Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

RCarr posted:

In my 10 team half ppr keeper league I kept Chase in the 5th and Olave in the 14th.

Picking from the 5th spot I got CMC, Taylor, Josh Allen, and Mattinson with my first 4 picks. Feel real good about it. Obviously Taylor is a risk but accounting for keepers I basically got him at a 4th round value which I absolutely was not passing up. Surprised CMC fell to 1.5 also. Jefferson, Kelce, Saquon, and Ekeler went ahead of me.

My team:

QB- Allen
RB- CMC
RB- Taylor
WR- Chase
WR- Olave
WR- Mike Williams
FLEX- Mattinson
TE- Engram
D/ST- Cowboys
K- Myers

B- London
B- Dalvin Cook
B- Burks
B- Cooks
B- Jeff Wilson
B- Bateman
B- Hyatt
B- Rondale Moore

Have to drop 2 bench players for IDP guys.

Same as every year, looking at my team after the draft I am confident I will obviously win the championship.

I’m usually against taking a QB early but with 2 stud WR’s and RB’s I figured why not.

This team is loving stacked, nice job (pending Taylor situation :ohdear:). 10 teams and keepers enables some crazy builds.

Rondale seems like an easy drop, then probably whoever you like less of Burks or Hyatt. With 10 teams there’s a good chance whoever you drop will be on waivers if you want them back later anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

In my 10 team half ppr keeper league I kept Chase in the 5th and Olave in the 14th.

Picking from the 5th spot I got CMC, Taylor, Josh Allen, and Mattinson with my first 4 picks. Feel real good about it. Obviously Taylor is a risk but accounting for keepers I basically got him at a 4th round value which I absolutely was not passing up. Surprised CMC fell to 1.5 also. Jefferson, Kelce, Saquon, and Ekeler went ahead of me.

My team:

QB- Allen
RB- CMC
RB- Taylor
WR- Chase
WR- Olave
WR- Mike Williams
FLEX- Mattinson
TE- Engram
D/ST- Cowboys
K- Myers

B- London
B- Dalvin Cook
B- Burks
B- Cooks
B- Jeff Wilson
B- Bateman
B- Hyatt
B- Rondale Moore

Have to drop 2 bench players for IDP guys.

Same as every year, looking at my team after the draft I am confident I will obviously win the championship.

I’m usually against taking a QB early but with 2 stud WR’s and RB’s I figured why not.

Yeah, with that core and potential keeper value, JT makes absolute sense. Fantastic team.

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure I'd take any rookie WR in redraft unless they're generational. I do realize you can't really tell if they're generational until the season is over but I'm pretty comfortable saying Hyatt is not.

Blasphemy!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

I'm not sure I'd take any rookie WR in redraft unless they're generational. I do realize you can't really tell if they're generational until the season is over but I'm pretty comfortable saying Hyatt is not.
All the people that won their leagues because of ARSB's 5 game stretch of insanity at the end of his rookie year are laughing at you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
rookie WRs are my absolute bread and butter, if I don't have at least two on my bench in redraft then I'm doing something wrong

of course then I do dumb poo poo like trade JJ for Jonnu Smith after two weeks but WHO'S COUNTING

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Draft night for me goons. This is the year that I've prepped the least, research wise. Shout out to Drunk Nerds for getting that draft sheet together!

I randomly set my name to a Jeudy pun about 30 minutes before his injury was announced, so I may be blursed.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Poque posted:

rookie WRs are my absolute bread and butter, if I don't have at least two on my bench in redraft then I'm doing something wrong

of course then I do dumb poo poo like trade JJ for Jonnu Smith after two weeks but WHO'S COUNTING

Same. A few years ago I realized I hadn't won a playoff game in years in my 14 team bml and completely redid how I thought about bench. Now it's about 1/3 really boring, high floor players to get me through injuries and byes. The other 2/3rds are potential late-season gas: Your rookie rbs and wrs and backups on run heavy offenses. I can cram a.lot in there with players that tick both boxes like Jerick McKinnon and Charbs.

After I did that, I immediately made the finals three straight years with two ships.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Drunk Nerds posted:

Same. A few years ago I realized I hadn't won a playoff game tin years in my 14 team bml and completely redid how I thought about bench. Now it's about 1/3 really boring, high floor players to get me through injuries and byes. The other 2/3rds are potential late-season gas: Your rookie rbs and wrs and backups on run heavy offenses. I can cram a.lot in there with players that tick both boxes like Jerick McKinnon and Charbs.

After I did that, I immediately made the finals three straight years with two ships.

Yeah I won it all for the first time last year by having Breece Hall and then Dameon Pierce step up to sneak me into the last playoff spot after my awful second round pick De’Andre Swift got hurt.

