Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

is there a game that's like mgs5 that's not mgs5, where you can pick missions to do and customize your kit and gently caress around in a sandboxy type environment but the gameplay is actually good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
tfw you exchange one cazador for a player cazador

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

Where is this "old friend" of Karlach's? I'm basically done clearing the city in act 3 and have not found them.

she’s the weapon merchant right by the wall fast travel point in the lower city, west of Sorcerous Sundries.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

my bony fealty posted:

is there a game that's like mgs5 that's not mgs5, where you can pick missions to do and customize your kit and gently caress around in a sandboxy type environment but the gameplay is actually good?

if you don't think the mgs5 gameplay is good i dont know what the hell you would like. ghost recon wildlands is actually kind of a good game (especially/mostly co-op with a friend). breakpoint... not so much. but they're good for ubisoft

sniper elite 4 is great. good stealth action. can do a lot of similar loving with dudes like in mgs5. gradenko should be posting more about his romp in it shortly. the other sniper elites too.

uh, sekiro. don't ask me why though. this gets harder to answer since you don't like the mgs5 gameplay apparently? how much of it have you played

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Fried Watermelon posted:

In act 3 there were a number of horny moments I wasn't expecting that do not have anything to do with party members.

Also it seems like Karlach broke up with me at some point. She mentioned we weren't together anymore when we were talking to an old friend of hers. Wonder if that's a bug or I did something but she kept quiet about it.
actually, you just did a gale on her and assumed you had a relationship beyond being work pals

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

if you don't think the mgs5 gameplay is good i dont know what the hell you would like. ghost recon wildlands is actually kind of a good game (especially/mostly co-op with a friend). breakpoint... not so much. but they're good for ubisoft

sniper elite 4 is great. good stealth action. can do a lot of similar loving with dudes like in mgs5. gradenko should be posting more about his romp in it shortly. the other sniper elites too.

uh, sekiro. don't ask me why though. this gets harder to answer since you don't like the mgs5 gameplay apparently? how much of it have you played

oh no mgs5 gameplay is incredible and that's the problem, it sets the bar too high.

ghost recon and sniper elite look like great ones to give a whirl, thanks.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
gale doesnt actually hit on you unless you choose the very obviously romantic answers. oblivious goons

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

my bony fealty posted:

oh no mgs5 gameplay is incredible and that's the problem, it sets the bar too high.

ohhh ok, yeah cool. those both hit the spot then.

also uh... hear me out - metal gear survive is interesting. gameplay isn't nearly as good but it is kind of interesting. theer are zombies with guns and crazy boss designs and stuff. i'm glad i played through it.

also death stranding of course. a lot less combat but the combat is pretty good and lets you master the art of owning mules with novel tools. but for shootin mans wildlands and the sniper elites are good. both have excellent co-op too.

breakpoint is... not nearly as good as wildlands. play wildlands first if you're gonna play one. also try and see if you can find a mod/crack to get the predator mission back

SomethingBeautiful
Oct 22, 2008

Some celestial event. No- no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet. So beautiful. So beautiful... I had no idea

sniper elite 5 might be a good choice for something kinda like mgs5 but not quite, the levels are pretty great from what i've played so far. it feels like they started grabbing various bits of other games they liked so it has dark souls style invasions, some mechanics that kinda feel like hitman, and the gun customization stuff actually made me think of mgs5 but it all comes together really well

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Cuttlefush posted:

gale doesnt actually hit on you unless you choose the very obviously romantic answers. oblivious goons
it's not hitting on you, it's assuming you were an item way later in the game, despite having shot him down the first chance you got, and being all mopey about you getting with someone else. some of the relationship flags seem to have (had?) an issue with getting turned on/off inappropriately in some cases. not sure if the recent patch fixed that.

that's not to say people aren't also missing extremely obvious hints about where a conversation is going, but that's really a separate issue.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

my bony fealty posted:

oh ALSO if you haven't played through peace walker and ground zeroes yet those are both very good. peace walker is very similar but different. it has monster hunter fights in it. like literally monsters from monster hunter. it also has an arguably better mother base building/fightin game. must play if you havent. runs great on rpcs3.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

A Buttery Pastry posted:

it's not hitting on you, it's assuming you were an item way later in the game, despite having shot him down the first chance you got, and being all mopey about you getting with someone else. some of the relationship flags seem to have (had?) an issue with getting turned on/off inappropriately in some cases. not sure if the recent patch fixed that.

that's not to say people aren't also missing extremely obvious hints about where a conversation is going, but that's really a separate issue.

ohhh gotcha. my bad

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Cuttlefush posted:

nah, i never made a move for him at all, and have literally never left camp with him, but i have an insanely high rep with him from being a scholar and getting history/arcane inspos i think, so after he finds out about his "mission" he confesses love and i had to curb him

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

I guess cyberpunk needed at least 3 more years of development time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrkG3aeWCc

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

smarxist posted:

nah, i never made a move for him at all, and have literally never left camp with him, but i have an insanely high rep with him from being a scholar and getting history/arcane inspos i think, so after he finds out about his "mission" he confesses love and i had to curb him

huh. i had that same scene and it was definitely not a romantic confession. he just talked himself into not blowing up quite yet because of how we're such good friends. which is good because i had given him the talk a few days previously that this wasn't his run. so far he's respected that boundary.

various tags do seem hosed up though. wouldnt be surprised if i suddenly get love bombed by him in act 3 or something

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
The mission this time is to defeat a terrorist group known as CSPAM. All they do is snort drugs and build terrible ACs. Shouldn’t be any trouble for you, 621.

rko
Jul 12, 2017

Lostconfused posted:

I guess cyberpunk needed at least 3 more years of development time

I’m looking forward to experiencing this the same way I did the base game—having a muppet-american named Tim Rogers show me all the ways you can kill the “New Cops” in a 20-hour video essay.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Starfield will require no patches for a year, it will be efficient and snappy

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Lostconfused posted:

I guess cyberpunk needed at least 3 more years of development time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBrkG3aeWCc

I never finished it and now I want to to replay it with the new poo poo. Hm.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i've moved on from family guy themed mech livery but i'm keeping stewart griffin as my clan emblem

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

was looting corpses and holy poo poo look at this fabulous mf

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Lostconfused posted:

bugs aside, the world and the art design were always top notch but the gameplay was definitely let down by some fairly uninspired rpg systems and i'm glad they're getting the chance to take another crack at it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

indigi posted:

I’m so tired of every question I have about video games/consoles being answered by a 6:30 youtube video rather than a 2 sentence blog or forum post that maybe includes a screenshot
google's hosed as it is thanks to thousands of AI-generated sites, but for BG3 it seems especially bad. it's like every site is "[the problem you're trying to solve] is a problem many players of Baldur's Gate 3 face. Finding a solution has stumped many players. Its answer is well hidden in Larian Studios' new roleplaying masterpiece. [five more paragraphs of SEO nothing and then the vaguest possible answer]"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

bugs aside, the world and the art design were always top notch but the gameplay was definitely let down by some fairly uninspired rpg systems and i'm glad they're getting the chance to take another crack at it
yeah. i didn't have too many game-stopping bugs on PC myself and didn't encounter that many youtube-posted bugs. it was a fun linear single player shooter game.

which was definitely not what most people expected tbf

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

I’m so tired of every question I have about video games/consoles being answered by a 6:30 youtube video rather than a 2 sentence blog or forum post that maybe includes a screenshot
the internets dyin' cloud

no really it's rapidly degenerating and everything is so much worse in 2023 than 2016

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Google just sucks, time to start curating your own online resources.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Cuttlefush posted:

he's the fuckin mage of the party with a magical nuke inside his chest who says "hey I've been working on some new magic, want to see?" and when you say "sure" he tries to kiss up on your neck and chest and then never ever stops being a catty bitch when you say no and ever try to get some tyiefling/gith/vampire strange

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

:yeshaha:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

bitmap posted:

he's the fuckin mage of the party with a magical nuke inside his chest who says "hey I've been working on some new magic, want to see?" and when you say "sure" he tries to kiss up on your neck and chest and then never ever stops being a catty bitch when you say no and ever try to get some tyiefling/gith/vampire strange

have not had that happen at all. i put him to a pact to not be doing that and he aggreed enthusiastically. if he were to violate it... there would be consequences

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

R. Mute posted:

google's hosed as it is thanks to thousands of AI-generated sites, but for BG3 it seems especially bad. it's like every site is "[the problem you're trying to solve] is a problem many players of Baldur's Gate 3 face. Finding a solution has stumped many players. Its answer is well hidden in Larian Studios' new roleplaying masterpiece. [five more paragraphs of SEO nothing and then the vaguest possible answer]"

this poo poo also sucks but I've noticed lately that when I click a search result on my phone that has that SEO word salad, about half the time the browser will snap down to a relevant passage that's been highlighted

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
yeah google is now officially useless for a lot of things. if it sniffs a product you get prioritized pages of bullshit amazon listings and ai spam. death will come for them

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

yeah google is now officially useless for a lot of things. if it sniffs a product you get prioritized pages of bullshit amazon listings and ai spam. death will come for them

They're entrenched, it literally doesn't matter whether their service is good

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Buck Wildman posted:

was looting corpses and holy poo poo look at this fabulous mf

Gorgeous :3:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Been watching someone play mechs and dual shotguns seem to just be really good against anything, as is right and proper

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

https://www.mikesrpgcenter.com/index.html

just wait for this to be updated, easy peasy

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Been watching someone play mechs and dual shotguns seem to just be really good against anything, as is right and proper

double smgs -> stagger -> weapon bay swap to double shotguns is extremely fun

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

actually, you just did a gale on her and assumed you had a relationship beyond being work pals

Too close to real life. Fixing up her broken engine and having such horrible sex afterwards she considered us broken up already.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Fried Watermelon posted:

Too close to real life. Fixing up her broken engine and having such horrible sex afterwards she considered us broken up already.

insert a soul coin to continue (9)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Holy poo poo

The only info I can find says CoD:MW2 peaked at 1 million concurrent.