Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

plester1 posted:

Appreciate the tips, it’s definitely not my first Defy show though. escape goat, you may remember me wearing the Defy hat at BOLA this year in the row behind you.

Oh poo poo, hey dude!

Jimbo’s show is going to be UNHINGED. love that for you :kimchi:

I don’t know anything about it other than “Jimbo will be performing” but that’s enough of a sign it’ll be wild. have a rad time, check out as much as you can! prob do the full Jimbo gig and scoot to Washington Hall as fast as possible but it’s always my opinion that it’s WAY more important to attend a show that won’t be recorded. you can catch DEFY on wremix anytime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know some of you are in the general Philly area. LVAC is doing a wrestling show before an Iron Pigs baseball game on August 3rd. Tickets to the game (which are as low as 9 bucks) let you see the wrestling show too, and the first match they announced is World Famous Cheeseburger Vs Mike Bailey. Probably worth it just for that match.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

My old LV punk friend sends me flyers about the wresting/punk band shows but I’m always to lazy to go out from nyc. Seems like a lot of cool stuff like that happens there

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDLXI-HUqis

jfc what the gently caress

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1684225374291390467
drat this is a pretty big match for Mikey hope he kills it; also hopefully the weather will hold and not be too miserable

That show at 880 Saturday was so miserable stepping inside I don't know how the masked wrestlers like Edith wrestled their match

https://twitter.com/wantedmv/status/1684227617304506368
And this Friday it's going to be 95 :negative:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The audible "yo, that's the opener...guess we gotta go home now"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

uWo Legend Sam Stackhouse.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chris James 2 posted:

The audible "yo, that's the opener...guess we gotta go home now"

That's why you make the biggest guy your main eventer.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

uWo Legend Sam Stackhouse.

karma for all the matches of his i watched

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Lio Rush is apparently injured, the match with Speedball in Detroit has been rebooked into a title shot with Blake Christian

Can't say I'm not bummed out but the match will be good.

Hope we can get the rest of the card soon (so it will change night of)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShfEIPUTrr8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8U8LOx9DCw
Enjoy really knocked it out of the park with this set of episodes

Ganon vs Mikey Montgomery was really good as is The Production vs BirdLaw

The Fashionista Street Fight was also really fun

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/HighspotsWN/status/1685020634693120000

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

Oh poo poo, Pivotshare was the only place left to get a lot of the fed I worked for's stuff since a lot of the masters were taken by a bad video guy and the fed shut down during the pandemic. Luckily the episode I did commentary for was on Fite as well but I may have to pony up $5 just to grab a few shows so they don't get lost forever.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

im going to some live loving wrestling tonight get hype

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

Oh poo poo, Pivotshare was the only place left to get a lot of the fed I worked for's stuff since a lot of the masters were taken by a bad video guy and the fed shut down during the pandemic. Luckily the episode I did commentary for was on Fite as well but I may have to pony up $5 just to grab a few shows so they don't get lost forever.
Yeah, figuring out how to download a video from a PivotShare site is trivial if you have a sub, so if there's anything you're worried about not being easily available after the subscriptions get canceled next week, now is the time to grab it.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

im going to some live loving wrestling tonight get hype

poo poo was tight, saw a dude do a rope dodge id never seen before and a lady gave another lady an emerald flowsion and picked her up at one. I was losing it.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
drat, I know several indies that only have their content on Pivotshare. I wonder if IWTV will buy up a bunch of their archives for cheap.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bonk posted:

drat, I know several indies that only have their content on Pivotshare. I wonder if IWTV will buy up a bunch of their archives for cheap.

Specifically I'm thinking about the PROGRESS archives. ICW started transferring their old stuff to Fite+, I'm wondering if they'll do the same.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I wouldn't be surprised if Wremix picked up PROGRESS. They have a working relationship with Defy who's already on there, and all the promotions Wremix has now had Pivotshare content at one point or another.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Speaking of Wremix, Enjoy's "Something To Talk About" dropped really good match between Ray Lyn and Miyu Yamashita and then the main of Su Young vs Edith which was fun until a really bad botched ending that made me think Su tore her knee but from what everyone in the back told me Su was fine afterwards.

Also wanted to post some pics from the Tacomania show I went to at the South Side Works on Sunday that will be up in probably a month
https://twitter.com/AchillesF6/status/1686763094234607616
They hosed up this barricade rented out from the city
https://twitter.com/wantedmv/status/1686375561147596800
Also also for Pittsburgh Enjoy peeps next Enjoy show is a free show at Bottlerocket in the Allentown (Pittsburgh version) August 12th

And next Enjoy Mr. Smalls show is going to be Saturday Oct 7th

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

achillesforever6 posted:

Also also for Pittsburgh Enjoy peeps next Enjoy show is a free show at Bottlerocket in the Allentown (Pittsburgh version) August 12th

And next Enjoy Mr. Smalls show is going to be Saturday Oct 7th

I got so excited for a second that Enjoy was making a trip east.

