Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
They can get over the initial infection and live for quite a lot time after that but their immune system is extremely compromised. They could get lucky live another 20 years or get a scratch and die.

It's e:NOT too bad a case, and some of the feather on its head have grown back. It can fly it just can't keep up with the others. I get what you're saying but it's not there yet. I'm going to help keep its strength up, hoping it gets to be one of the lucky ones.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 26, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Getting pulled over for a roadside thc impairment test and the cop just hands you and iPad with some Pete Davidson standup routine and if you laugh you are too higb

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Crossposting for those who don't venture into the auspol thread:

Took a walk in the neighborhood. Nope, nothing wrong with the Adelaide housing market at all.

Distance from one bathroom pipe to another was roughly twice the width of a car.

Went looking online...

Definitely the leftmost one pictured, no gaps between the other ones they're cheek-to-jowl.

Only half a million dollary-doos for a 2-story box sandwiched in amongst 5 identical boxes that as near as I can tell measures 10*3 meters per floor each.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Breetai posted:

Took a walk in the neighborhood. Nope, nothing wrong with the Adelaide housing market at all.

Distance from one bathroom pipe to another was roughly twice the width of a car.

Went looking online...

Definitely the leftmost one pictured, no gaps between the other ones they're cheek-to-jowl.

Only half a million dollary-doos for a 2-story box sandwiched in amongst 5 identical boxes that as near as I can tell measures 10*3 meters per floor each.

*Googles*

:rubby:

I am so glad I bought my first place 15 years ago

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Breetai posted:

Went looking online...

If my maths is right, that comes out to 59.06 square metres. In SA, as in NSW, a granny flat can be up to 60 square metres. I'm curious about the type of title on these.

nm I missed that they're two storey.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Starfield rated R18+ down here

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Jesus Christ $120 loving dollary-doos?

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Where does the term "brain zaps" come from? I know exactly what you mean but every time I've mentioned to a doctor that I'm getting brain zap side effects they don't have a clue what I'm talking about. I end up describing it as momentary dizziness and the doctor ends up just noting "mild dizziness" but I don't think that accurately describes it.

Is a proper medical term for it?

I'd describe it as a hard reset to anyone who deals with tech on the reg. That's what it feels like to me at least, like my whole brain has gone through a hard reset, everything goes down for 1/4 of a second and comes back at once. To a doc though, drat I don't know how you'd explain it. Like you've fallen asleep for 1/4 of a second and woken up like you've been asleep 8 hours without the restfulness?

I really need to get off the antidepressants for personal reasons and I'm seriously not looking forward to it. I'm putting it off because I know it'll floor me for a couple days at a minimum and being self employed means it's lost income.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lube Enthusiast posted:

It's because they stuck pubes on your face instead of a beard

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Jesus Christ $120 loving dollary-doos?

WELCOME TO MODERN AAA RELEASES!

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

thats because the space suit injects lube straight into your penis

in 4k graphic detail

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Infinitum posted:

It's because they stuck pubes on your face instead of a beard

WELCOME TO MODERN AAA RELEASES!

I guess this is the year I completely stop buying games until they're on sale. This is my psychological limit. I can't pay that much for a game.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

A gently caress-ton of work goes into games, but I'll be damned if I'll pay $120 for a single game. Especially a Bethesda game which will be hosed and bordering on unplayable on release.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Hey, at least we have an R18 rating for games now. Took bloody long enough.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’d be 100% on board with games being a bit more expensive so long as the cash goes towards the devs

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
you should all buy armored core 6

i was debating buying two giant handguns for my ac earlier

does anyone want a bluesky code?

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Don’t suppose there’s anywhere on the net i can find old scans of electronic boutique catalogs? Now I’m curious how much n64 era games were

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Don’t suppose there’s anywhere on the net i can find old scans of electronic boutique catalogs? Now I’m curious how much n64 era games were

About $100AUD, from my own experience.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I had all my video games gifted to me by the companies in the 90s. Every console, every game, every stupid accessory, completely free. I have no idea how much they used to cost. :twisted:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Lube Enthusiast posted:

not eb but here ya go https://www.gamesmen.com.au/old-catalogues

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
turok was a hundred and 30 dollars what the gently caress

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
That's so hosed up. $130 in 1990s bucks has got be at least $200 it todays money.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
according to google 304 bucks

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's a reason they stopped using cartridges. They have their upsides, being durable, fast, and even being able to throw in extra hardware on them, but they were apparently expensive as gently caress to make and hard to program for.

