

Soulhunter fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 25, 2023

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Alright, so I've been loving around on MidJourney and some online services like getimg.ai long enough. I want to be able to create my own dreambooth models. Does anyone have an easy install guide for M1 Macs?

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Thanks for the detailed prompts, I liked the deer one because of the nice balance between abstraction and realism, there are edges that hint at acrylic paint (I think, I know nothing about art), and it's not too Midjourney-y.

Something else that just occurred to me is that the mouth/snout area somewhat evokes one of those stylized Guy Fawkes masks.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

The style I came in *intending* to draw:

But I left in some realism camera style stuff in the prompt:

I'm loving SDXL :D

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Try the crystalClearXL model https://civitai.com/models/122822/crystal-clear-xl

and I mean with your same prompt /work flow and compare them

pixaal fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 26, 2023

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Soulhunter posted:

A chain of describes / remixes, but it started with a /describe of Frida Kahlo's The Wounded Deer.

Is this describe-then-generate feature a one-click operation anywhere? Very interesting things could be done with this to explore the feature space or just do weird stuff.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

A couple of fish, a disconcerting flower, some nice crystals and a very purple baphomet.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Here's a prompt challenge for you (without img2img trickery).

A djinn emerging from a magic lamp, only the torso is visible, the lower body is obscured by a swirling cloud of smoke. (Not the actual prompt, just a briefing, basically).

I can't get it to work, neither by trying to evoke the mere concept (arabian nights tale, aladdin, magic lamp, djinn) nor by trying to verbalize it without any contextualization.
Even negative prompting of "legs, lower body" does not help, it's always a full body.

Super weird. Tried with multiple checkpoint model types.

Some pretty results, but not what I'm looking for.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Had to do it piece by piece with outpainting in MidJourney, but not hard after starting with the face. Had to rerun a few with negative prompts for "fabric" and such when doing the smoke. But yeah, even plugging the final result back in with an image prompt wasn't successful, it doesn't seem to have a good sense of what a djinn is.

Between this and the mermaids, it seems to have problems with hybrid creatures.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Would genie work better than djinn?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
It didn't do great with the "lamp" part, but I was able to get a djinn/genie with an incorporeal lower body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I tried all the spellings separately as well as together, nada