Also, this explains when I was out in Pittsburgh at an Ice Cream Shop, a guy in line was like "yea I'm heading out to Allentown for some non-alcoholic vegan beer" and I have been so god drat confused ever since. I thought he was taking a 4 hour trip.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

GCW show in Detroit was great but crowd was tempered by the lack of any AC in the building, devolving at times into chants of "it's hot as gently caress." Probably 85 or so with very little circulation.

Komander v Janela and Speedball v Christian were my favorites but the whole show was a lot of fun, I am so hoarse

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Later this month, GCW are holding a few shows in Australia, cross-promoted with Renegades of Wrestling.

On Friday, August 25, they'll be in Sydney. Saturday, August 26, in Melbourne. Sunday, August 27 in Brisbane.

https://twitter.com/ROWrestlingAU/status/1686919929512312832?s=20

These shows will feature Joey Janela, Effy, El Hijo Del Vikingo, Steph DeLander, and Maki Itoh.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The Iron Pigs LVAC show was pretty fun. The Cheeseburger/Speedball match though was insane. I don't understand how Bailey is in Impact instead of AEW or even WWE. His kicks are just as impressive in person as on video. And just the general speed of his movements, there's just never a pause. I've wanted to see Bailey since the first time he showed up for PWG and I was thinking "Whose the geek in the gi?", he definitely didn't disappoint.

Also, is Cheeseburger the best wrestler to come out of the ROH Dojo? I never realized he trained there, and a lot of the trainees have been mediocre to average at best of what I can remember of them.

edit: For anyone in Detroit

https://twitter.com/mashaslamovich/status/1687718406093406211

syzpid fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Aug 5, 2023

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

Oh yeah, at the Detroit show a fan got busted open by a Kommander hurricarana to the outside, shoe hit him directly above the eye. He left and never returned so it was probably pretty bad

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

The Taxman posted:

Oh yeah, at the Detroit show a fan got busted open by a Kommander hurricarana to the outside, shoe hit him directly above the eye. He left and never returned so it was probably pretty bad

People complain about fan risks from light tubes, when luchador based injuries are more common.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Drago kid kicked me in the nuts

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

syzpid posted:

The Iron Pigs LVAC show was pretty fun. The Cheeseburger/Speedball match though was insane. I don't understand how Bailey is in Impact instead of AEW or even WWE. His kicks are just as impressive in person as on video. And just the general speed of his movements, there's just never a pause. I've wanted to see Bailey since the first time he showed up for PWG and I was thinking "Whose the geek in the gi?", he definitely didn't disappoint.

Also, is Cheeseburger the best wrestler to come out of the ROH Dojo? I never realized he trained there, and a lot of the trainees have been mediocre to average at best of what I can remember of them.

edit: For anyone in Detroit

https://twitter.com/mashaslamovich/status/1687718406093406211

Probably Rhett Titus, guy has had a 17 year career at this point.

ROH really didn't do well by their trainees, but especially in those early years. The trainees generally only wrestled each other in short dark matches, and they were expected to be at ROH events to drive the ring truck and set up the ring so that meant that they could not take other indy bookings outside that.

Even CZW did far better by their trainees when they'd run Dojo Wars shows. But ROH basically just wanted to get the marks to pay to be trained by CM Punk or Danielson or Aries and then stopped giving a gently caress.

So Rhett Titus still being on ROH shows to this day is a minor miracle really.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Whatever happened to Bobby Dempsey and his silver space man/exercise suit?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Ganso Bomb posted:

Whatever happened to Bobby Dempsey and his silver space man/exercise suit?

He's been wrestling for Pro Wrestling Explosion occasionally for the last few years. They are the tiniest of the Philly indies and don't even have a ring. They usually do bar shows mixed with local musicians.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

forkboy84 posted:

Probably Rhett Titus, guy has had a 17 year career at this point.

ROH really didn't do well by their trainees, but especially in those early years. The trainees generally only wrestled each other in short dark matches, and they were expected to be at ROH events to drive the ring truck and set up the ring so that meant that they could not take other indy bookings outside that.

Even CZW did far better by their trainees when they'd run Dojo Wars shows. But ROH basically just wanted to get the marks to pay to be trained by CM Punk or Danielson or Aries and then stopped giving a gently caress.

