Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

End of Chapter 2 boss - I think I will try this again tomorrow. Makes me feel nostalgic for the peaceful days of the chapter 1 end boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tungsten
Aug 10, 2004

Your Working Boy

Zokari posted:

ur right i wouldn't call skyrim very exciting, that's not really what you play it for i think

definitely more of a slow burn resource accumulation fantasy sort of deal

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i downloaded a Zeon decal and now AC6 crashes to desktop anytime i try to bring up the decal menu

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i decided a fun thing to do would be to make my own mission badges after beating each mission

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
the decal editor is genuinely insane

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Just don't play the game. Lol

Plunking down $70 for a game I'm convinced will be bad and previously hating every game the studio has ever made.

The game will be fine, sell tons, and people will like it. Goons will mald once again over something being popular.

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

armored core pro-feddie bias

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Mr Hootington posted:

Just don't play the game. Lol

Plunking down $70 for a game I'm convinced will be bad and previously hating every game the studio has ever made.

The game will be fine, sell tons, and people will like it. Goons will mald once again over something being popular.

Yup. Games-rear end posting about this one lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was really into every Bethesda game since Oblivion but don't really feel grabbed by this one yet. Might change my mind if the modders go as crazy over this one as they did for Skyrim tho

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The base games are good without mods lol

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

this might be petty of me, but why the hell is there a loading screen for level-ups in bg3. short-ish as it is, it's just annoying.
does the background really demand that much detail?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

The base games are good without mods lol

Maybe but the mods are what make them unique and I've got two kids and a huge backlog

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

Maybe but the mods are what make them unique and I've got two kids and a huge backlog

Yes modding of their games is what make them unique. Love to load up "anime eyes", "all npcs have boobs", and "guns make fart noises".

Like I looked at modding the base skyrim since I have a copy and a pc that can run that and all the mods are just cheat engine poo poo. Wow!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm using one mod for BG3 (make Shadowheart's hair look good and thereby make her like 10x cooler), totally worth it

I bet the fact that BG3 comes with nude mode on by default has really put a limiter on its mod scene

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

Yes modding of their games is what make them unique. Love to load up "anime eyes", "all npcs have boobs", and "guns make fart noises".

thatsbait.gif

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

thatsbait.gif

Like 80% of the mods for bethesda games are texture swaps, sex poo poo, or meme poo poo. 15% is cheat engine and bug fixes for the cheat engine. 5% is some middle school tier writing assignment of go from one location to another.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr Hootington posted:

5% is some middle school tier writing assignment of go from one location to another.

that's the base game

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Mr Hootington posted:

5% is some middle school tier writing assignment of go from one location to another.

I've got some bad news for you about video games

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

indigi posted:

that's the base game

Nah I've played some of the "quests" modders put in and the modder quests are way worse than bethesda quests.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
I've never played any Bethesda mods but the base game is middle school location quests

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm sorry dude but if you are coming at this from a pro-Bethesda-games but anti-modding angle I can't relate

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
and I had a lot of fun with Skyrim

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I need more boost! this robot aint got boost for poo poo!!

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

That said I played Oblivion and FO3 on 360 (meaning without mods) and enjoyed them just fine, but Skyrim, New Vegas, and FO4 were a lot more fun with mods

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

i enjoy vanilla bethesda games generally but being staunchly anti-mod is the dumbest loving poo poo i've ever read

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm not anti-mod. I'm saying they aren't the panacea goons have convince themselves. It is a crutch.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Like 80% of the mods for bethesda games are texture swaps, sex poo poo, or meme poo poo. 15% is cheat engine and bug fixes for the cheat engine. 5% is some middle school tier writing assignment of go from one location to another.

skill issue

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

My favorite bit of goon bethesda posting is reading about a goon running g into some gamebreaking bug, then when you look at the goons post history there is some post from the goon talking about all the odd they are installing.

Wonder why they ran into a gamebreaking bug? 🤔

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Mr Hootington posted:

I'm not anti-mod. I'm saying they aren't the panacea goons have convince themselves. It is a crutch.

yea it's easy for mods to make a bad game less-bad but it's a lot harder to make a fundamentally mediocre game actually good

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

I'm using one mod for BG3 (make Shadowheart's hair look good and thereby make her like 10x cooler), totally worth it

I bet the fact that BG3 comes with nude mode on by default has really put a limiter on its mod scene

I just gave her a hat

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Npc comic meme

"lol don't buy the game if you don't think it'll be good"

"Yeah, I probably won't, unless it has this feature I like"

*angry face*

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Zokari posted:

i enjoy vanilla bethesda games generally but being staunchly anti-mod is the dumbest loving poo poo i've ever read

you should definitely be anti-mod. wait what thread am I in

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

loquacius posted:

This is hosed up. Shadowheart's silly bangs are fine, and the mod makes her look like a Cyberpunk NPC.

The hair version of those mods that make Aloy not have freckles or whatever,

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

This is hosed up. Shadowheart's silly bangs are fine, and the mod makes her look like a Cyberpunk NPC.

The hair version of those mods that make Aloy not have freckles or whatever,

???

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Ytlaya posted:

End of Chapter 2 boss - I think I will try this again tomorrow. Makes me feel nostalgic for the peaceful days of the chapter 1 end boss.

I have gotten so close to killing Balteus so many times this evening, and it burns my soul how I've gamed every variation of build I have and fall at that last rabid flamethrower death throe.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

big armored core secret is that you can boost kick enemies repeatedly which is really useful for bosses where all of your high DPS, low ROF weapons are on cooldown. that extra bit of damage along with assault armor actually makes a fairly noticeable difference

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i've completely ensmoothened my brain in BG3 and i feel excited about it. bitches don't know what i'm about to unleash on this world

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

quad missile loadout is very very strong. i've been steamrolling everything since getting the hand launchers. i'm sure it won't last but for now it feels good, merc.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

big armored core secret is that you can boost kick enemies repeatedly which is really useful for bosses where all of your high DPS, low ROF weapons are on cooldown. that extra bit of damage along with assault armor actually makes a fairly noticeable difference

yeah this also works to set up a melee attack so if you kick through at a glancing angle you can follow up with a quick turn and a backstab if the boss cooperates. love that the tetrapod just spins its legs in a whirlwind.
armored core is good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I’m finding the plot legit compelling. What is Handler Walter’s mysterious past? What’s the deal with the Rubiconian resistance?

Also betting V.I will be the Nineball/White Glint of this game.