Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

amazing that we are now in NATO so we will just nuke them off the map!! right??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

von Braun posted:

amazing that we are now in NATO so we will just nuke them off the map!! right??

I was assured these chickens wouldn't come home to roost.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I am happy to report that L has moved the goalpost yet again:

https://twitter.com/Nyheterna/status/1691790654429417494?s=20

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

:d2a::sweden::d2a:

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

BigglesSWE posted:

I am happy to report that L has moved the goalpost yet again:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/inrikes/carl-b-hamilton-lamnar-riksdagen

quote:

Carl B Hamilton lämnar riksdagen. Det skriver hans parti Liberalerna i ett pressmeddelande, enligt TT.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Libs are so spineless

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

zokie posted:

Libs are so spineless

at least it was funny that he managed to make both people who care about racism and sd angry at him at the same time

Carl B Hamilton posted:

– Jag tror att gränsen går vid att de skulle börja uttala sig på samma sätt om judar, och det är inte omöjligt.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I can only assume that the L leadership have decided to make as much money as possible before their inevitable ousting in 2026.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
I say it every year, but the parties should have some kind of presentation of their candidates so it would be easier to pick the one you want.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Preferably in the form of a pageant + talent show

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
SVT, at least I think it’s them, has a thing were you answer questions and it shows you candidates that answer close to your opinions

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
last time I did one of those, it suggested a local Social Democrat candidate, which was at the height of Mette Frederiksens "let's stop focusing on immigration; we all basically agree (that they're nasty and sub-human)" campaign

I did not vote for them and I don't think they went on to do any of the things their profile promised was their focus.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Yeah, there's a bunch of candidate tests around, and a lot of parties also have websites with their candidates I think? I usually get some fun answers from badly worded questions like "should we keep topskat as it is?", which I will answer strong no to, on account of we need it to be way more progressive and start sooner. But the obvious intent is abolish it, so suddenly I agree with Liberal Alliance

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

BigglesSWE posted:

I can only assume that the L leadership have decided to make as much money as possible before their inevitable ousting in 2026.

L has been a burning wreck for so many years now that it’s hard to remember that they were once an influential party that regularly had more than 10% of voters.

Trying to explain why it’s very very bad to be racists, but it’s ok for a liberal party to work with a racist party, and it’s bad to attack religious groups but it’s not really so bad for the chairman of the justice committee to attack Islam during a crisis of anti-Muslim rhetoric when your government called on every citizen to show restraint, but it would have been bad to attack Jews in the same way, because Muslims you know *wink wink* but no we are not racists and we see ourselves as the paragons of antiracism. Unless it’s inconvenient.

So yeah, good job turning a SD attack against Islam into an opportunity to throw one of your most experienced politicians (30+ years in riksdagen right?) under the bus. L is truly the worst party when it comes to practical politics. It’s one thing that everything they do is wrapped in ideological inconsistancy. That’s not unique. It’s that they are so bad.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
I convinced my (wealthy boomer) mom to try one of those last election and she got SF, even though she's supported RV since forever.

She ended up following the suggestion so yay, progress I guess.

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

That L dude is nobility. He's an Earl. A racist aristocrat who studied economics in London is a pretty good fit for any of the 8 angloid bourgeoisie parties in parliament.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Like 12 years ago I and one of my friends stumbled right into open house at Riksdagen. Several members were there leading tours and stuff and we ended up talking to him (Carl B. Hamilton). We discussed the Euro and he agreed with us about how it completely fucks over everyone but Germany (and France I guess), how it wrecks monetary policy, and how bad it would be if Sweden were to adopt the €.

