Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

Bright Bart posted:

There's this movie where Patton Oswalt [or someone who looks just like him [and it's kind of weird how many actor-comedians do when you'd think he'd be unique] plays a coach, teacher, or principal who sorta mentors an obese child.

Looked up PO's filmography and can't find it but it has a really sweet scene where after overcoming his insecurities the kid asks if he should ask out this girl that he's closely befriended and if a girl like her could ever truly be attracted to someone like him. And the principal says no, probably not, and that he shouldn't risk getting his heart broken just now. What makes it so interesting is that it's not played for laughs or setting up a scene where the kid makes a big gesture (TM). It just is what it is and coming from a caring place. And Oswalt looks pained to have to say any of this.

This might be Terri (2011)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Okay. I need to track down a specific awful B-horror film.

I saw it about 11 years ago on Netflix streaming. There were no actors of note in it.

The plot of the movie was essentially that a bunch of hookers were gathering up at a house for a Christmas party. But a zombie Santa attacks, although the zombie Santa behaves more like an intelligent predator than just a rando Zombie. It has an iconic scene where one of the guys is taking a poo poo out the window, the zombie santa walks up, sticks his hand up his bum, and kills him by pulling his intestines out through his anus.

I need this for a bad movie night.

Please goonie-wan, you're my only hope.

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped

codyclarke posted:

This might be Terri (2011)

Yes! Thank you! And I am not sure why I had that so wrong.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Martman posted:

Mulholland Drive has at least one that most people will remember for the rest of their lives lol

gently caress that scene. Fun fact, the person behind the make-up is Bonnie Aarons, who eventually went on to become The Nun from the Conjuring films!

sigher posted:

Looking for a horror film that was recent and I think I caught on Shudder or Amazon Prime, but it was a couple being terrorized at night in a remote house in the UK country-side. I think eventually they're killed about half-way through the movie, however the film jumps back in time and it turns out that the initial couple that's being tormented are lovely thieves and the people they robbed that evening are just coming after them to get revenge.

I'm going to keep dredging this post up because it's coming up to 3 years and I still can't find it. Due to the synopsis it's basically impossible to search for. I've even tried to ChatGPT this poo poo and it just suggests things close to it, but never the right film.

sigher fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 1, 2023

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP
There's a documentary that came out sometime between 2000 and 2010 about a guy who lived in an apartment where he filmed himself 24/7 with remote cameras. This is not 'In The Bathtub of the World' or 'We Live in Public'—I remember the DVD for this movie having a courier type font, green text on black. I think that was an early internet thing where people could watch the footage, but I can't remember.

Edit: Nevermind, found it—Wide Awake (2006)

codyclarke fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Aug 10, 2023

Minghawk
Oct 9, 2012

sigher posted:

I'm going to keep dredging this post up because it's coming up to 3 years and I still can't find it. Due to the synopsis it's basically impossible to search for. I've even tried to ChatGPT this poo poo and it just suggests things close to it, but never the right film.

It might have already been suggested but that sounds a bit like The Owners (2020). Or a bit like the vague bits I can remember from it.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
An old kung fu/exploitation movie, where the hero was a super hero of sorts. The film ends with him pulling a ball or something from his cowl and throwing it at the villain, who dies instantly. It then immediately goes THE END.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

An old kung fu/exploitation movie, where the hero was a super hero of sorts. The film ends with him pulling a ball or something from his cowl and throwing it at the villain, who dies instantly. It then immediately goes THE END.

It doesn't sound like it, but you're not thinking of the ending of Blood Debts, are you?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Andorra posted:

It doesn't sound like it, but you're not thinking of the ending of Blood Debts, are you?

Nah, that's the wrist mounted rocket launcher one. This very specifically had a thing pulled from a costume and thrown to kill the villain.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Nah, that's the wrist mounted rocket launcher one. This very specifically had a thing pulled from a costume and thrown to kill the villain.

i initially read your post as "pulls a thing from a cow" and thought that it would be very easy for someone to identify. Now I am disappointed.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

therattle posted:

i initially read your post as "pulls a thing from a cow" and thought that it would be very easy for someone to identify. Now I am disappointed.

Twister

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/@WuTangCollectionDope

This has thousands of old ku fung movies, sorry cant narrow it down, if its on here.

Manos99
Mar 17, 2009

Maybe THE KILLER METEORS? Jimmy Wang Yu plays a superhero-ish character and battles Jackie Chan (as the villain!) on some wooden pillars at the end. Jackie traps him, but then Jimmy pulls out the titular killer meteor (just a round, studded ball on a stick) which leads to Jackie dying instantly from a vaguely presented meteor shower.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Manos99 posted:

Maybe THE KILLER METEORS? Jimmy Wang Yu plays a superhero-ish character and battles Jackie Chan (as the villain!) on some wooden pillars at the end. Jackie traps him, but then Jimmy pulls out the titular killer meteor (just a round, studded ball on a stick) which leads to Jackie dying instantly from a vaguely presented meteor shower.

Here's that scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUE6dOWxEN8&t=102s

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Nope, not it. The main guy wore a yellow outfit I think? And it was American actors iirc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Could it have been a mix? Godfrey Ho was known for splicing a lot of footage with unrelated other footage

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Smithee posted:

Could it have been a mix? Godfrey Ho was known for splicing a lot of footage with unrelated other footage

No, it was definitely a full movie. I've seen it a few times, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It MAY have had an animal name? Like the guy was Puma Man or something (not Puma Man, that's the mst3k movie).

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

No, it was definitely a full movie. I've seen it a few times, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name. It MAY have had an animal name? Like the guy was Puma Man or something (not Puma Man, that's the mst3k movie).

That’s pumaman

(Youre only a human being)

That’s puman being

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

CATMAN LETHAL TRACK (or as the DVD I saw "U.S. CATMAN IN LETHAL TRACK")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV73MIyWNN8

And yeah, it was like two films edited together.

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 26, 2023

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
IT WAS GODFREY HO
:comeback:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gripweed posted:

Sitting down to watch The Cook, the Thief, His Wife & Her Lover and getting super pissed off when they introduce a fifth guy

I'm just catching up from a while ago, but this got a genuine :lol: from me, thank you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sigher posted:

This sounds super familiar and I feel like it's a movie like Funny Games (except not Funny Games).

Maybe it's one of the similar movies to it listed in IMDB?

Edit: I've asked a friend of mine about the film you're looking for, copying and pasting your entire post. Dude is a horror encyclopedia, so hopefully he'll be able to answer with the name. I'll let you know either way.

Edit 2: he says it's insanely familiar, but he can't place it.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 26, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

sigher posted:

gently caress that scene. Fun fact, the person behind the make-up is Bonnie Aarons, who eventually went on to become The Nun from the Conjuring films!

It's not 100% but sounds kind of like Mercy

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Davros1 posted:

CATMAN LETHAL TRACK (or as the DVD I saw "U.S. CATMAN IN LETHAL TRACK")

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV73MIyWNN8

And yeah, it was like two films edited together.

Oh my God thank you so much. Go to hell, you FUCKER!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I got one that I think is going to be easy. When I was a child there was this trailer that I saw a lot because it was either on one of our VHSs I watched a lot or was on a lot of VHSs. The only part I remember is they’re getting ready to execute someone in the electric chair and that song that goes “tiiiiiiiiime is on our side, yes it is” is playing

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Gripweed posted:

I got one that I think is going to be easy. When I was a child there was this trailer that I saw a lot because it was either on one of our VHSs I watched a lot or was on a lot of VHSs. The only part I remember is they’re getting ready to execute someone in the electric chair and that song that goes “tiiiiiiiiime is on our side, yes it is” is playing

I believe that's Fallen, with Denzel Washington and John Goodman. Elias Koteas plays the guy in the chair, iirc.

I really wanted to see it because it seemed like it was based on Harlan Ellison' Mephisto in Onyx.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-ykURLzSg

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Yeah that’s Fallen, the song is a recurring thing. Dope movie with a great cast

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Thats gotta be it, thanks. What’s odd is that thats gotta be the right movie but that doesn’t seem like the right trailer at all.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Oh poo poo, this has shaken loose another childhood execution scene memory. I must seen it in the mid 90s, no clue the context. A guy is getting set up in the electric chair, and they’re putting tape Xs over his eyes. It cuts to the people watching and there’s one guy who is visibly very excited to see the execution.

That’s all I got.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Gripweed posted:

visibly very excited

…a hard on?

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Gripweed posted:

Oh poo poo, this has shaken loose another childhood execution scene memory. I must seen it in the mid 90s, no clue the context. A guy is getting set up in the electric chair, and they’re putting tape Xs over his eyes. It cuts to the people watching and there’s one guy who is visibly very excited to see the execution.

That’s all I got.

Might be The Green Mile, if the excited guy was one of the guards.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Hannibal Rex posted:

Might be The Green Mile, if the excited guy was one of the guards.

There was no tape on anyone's eyes in that. Just the hood.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Gripweed posted:

That’s all I got.

How about Switching Channels with Burt Reynolds and Kathleen Turner? Ned Beatty is very enthused by the chance he might be the person among three to be the executioner in the blind panel. That said, I think it was a hood and not tape.
It's on Tubi if you'd like to check. Probably around the 2/3rds mark. A really fun and overlooked screwball comedy if you like them.

1:10:30 should get you there. Apparently an adaptation of The Front Page. I'm so uncultured.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 27, 2023

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Minghawk posted:

It might have already been suggested but that sounds a bit like The Owners (2020). