Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Hammu-rob-i posted:

This is my favorite thread. I like food a lot and I like good deals. The pontification on potential purchases, the hand-rubbing over good buys, the food court, the neat blue icon/handle on the thread, the steaks on pg170 - keeps me coming back

edit: those crab snacks at least gotta have a lot of calcium. Prob would be good ground up and fed as nutrient for crops

No mention of the one with two "g"s? :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

That's the papa johns thread

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Hammu-rob-i posted:

That's the papa johns thread

:lol:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Just had dinner of Costco chicken tikka on top of Costco rice pilaf washed down with cheap Costco pinot gris.

Simple, very cheap, and pretty tasty.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Smugworth posted:

No mention of the one with two "g"s? :mad:

What is this in reference to?

edit: jongga, got it

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Aug 26, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Soul Dentist posted:

Stop talking and bask in the glory:

It's finally happened. A QPPABHDAJTOWTTGW20OD&FRITPL

(A quarter pound plus all beef hot dog add Jongga (the one with the two Gs) with a 20 ounce drink and free refill in the parking lot)

And it wasn't busy today

PBUC!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
still think it was a bold choice to pop that open in your car, in July, probably in a heatwave

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Nah AC was bumpin' and also I go at ten in the morning so that was a normal, cool, breakfast hot dog

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Nah AC was bumpin' and also I go at ten in the morning so that was a normal, cool, breakfast hot dog

If the court is selling hotdogs, everytime is the right time

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I bought a PlayStation 5 tonight, decent deal; two controllers and a charging station. Brought it home and just stared at the unopened box while I did my budget. Turns out that there’s no loving way to make it work, so back to Costco I went. At least I was able to give the staff a few good natured chuckles when my reason for returning it was simply “I can’t afford it”. Sometimes it sucks being an adult with bills to pay.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Costco: a normal, cool, breakfast hot dog

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.
A brizzy, if you will.

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Thank you for the dishwasher recommendations, they were very expensive. I opened up and disconnected/reconnected the control board and it's working again, so now I have more money to spend at the 'co for regular things.

Like whiskey.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

people are saying this

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I haven't had to shop for appliances recently, but my brother had an LG dishwasher he never used because the wifi failed on it and it wouldn't run without it. :shrug:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002

by VideoGames
Hell Gem

tango alpha delta posted:

I bought a PlayStation 5 tonight, decent deal; two controllers and a charging station. Brought it home and just stared at the unopened box while I did my budget. Turns out that there’s no loving way to make it work, so back to Costco I went. At least I was able to give the staff a few good natured chuckles when my reason for returning it was simply “I can’t afford it”. Sometimes it sucks being an adult with bills to pay.

Sounds like you might be more of the Sam’s Club type.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
lamo

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The mid cycle coupon book has sales on kimchi, Kirkland smoked sockeye, and the best deal is probably the $8 off per package of top sirloin steaks.

Meat is in a weird place right now in general; the prices are coming back down, but gradually and in different ways, so you have to be smart about it. Personally we always search for the mid cycle ads (the ones like this that are posted in between big coupon books) as they are the most likely to have meat deals.

An amazing deal a few weeks ago was the blue package of shrimp for $4 off per, and now the top sirloin. We always stock the chest freezer when these deals come up, as it's the only way to include meat in your diet at a reasonable price.

For that reason the chest freezer is probably one of the most important appliances we own. Also if you are close to Frey Meyers, they have been having killer protein deals sometimes. $3.99 a pound choice tri tips a while back, $3.99 a pound sirloins last week. Huge win.

Regular meat protein is definitely back on the menu if you can be smart about it.

Btw, unrelated but I can't believe they have the temerity to sell the polishes still in the meat aisle. The hot dogs suck. Bring back the polishes you fuckers.

Mid-Life Crisis
Jun 13, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
At Costco anyone need anything

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
How's the pet insurance that Costco offers?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Do those coupon books actually give you a discount? I always figured they were more advertisements than coupon books

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
At one point they were coupons but I think they shifted like a decade ago

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Alucard posted:

At one point they were coupons but I think they shifted like a decade ago

This, it wasted so much time at checkout with cashiers trying to process them and people loving around with the booklets trying to tear them out or just forgetting them altogether and still demanding to get the savings.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Taima posted:

Meat is in a weird place right now in general; the prices are coming back down, but gradually and in different ways, so you have to be smart about it. Personally we always search for the mid cycle ads (the ones like this that are posted in between big coupon books) as they are the most likely to have meat deals.

An amazing deal a few weeks ago was the blue package of shrimp for $4 off per, and now the top sirloin. We always stock the chest freezer when these deals come up, as it's the only way to include meat in your diet at a reasonable price.

For that reason the chest freezer is probably one of the most important appliances we own. Also if you are close to Frey Meyers, they have been having killer protein deals sometimes. $3.99 a pound choice tri tips a while back, $3.99 a pound sirloins last week. Huge win.

Regular meat protein is definitely back on the menu if you can be smart about it.

Solution to meat crisis:

- Buy a vacuum sealer
- Buy a smoker
- Buy whole briskets ($3-4/lb, 13-20lb) and pork shoulders (you can get these for .99/lb on sale at local grocery stores, 6-10lb)
- Vacuum seal 1lb portions of said meat after smoking, freeze

Enjoy eating like a BBQ god forever

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

of course eating less meat was never an option for the goon

calbruc
Nov 15, 2007
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Peas was never an option.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

The Saucer Hovers posted:

of course eating less meat was never an option for the goon

I would eat mapo tofu every day if my rear end in a top hat could take it

hark
May 10, 2023

I'm sleep

Shredder posted:

I feel lucky to have a hearty rear end in a top hat, and to eat mapo several times per week.

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe

Taima posted:

The mid cycle coupon book has sales on kimchi, Kirkland smoked sockeye, and the best deal is probably the $8 off per package of top sirloin steaks.

Picked up a couple packs of top sirloin this morning. This cut has been unusually expensive in my area this summer ($9.99/lb, as opposed to normally around $7.99/lb post-pandemic), so this sale is most welcome.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Shredder posted:

I have bad news about the traditional level of vegetarianism associated with mapo tofu

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Smugworth posted:

What a bunch of bullshit

I found out the hard way this week that my local supermarket stocks two types of LGM

The "hot chilli oil" one that is awesome (although not really hot enough)
And a "crispy chilli oil" that's full to the brim with burnt tasting fried onion.

It's really easy to confuse the labels between the two - literally just the black text is different.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Shredder posted:

DM me, I have some tips to strengthen your rear end in a top hat

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

bird with big dick posted:

DM me, I have some tips to strengthen your rear end in a top hat

I hope the tips are flared on the other side

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Soul Dentist posted:

I have bad news about the traditional level of vegetarianism associated with mapo tofu

oh yea it has pork, gently caress

oh well I'd still eat it every day

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

norp posted:

I found out the hard way this week that my local supermarket stocks two types of LGM

And a "crispy chilli oil" that's full to the brim with burnt tasting fried onion.

It's really easy to confuse the labels between the two - literally just the black text is different.

They have a bunch of varieties all with immensely similar names. I’ve tried all the ones my grocery store has and I definitely like some more than others but I can’t remember which ones are which

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
I went to Costco today.

Weird behavior: pulling thru to park at Costco. Since most of the time I'm buying a lot of items or a few bulky ones, I want access to the back of the vehicle.

Unhinged behavior, parking with a hitch bike rack sticking out beyond every other car in the row. Either park in the far corner you fitness freak or leave the bicycles at home.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

norp posted:

Just gonna stick to Zindrew. Ain't got time for this nonsense, sorry commie nana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
theres like 25 varieties of which 15 are only available on the mainland