But he still supported it, and supported the party line that wants Sweden to join. Because: “It’s a part of the European project and we support the European project”. It was an amazing display of liberal politics

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.svt.se/nyheter/utrikes/kadyrov-uppmanar-till-vald-mot-sverige-satans-tjanare

Swedes better watch out. They're in grave danger.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

"Satans tjänare" is a pretty awesome national motto.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Hail Satan.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Mymla posted:

Hail Satan.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Pelle Dragsted chosen as spokesman for EL, there literally wasn't a worse choice available to them. I hope they get completely obliterated in the next election and slide into irrelevance, but fortunately that already seems to be the trajectory.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2023-08-22-enhedslisten-goer-pelle-dragsted-til-ny-frontfigur

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

SplitSoul posted:

Pelle Dragsted chosen as spokesman for EL, there literally wasn't a worse choice available to them. I hope they get completely obliterated in the next election and slide into irrelevance, but fortunately that already seems to be the trajectory.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2023-08-22-enhedslisten-goer-pelle-dragsted-til-ny-frontfigur

im not familiar with him, what makes him so bad?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Megamissen posted:

im not familiar with him, what makes him so bad?

He's a former antifascist semi-famous for taking chainsaw to a nazi compound (which he now regrets) and has, as the unofficial chief ideologue, successfully helped to transform EL into a defanged S Lite. He even said it outright just now, he hopes to attract disillusioned SocDem voters who'd hoped for less "centrist" policy. I guess sending refugees to a concentration camp in Rwanda is "centrist" now, but then that also wasn't a dealbreaker for them re: supporting Mette Frederiksen. The party lost 1/4 of their mandates in the last election and were sidelined when she instead chose to form a government with Venstre (Liberals) and Lars Løkke Rasmussen's new Moderates party.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/3EdXV9/sd-ledamoten-forslag-lat-ostraffade-civila-bara-vapen

Can we please not continue gradually turning Sweden into a fascist hellstate like the US?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Terrorists and professional criminals: well known for their aversion to danger. I’m sure arming everyone will be fine.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
drat they really are throwing the kurds under the bus

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
“Hello I need the stupidest loving idea ever”

“No, that’s too stupid”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
But seriously, I would respect* the Right if literally every idea isn’t a screen cap of an image of a copy of a copy of a mimeograph from 1990 of English speaking fash. Like file off the serial number.

I truly do not understand how they think “yes we see that this idea has loudly failed in other countries but now it’s our turn to fail”, but let’s be real, they just want their side armed. They just want to shoot anyone who isn’t them.

Not this cockamamie “well if we had guns maybe Drottninggatan wouldn’t have happened”, settle down Marky Mark.

*I am a prolific liar

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

I've got a couple of friends who are super into guns and arguing they should be able to concealed-carry would make *them* recoil in horror lmao

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

It's convenient for the right that people are talking about the latest of SD's undercooked ideas rather than the outrageous and disgusting tax cuts that they're preparing for the rich.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

anatomi posted:

It's convenient for the right that people are talking about the latest of SD's undercooked ideas rather than the outrageous and disgusting tax cuts that they're preparing for the rich.

Kind of assume this is also why EBT decided to pearlclutch over a 15 year old Grotesco sketch that makes fun of Pingstkyrkan. Stupid drama brings the clicks! Keep jangling them keys.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Naser Khader found Jesus. :lmao:

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2023-08-24-naser-khader-har-fundet-kristendommen-og-vil-vaere-praest

TLM3101
Sep 8, 2010

I wasn't aware Jesus had gone missing!. :dadjoke:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

TLM3101 posted:

I wasn't aware Jesus had gone missing!. :dadjoke:

That's your 40 days between Easter and Ascension Day. Don't worry, I'm sure Frederiksen will get rid of that soon

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/a/4oJpQe/socialdemokraterna-fangelse-for-den-som-koper-knark-fran-barn

Next time you plan on buying some jazz cabbage make sure to ask your deal for their ID or the neolibs in red clothing will send your straight to jail without passing Go.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Speaking of, Pusher Street in Christiania seems to be closing for real this time after the banned criminal organization Loyal to Familia murdered a Hells Angels member and wounded several bystanders. loving legalize it already you stupid shits.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Probably a bad idea for the banned crime gang to start murdering the officially sanctioned crime gang, yeah.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

THE BAR posted:

Probably a bad idea for the banned crime gang to start murdering the officially sanctioned crime gang, yeah.

We simply can't do anything about their annual billion+ kroner business, that would hurt job creators in the public assassination industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Someone should point out that these gangs are job creators willing to take risks and skirt the rules to make growth. And then also legalize weed, even if the police thinks it will increase violence in the short term (lol).