Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Todd’s getting too big for his britches. I’m not going to continue getting these figs at 30 bucks a pop. Hawkman and Sinestro should be standard releases, but they’re the “premium” line for some reason.

Also, those BTAS figures are apparently re-releases of older DC Direct figs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Todd’s getting too big for his britches. I’m not going to continue getting these figs at 30 bucks a pop. Hawkman and Sinestro should be standard releases, but they’re the “premium” line for some reason.

Also, those BTAS figures are apparently re-releases of older DC Direct figs.

And making Condiment King a BAF is some serious bullshit. Not ML Cosmo-level bullshit, but close.

Speaking of Todd, my GITD Green Lantern shipped from Amazon. Swampy is still in limbo with no estimated ship date which sucks because that's one fig I've really been looking forward to.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Origins Spikor just hit the pile of loot. Probably about time to ship that stuff.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
drat they look great. If I had to just pick one, I’d be helplessly stuck between Luke and Obi-Wan’s.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Origins Spikor just hit the pile of loot. Probably about time to ship that stuff.

Amazon has that wave and Snake Mountain listed as arriving next week. I won’t hold my breath.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

I’m guessing you can make the crystal any color, which is why Luke’s green is blue there?

Also, shouldn’t Luke’s green saber have 9 silver rings? I only count 8 on yours. I’m not an expert on the various stunt versions of the sabers, but the “hero” one had 9 AFAIK.

gregday
May 23, 2003

Nanigans posted:

I’m guessing you can make the crystal any color, which is why Luke’s green is blue there?

Also, shouldn’t Luke’s green saber have 9 silver rings? I only count 8 on yours. I’m not an expert on the various stunt versions of the sabers, but the “hero” one had 9 AFAIK.

Yeah I forgot to switch Luke’s to green before the photo.

This is the Korbanth VeeOne which came with both an accurate grenade section as well as an idealized version. The accurate one has the rings and gaps at different sizes, and this idealized one has them all uniform, while keeping the overall length of the saber the same, hence the fewer rings.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

Amazon has that wave and Snake Mountain listed as arriving next week. I won’t hold my breath.

Snake Mountain is on the way!

The Glow in the Dark Skeleton Warriors are in stock at BBTS now.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

gregday posted:

Yeah I forgot to switch Luke’s to green before the photo.

This is the Korbanth VeeOne which came with both an accurate grenade section as well as an idealized version. The accurate one has the rings and gaps at different sizes, and this idealized one has them all uniform, while keeping the overall length of the saber the same, hence the fewer rings.

Oh, wow. That’s an awesome option!

I’m still slumming it with my Hasbro one, but I’d love a custom crystal reveal some day. :swoon:

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Eels!

Eels are up on amazon.ca

GO GO GO GO GO GO GO

This item will be released on September 1, 2023.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Aug 25, 2023

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

All of the SHF comic con exclusives are up on P Bandai now. I wound up ordering all of the DBZ ones (Evil M Goku, Brother Goku/Baby Goku Jr, Teen Goku Jr/Ghost Goku)

I was thinking about getting either Ultra Instinct Goku or Gogeta, but the SHF One Piece figures are coming out soon, and I feel like I'm going to have to get all of those.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I'm back at the office, so I can display my newest Dino. Look at that big boy.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Joe Fisto posted:

That shelf with the toys and prominently labeled binder is exactly what you’d see in a movie before dinosaurs attacked the school.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Joe Fisto posted:

Pretty cool.

It reminds me of the Dino Riders toy line. A toy line that failed yet was so good the Smithsonian of all places reused the dino toys minus all the weapons and motor functions.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gripweed posted:

That shelf with the toys and prominently labeled binder is exactly what you’d see in a movie before dinosaurs attacked the school.

Luckily I live in a fairly safe area and we don't have a lot of dinosaur attacks here.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Open Marriage Night posted:

I was thinking about getting either Ultra Instinct Goku or Gogeta, but the SHF One Piece figures are coming out soon, and I feel like I'm going to have to get all of those.

That Goku is amazing. Highly recommended. And this one comes with that awesome encyclopedia. Easy pick for me.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
I'm moving my detolfs to the basement and decided it was a good time to transform my transformers from their current setup.

It's not easy, even with the instructions I was totally confused.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
drat, I missed the preorder on the Deluxe Amazing Yamaguchi Catwoman. Are there any other sites other than Hobby Genki and Nin-Nin that sell the deluxe?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone want the gohan from the ghost goku set? I kinda want force ghost goku but not for 90 bucks and shipping.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Joe Fisto posted:

Just watched JP in 3D for my birthday, and I love that shelf.

The Diplodicus Dino Rider was one of my favorite toys as a kid. My parents would sometimes get me toys instead of baskets for Easter and have me find eggs with clues leading toward the prize. One year I woke up and followed a trail of clues that lead me around the house, and back to underneath my bed. Looking for an egg, I didn’t notice the giant box. My parents have a VHS tape of me saying “I don’t see no egg.” And “Dip-lo-doe-kiss, I waited for this.”