Though it is funny how cyclical the hardware arms race can be, now we've come back around to the Switch, whose carts I'm fairly sure are basically funny-shaped and sharp-tasting SD cards. It's like when records came back around to CDs.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

i was debating buying two giant handguns for my ac earlier

They're funny and can stagger quick when used together but they dry up on ammo quick and you have to be real close to not get ricocchet falloff

on the other hand :blastu:

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under

Non Compos Mentis posted:

turok was a hundred and 30 dollars what the gently caress

All you needed was Turok (took forever to finish), GoldenEye (multiplayer replay value forever) and Mario Kart (same as Goldeneye).
I had others that were fun like 1080 Snowboarding and Snowboard Kids, but the 3 above equated to 90% of game time on my N64.
Probably because playing all 3 necessitated bong sessions beforehand.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Snowboard Kids loving ruled. What year did Turok come out? I got up the 64 era before the gravy train ended but I only remember playing Goldeneye, MarioKart, Mario World, a Contra game, and Snowboard Kids on it.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a reason they stopped using cartridges. They have their upsides, being durable, fast, and even being able to throw in extra hardware on them, but they were apparently expensive as gently caress to make and hard to program for.

Though it is funny how cyclical the hardware arms race can be, now we've come back around to the Switch, whose carts I'm fairly sure are basically funny-shaped and sharp-tasting SD cards. It's like when records came back around to CDs.

Carts went the way of the dodo only due to cost. The days of extra hardware on them died years before they went out of vogue. Discs are pressed for cents per unit, carts cost dollars per unit.

Edit: I miss carts, the feeling of slamming a cart in to change games on your console can't be understated.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Remember paying $120 for Super Mario RPG back on the SNES, but that was also because it came with an NTSC adapter.

Found it in one of those little ol chinese video game stores in Liverpool. :allears:

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
I love how donkey Kong 64 came with the memory expansion hardware packed in not because it needed it but because there was a game breaking bug somewhere that they couldn't figure out before release that didn't happen if you had the extra ram.

I don't think I ever played another game that needed it.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Starfield is free on gamepass isn't it?

N64 pivotal titles: super smash bros, San Francisco rush and perfect dark.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

norp posted:

I love how donkey Kong 64 came with the memory expansion hardware packed in not because it needed it but because there was a game breaking bug somewhere that they couldn't figure out before release that didn't happen if you had the extra ram.

I don't think I ever played another game that needed it.

IIRC that miiight be a bit of an urban legend, though they were intending to release a memory increase at some point anyway given, y'know, every N64 came with that expansion port in the first place. Apparently DK64 mostly uses it for lighting effects. (and that game does have some pretty cool lighting tricks)

I ended up getting it just for Pokemon Stadium 2. Perfect Dark also had some extra modes that required it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

IIRC that miiight be a bit of an urban legend, though they were intending to release a memory increase at some point anyway given, y'know, every N64 came with that expansion port in the first place. Apparently DK64 mostly uses it for lighting effects. (and that game does have some pretty cool lighting tricks)

I ended up getting it just for Pokemon Stadium 2. Perfect Dark also had some extra modes that required it.

Perfect Dark needs an Expansion Pak for most of its modes, campaign levels included.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Majora's Mask also needed it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Turok 2 too

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Laserface posted:

Starfield is free on gamepass isn't it?

yep

I really don't get buying it outright.
Even if you're someone who can sink hundreds of hours into those RPGs, you're better off subbing to gamepass on and off when you get the itch.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

alf_pogs posted:

Turok 2 too

nah, it could make use of it though, DK64 and MM are the only games that completey require it. well, and the JP version of Perfect Dark.

Whoforthenwhat
Sep 20, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

nah, it could make use of it though, DK64 and MM are the only games that completey require it. well, and the JP version of Perfect Dark.

The Australian version of Perfect Dark needed the expansion card to play the campaign too.

Was top tier rare devs gaming back then.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Whoforthenwhat posted:

The Australian version of Perfect Dark needed the expansion card to play the campaign too.

Was top tier rare devs gaming back then.

Every version needs it for the campaign, US/EU you can at least play a little MP without it, JP won't boot without it.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Cooking garlic prawns tonight for the third time in as many weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Perfect dark was a far superior MP experience over Goldeneye imo.