So Rhett Titus still being on ROH shows to this day is a minor miracle really.
It also depends on if you're separating the Baltimore ROH Dojo from the old school in Bristol that eventually got taken over by Burger as Worldwide Dojo. But either way, Burger and Titus are almost surely the answers, regardless.

I always felt that the ROH school, particularly in the early years, was a huge racket since, like you said, there were so few advancement opportunities in ROH for the students. At least when Punk was the head trainer he made a point of getting the students booked elsewhere, which I don't remember happening nearly as much under Danielson/Aries/Delirious.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
The main event of High Tension yesterday between CC Boost and Max Zero is definitely worth watching. It was in an American Legion hall in Brooklawn NJ, and at one point they brawled out into the parking lot. One of the guys from the Hall was like "if you guys go out there, the cops are going to get called!" and I want to say we were outside for about a minute or two before you could hear the sirens going. Two cop cars from Brooklawn AND a state trooper pulled up into the parking lot as the fight was ending. During the match CC Boost grabbed the entrance archway to beat Zero with, which proceeded to rip down half the tarps they were using for the locker room.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1693668111277322310?t=bkp6mBsZFTGPnKYgUrgoVw&s=19
Oh poo poo

Also the free Enjoy show was really fun especially the Human Demo derby since my friends I took to watch who hadn't seen wrestling live before (other than my one friend that I took to the last Enjoy show) we were kind of at points sandwiched between the action and I was like "Oh gently caress there is a dive/suplex happening I need to get out of the way !"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gringo Loco just landed on his head doing a springboard moonsault to the outside, jesus christ I hope he's alright.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pylons posted:

Gringo Loco just landed on his head doing a springboard moonsault to the outside, jesus christ I hope he's alright.

https://twitter.com/PWDownundercom/status/1695389569666187393?t=sLVYcPw_asG0UCmvtK84BQ&s=19

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Last time I posted in this thread I had just gone to my local indie (Idaho Wrestle Club) with a friend and had an absolute blast. We were going to go to the next show a couple weeks later, but unfortunately real life interference made that impossible.

Well, tonight we were able not only to go to their 8th year anniversary show, but he has his daughters this weekend (8 and 10), and they came along. If you ever need to restore your enjoyment of pro wrestling, watch it live with kids. They were into it in a major way: booing the heels, cheering the faces, yelling advice at the wrestlers (I thought they might die of happiness when they yelled “give him a wedgie” and it actually happened). Just such pure enjoyment, it was great. They asked us if we could go to the next show in three weeks, so here’s hoping.

Highlights of the show:
-A heel doing a “Gods Gift to women” gimmick said that the boos were out of jealousy, because he looks like that “And you all look like… that” while pointing directly to me (side note: my friends kids did not like that, because it was “so mean” and they spent part of the drive home reassuring me that I look fine) (sider note: Nah, my mirror works, he was right to pick on me)

-The first ever Bull Rope match for the promotion, which was pretty good and won by a guy whose entire gimmick is “from California” which in Idaho generates nuclear heat

-The secondary champion does a bunch of moves named after Pokémon and comes out with pokeballs and stuff and drat kids still love that.

-Gods Gift wrestled a second match and when he came over to harass me again I told him “My mom thinks I’m handsome” and he immediately hit me with “Doesn’t count, she thinks I’m more handsome” and I almost died laughing

It’s funny. I’m going to watch All In in a few hours, and I will enjoy it. The quality of wrestling will be outstanding I’m sure. But I think I’m general I’ll have had more fun sitting outside this past evening watching a bunch of guys who are probably never going to be on TV wrestle and jaw at the crowd for two hours.

Support your local indie.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/EnjoyWrestle/status/1693668111277322310?t=bkp6mBsZFTGPnKYgUrgoVw&s=19
Oh poo poo

Also the free Enjoy show was really fun especially the Human Demo derby since my friends I took to watch who hadn't seen wrestling live before (other than my one friend that I took to the last Enjoy show) we were kind of at points sandwiched between the action and I was like "Oh gently caress there is a dive/suplex happening I need to get out of the way !"
Tickets for the show are going to be up live at 5 PM EST but I found out who they got for the card early on the Enjoy discord (and also access to tickets) and I'm beyond excited in one person because it's someone who should have been on Enjoy at least a year ago.

Wish Enjoy could get THRUNT but GCW runs so many goddamn shows

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
I hope we'll see Emi and Miyu doing stand up bits.
https://twitter.com/LuchaLibreLaugh/status/1697675197904719903

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Numero6 posted:

I hope we'll see Emi and Miyu doing stand up bits.
https://twitter.com/LuchaLibreLaugh/status/1697675197904719903

Emi’s just gonna read tweets from dorks mad about her not being at All In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Emi says that she wants to perform at Wembley next year and everyone laughs.

:smith: