Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Koburn posted:

Star Wars: The Creator, from the 'creator' of Rogue ONe

I wasn't sure if the back of that kids head was missing or it was just the same colour as the background

hope it looks better in motion I guess

It's actually not a Star Wars movie though I thought the same thing at first too (there are literally SW esque ships in the background of the first poster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Koburn posted:

Star Wars: The Creator, from the 'creator' of Rogue ONe

I wasn't sure if the back of that kids head was missing or it was just the same colour as the background

hope it looks better in motion I guess

It looks like Robo Gummo

EDIT:

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
The Director took the hit for THE SNOWMAN but a big problem with production was Fassbender was away from set and, to put it politely, was more concerned with loving his way around the Country. The way they try to explain it instead it's like they just forgot to shoot scenes and didn't realise until it was too late.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DrVenkman posted:

The Director took the hit for THE SNOWMAN but a big problem with production was Fassbender was away from set and, to put it politely, was more concerned with loving his way around the Country. The way they try to explain it instead it's like they just forgot to shoot scenes and didn't realise until it was too late.
King

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

DrVenkman posted:

Judging from the Folding Ideas guy video, the problems extend to the whole movie, including sequences that don't feature Fassbender. And a lot of the scenes are filmed in needlessly complex, time consuming ways. It's not that they forgot to shoot scenes, it's that they literally didn't have enough time in the day to shoot the scenes they needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fassbender was not super professional during the production, but partly because it really seems like that was an extremely troubled production outside of him. If you're supposed to get three scenes shot in your day but you only get one and a half done because they have to reset the camera after literally every single line of dialogue to get the camera motion right in a scene that could easily be done in a simple shot reverse shot, then I can see why you'd not be super dedicated to the project after that.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Tinker Tailor also had a lot of elaborate camerawork during what would typically be simple shot/reverse-shot setups and that was a large part of why it ruled. I wonder if Hoytema just excelled at doing those setups quickly and they weren't able to find someone else who could work at that pace while he was busy with Nolan.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yawn. I thought we got over this trend already.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Was hoping for a street sharks movie when I saw the poster

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gripweed posted:

Fun fact, that name in whatever European language that book was written in means "Harry Hill" and is pronounced closed to Harry Hull. So when translating the book to English, they could've called him Harry Hill or Harry Hull and either of those would have been reasonable translations. They chose to stick with Harry Hole.

Apparently, the guy who translated it into English was British, and presumably, didn't want to call him "Harry Hill" since there was a famous British comedian with that name, so he just kept it as "Harry Hole".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Davros1 posted:

Apparently, the guy who translated it into English was British, and presumably, didn't want to call him "Harry Hill" since there was a famous British comedian with that name, so he just kept it as "Harry Hole".

And there's a town in Britain called Hull, so that wasn't an option either.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I would play this videogame.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jawsome!

Gertrude Perkins
May 1, 2010

Gun Snake

dont talk to gun snake

Drops: human teeth
From here, it looks like the Gran Turismo marketing is making some choices.

Koburn
Oct 8, 2004

FIND THE JUDGE CHILD OR YOUR CITY DIES
Grimey Drawer

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Is... is that meant to be a poster or a novel? WTF?

Is there a particular style of poster I don't know about, like at film festival or something that's like that, if so why? Who the hell's going to read all that?

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I see Dr.Bronner reviewed the movie favorably.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

davidspackage posted:

I would play this videogame.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In Norway imported American names like Harry and Johnny and Tommy and whatnot are considered White Trash and stereotypically associated with petty crime, drunkenness, and lack of education. Meaning Harry Hole is basically called something like Billy Joe Hill or Cletus Hole or Hank Hill.

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Gertrude Perkins posted:

i ain't reading all that

i'm happy for u tho

or sorry that happened

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Took me longer than I care to admit to realize Hopper’s head was cut off by a design element and it wasn’t an extremely odd haircut

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I was checking to see showtimes for the 4 dollar ticket stuff tomorrow and both the Cinemark and AMC sites have the "Based on a True Story" as part of the movie's name

Like it's the subtitle

The insecurity oozing off of this movie is loving crazy yo

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I did read the whole thing and this:

is not a thought I had while reading the synopsis, while this:

is a hilarious thing to put on a movie promo item.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The believability of the story is less of an issue than the title. Whenever I've been in a theatre with this trailer it's when "Gran Turismo" shows up that people start groaning and laughing. It'd be like watching the trailer for Sully and then at the end finding out it's a movie for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

How to say "we have no idea how to market this movie" in 50,000 words.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Yeah, that's pretty dense for the back of a dvd box...

... oh no

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

How to say "we have no idea how to market this movie" in 50,000 words.
That's their own fault since they wouldn't negotiate with SAG and thus now the actors are not there to promote this movie for them

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Fixed your movie promos, I will take my $500k in marketing dollars please.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Then the apes start inventing the wheel.

Unfortunately they had to scrap that intro since Fast 11 will probably do it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I take it you haven't seen Barbie.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Gertrude Perkins posted:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

No no, this makes me want to see it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

"It is I, the Abnormal Drug Trafficker!"

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Spoilers I guess but more goodness from THE SNOWMAN. Before this scene Fassbender is told this character killed himself

https://twitter.com/indianloonie/status/1696029594061766982?t=Cue5JS0Gaa0FQQG7ctnq3Q&s=19

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What’s wrong with your faceeee

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
The K_.ller

(I get what they were going for and it's pretty clever)

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

dr_rat posted:

Is there a particular style of poster I don't know about, like at film festival or something that's like that, if so why? Who the hell's going to read all that?

It's exactly that. They usually put them up for films looking for funding or distribution or both, where there's an elevator pitch or summary and they're in the industry area of a festival. I doubt it's meant for the public.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
Can't wait to see The Knller (the kgller?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I honestly thought there would be way more than this. There's a bunch of TV episodes that could fill this out, and short films, but that's a lot of titles for feature films that are being left on the shelf. Get at it, Hollywood!