I don’t even touch TE at this point load me up on and upside RBs/WRs, I’ll grab some QB in the 8th or so and take some fliers after that

Bellmaker fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 25, 2023

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

EconDad posted:

It's incredible how fast everyone forgot that CMC is always injured. He's being drafted like he's ironman, all of a sudden.

Spoiler: He's not ironman.

CMC had had twice as many seasons where he's played in every game than not. Everyone forgets that because he had 2 injured seasons in a row.

He's not an ironman, but very few RBs are

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

I am in a .5 PPR league. I have the first pick this year, and my two keepers are AJ Brown (costs me my second round pick) and Rhamondre Stevenson (6th round).

I am loving torn on who to grab first, I feel like with Brown, I should go either CMC or Kelce, but also feel like that's stupid and I should go JJ or Chase. Please help, I am dumb because of choice paralysis.

I'm in basically the same boat. #1 overall pick with Tony Pollard (4th) and Amari Cooper (5th) as my keepers.

I'll take CMC and you take JJ and we can report back end of season.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

VietCampo posted:

I'm in basically the same boat. #1 overall pick with Tony Pollard (4th) and Amari Cooper (5th) as my keepers.

I'll take CMC and you take JJ and we can report back end of season.

Lol deal.

Right now my draft strategy for tonight is to grab JJ for my first pick, Brown is my automatic second round pick, and then grab either Mark Andrews or Kelce if he's available for my third rounder...or go straight to getting my QB if Hurts or Herbert if they're still available (or mahomes but I'm doubtful he's still free by the third).

After that, basically just grabbing whatever the best player is available and filling out my roster. But I figured with JJ, Brown, and Stevenson, I have a very solid foundation to build upon.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Kelce is available in your third round you will dominate your league

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Handsome Ralph posted:

Lol deal.

Right now my draft strategy for tonight is to grab JJ for my first pick, Brown is my automatic second round pick, and then grab either Mark Andrews or Kelce if he's available for my third rounder...or go straight to getting my QB if Hurts or Herbert if they're still available (or mahomes but I'm doubtful he's still free by the third).

After that, basically just grabbing whatever the best player is available and filling out my roster. But I figured with JJ, Brown, and Stevenson, I have a very solid foundation to build upon.
I'll be surprised if Kelce escapes the 1st and Mark Andrews escapes the 2nd.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
If Kelce is available in the 3rd round of a keeper league, can i get an invite?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

I am doubtful he's available but you never know....Andrews though, I think is a high possibility. With the exception of me and two other owners, this league is RB and QB heavy in the early rounds. It's silly.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I can take one of Hyatt, Tank Dell, Josh Downs, or Luke musgrave in the third round of our 16 team dynasty rookie/fa draft. I’m guessing Hyatt is top pick there, Who would the alternative pick if Hyatt gets taken?

I also picked Richardson in round 1 and have Alec Pierce on my roster, so I’d rather not take downs

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm way too biased for Hyatt to answer that.

But I'll give you this to sway you. Look at the ease he breaks free, positively DeSean Jackson esque

https://twitter.com/yahoosports/status/1692689183188377600?s=46&t=4HCQHNrQSCCyTv5_MzlCTw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sorry for the double post but I'll let someone else bet on Kyler Murray

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kyler-murray-joshua-doubs-impact-trends/amp/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

Kelce if he's available for my third rounder...

Kelce went 2nd overall in my keeper league last night lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yeah Kelce is going top-6 this year with some regularity. No way in hell anyone gets him in round 3.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Floofy posted:

I can take one of Hyatt, Tank Dell, Josh Downs, or Luke musgrave in the third round of our 16 team dynasty rookie/fa draft. I’m guessing Hyatt is top pick there, Who would the alternative pick if Hyatt gets taken?

I also picked Richardson in round 1 and have Alec Pierce on my roster, so I’d rather not take downs

If you don't want Downs I'd go Musgrave, especially if it's TEP

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Floofy posted:

After Hyatt, I'm taking Dell over Downs but Musgrave (or Darnell Washington) makes a lot of sense in the 3rd if you need a developmental TE on your bench.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zach Kuntz in late rounds baby

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Only if you are Australian or British.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

lol, gently caress outta here Yahoo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mahomes will have 67 less fantasy points because he has some Chiefs year 1 receivers and lost Juju Smith-Schuster who last year was a...Chiefs year 1 receiver

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Handsome Ralph posted:

lol, gently caress outta here Yahoo.

Your league must give some heavy bonuses to passing, 700+ fantasy points in a season is insane. QB's don't even come close to breaking 500 points in my 6 pt passing td league.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 26, 2023

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

I've done it two years in a row now.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Quiet Feet posted:

I don't know who needs to hear this but you can still draft Vinny Testaverde* in Sleeper drafts.

Ah dang it’s his kid (which makes a lot more sense). Would have been a phenomenal AFCE league meme pick since we are now well past the point of drafting useful people anyway

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

Docjowles posted:

Ah dang it’s his kid (which makes a lot more sense). Would have been a phenomenal AFCE league meme pick since we are now well past the point of drafting useful people anyway

Yeah that was why the asterisk. :)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

VietCampo posted:

Your league must give some heavy bonuses to passing, 700+ fantasy points in a season is insane. QB's don't even come close to breaking 500 points in my 6 pt passing td league.

6PT per TD. Then for passing, 20 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards; 5 points at 400 yards; 10 points at 500 yards. But picks are -2, and sacks are -1. It balances out but yeah it is kinda QB dominant.

Anyways, I ended up grabbing Mahomes in the third because someone grabbed Andrews right before me. I'm mostly pleased with my draft result.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
Our 12-person league is moving from one QB to superflex this year. We get two keepers and there's a simple formula for deciding the cost. One of mine is for sure Jalen Hurts for a 4th. I'm not sure about the other one. These are my options, in order of preference so far:

Garrett Wilson, 15th
DeVonta Smith, 9th
Drake London, 10th
Daniel Jones, 15th

Ordinarily I'd go with Wilson for sure, but I'm also hesitating because I don't fully understand the value of QBs now that we can start two.

Other QBs that are being kept so far are: Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Justin Fields, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Mahomes, Trevor Lawrence, and Kirk Cousins (:lmao:) So with Hurts for me, that's 8 QBs already off the board among 12 teams. Is it crazy to consider keeping Jones here? He was the number 10 QB overall in our league last year and I expect him to maybe break top-8 this year, because I irrationally believe in the Giants coaching staff and Darren Waller's health :pray:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

QBs are far and away the most important in superflex. I guess it depends on when you draft and who will be available. I think you simply HAVE to get your QBs set. Like, you should keep Dimes and then draft another QB in the first. edit: this might not be dynasty, so maybe not if the league is redraft but I'd still lock up QBs

I am cautiously optimistic about Danny Dimes now that Dabol is there. He has some weapons and my thoughts on Hyatt are documented elsewhere.

But also i want to say that in superflex last season I had Trevor Lawrence and Kirk Cousins and they were half a fantasy point from each other on the year and now he has Addison. I don't believe in him long term though. But it's not insane to keep him.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I think you absolutely keep Hurts and Wilson and deal with second QB at the draft. That value is too good

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

kiimo posted:

QBs are far and away the most important in superflex. I guess it depends on when you draft and who will be available. I think you simply HAVE to get your QBs set. Like, you should keep Dimes and then draft another QB in the first. edit: this might not be dynasty, so maybe not if the league is redraft but I'd still lock up QBs

I am cautiously optimistic about Danny Dimes now that Dabol is there. He has some weapons and my thoughts on Hyatt are documented elsewhere.

But also i want to say that in superflex last season I had Trevor Lawrence and Kirk Cousins and they were half a fantasy point from each other on the year and now he has Addison. I don't believe in him long term though. But it's not insane to keep him.
It’s redraft and I’m already keeping Hurts for a 4th, this is for my second keeper.

Scruffy the janitor posted:

I think you absolutely keep Hurts and Wilson and deal with second QB at the draft. That value is too good
I am leaning this way, it’s just that with the top 8 or so QBs already being kept I don’t know. It feels like my options are keep Wilson and plan on getting a second QB outside the top 20, or keep Danny Dimes so I have two top 10 guys and then draft receivers high. If it matters we also start three WRs so they’ll be relatively scarce commodities too.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld

gloom posted:

It’s redraft and I’m already keeping Hurts for a 4th, this is for my second keeper.

I am leaning this way, it’s just that with the top 8 or so QBs already being kept I don’t know. It feels like my options are keep Wilson and plan on getting a second QB outside the top 20, or keep Danny Dimes so I have two top 10 guys and then draft receivers high. If it matters we also start three WRs so they’ll be relatively scarce commodities too.

Do you know what pick you have yet?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone got a source for draft day cheat sheets?

Mostly just need for crossing out guys who’ve been drafted

Football Absurdity beersheets require setting up an account plus entering a credit card and gently caress that

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Quiet Feet posted:

you misspelled Kalen Ballage.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

Cat Hassler posted:

Anyone got a source for draft day cheat sheets?

Mostly just need for crossing out guys who’ve been drafted

Football Absurdity beersheets require setting up an account plus entering a credit card and gently caress that

No they don't? I haven't played fantasy in like 8 years and was able to get a sheet just fine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

gloom posted:

No I know, I was saying take a third QB, but it isn't dynasty so ignore me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

GokuGoesSSj69 posted:

No they don't? I haven't played fantasy in like 8 years and was able to get a sheet just fine.

Okay I realized you gotta scroll way down past ads to get to the form

Got my customized sheet now! If I could only figure out how to save and print it

Oh well I won my league the first year by just showing up to the draft with a copy of Sport Illustrated’s rankings