I’ve been thinking about chasing that toy down to give to my parents.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

The Last Call posted:

Pretty cool.

It reminds me of the Dino Riders toy line. A toy line that failed yet was so good the Smithsonian of all places reused the dino toys minus all the weapons and motor functions.

If I had a 3D printer I'd so be making Dino Rider gear for the Hammond Collection dinos.

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Does anyone want the gohan from the ghost goku set? I kinda want force ghost goku but not for 90 bucks and shipping.

How much are you wanting? I have PMs if you'd like to message me.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Open Marriage Night posted:

Just watched JP in 3D for my birthday, and I love that shelf.

The Diplodicus Dino Rider was one of my favorite toys as a kid. My parents would sometimes get me toys instead of baskets for Easter and have me find eggs with clues leading toward the prize. One year I woke up and followed a trail of clues that lead me around the house, and back to underneath my bed. Looking for an egg, I didn’t notice the giant box. My parents have a VHS tape of me saying “I don’t see no egg.” And “Dip-lo-doe-kiss, I waited for this.”

I’ve been thinking about chasing that toy down to give to my parents.

My absolute favorite dino toys from my childhood were BONE AGE. I loved those guys. They need to make a comeback.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
So an ebayer was already selling the unannounced figure Wolf Spider:

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The Last Call posted:

So an ebayer was already selling the unannounced figure Wolf Spider:

Oh poo poo I bet they sent the Pinkertons after him too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/preterniadotcom/status/1695776098104090656

Heh, heh. Clawful.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

drat, Eels went back up on Pulse today but were one per person and only lasted about 15 minutes again. Hopefully they do a big drop on them on Amazon eventually

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

People are horny as gently caress for Cobra Eels.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

People are horny as gently caress for Cobra Eels.

Sorry Miss Jackson, I am four eels.
[Oooooo]

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Sanschel posted:

drat, Eels went back up on Pulse today but were one per person and only lasted about 15 minutes again. Hopefully they do a big drop on them on Amazon eventually

I didn't even get a notification about this. loving sucks.

If it gets real bad I may end up just trading one of my sealed 00 Snake Eyes for as many Eels as I can get for it.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Found Vampire Supeman. Now, Todd isn't super concerned with scale in his Multiverse line, but it is a little weird that Superman is shorter than Joker. It is a nice looking figure though, will be cool in my Halloween display.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I found mine last night as well. Out of the 25+ figures on each shelf maybe 4 were not variations of batman. I hope Todd doesn't end up killing the line by overbatmanning it cause drat. There's a LOT of those fuckers.

No vampire batman though, god dammit.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Why is the Cobra Eel so popular?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

iceyman posted:

Why is the Cobra Eel so popular?

It’s an army builder, which Hasbro for whatever reason always seems to both under estimate demand for and never makes available well enough coupled with looking cool and being a single retailer exclusive. It’s the triple whammy of popularity and scarcity.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Got another one. This guy has 4 sets of hands and the question mark cane. Somehow it was still 20 bucks, compared to Todd's "collectors" figures that are 30 bucks.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

Sorry Miss Jackson, I am four eels.
[Oooooo]

Never meant to make your daughter cry
I'm a fish quartet and not a guy

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Djarum posted:

It’s an army builder, which Hasbro for whatever reason always seems to both under estimate demand for and never makes available well enough coupled with looking cool and being a single retailer exclusive. It’s the triple whammy of popularity and scarcity.

Yeah, people pounce on them too, either for collecting or reselling. I remember a dude walking out with a stack of Vipers or BATs at Target.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, people pounce on them too, either for collecting or reselling. I remember a dude walking out with a stack of Vipers or BATs at Target.

Yeah for Joes you really want to army build goons. I got a mess of BATs now. I need some Vipers still but they aren’t as easy to get.

But Hasbro for whatever reason has had this problem across the board. Black series Stormtroopers have always been hard to get in quantity. Every Marvel Legend army builder bar the Hand Ninja has sold out immediately as well.

It should be the easiest thing in the world to do, take preorders every quarter and make an order. You should constantly keep them in production. It’s effectively free money for them even if they would slash the price in half at a certain point. All of molds and development costs have been paid for so all they are paying for is labor and raw materials at that point. Stuff like that should be able to fund new sculpts and molds.

It is wild that a guy with a Business 101 credit to his name can figure this poo poo out yet whatever douchebag with an MBA from some Ivy League school running things can’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Got my Lucky Cat Multi Cosmos MC-03 Beast Lord in yesterday and yeah that is a really nice Megazord, soon as I can borrow someone's phone with an actually usable camera I'll probably take a million photos and deluge the thread with them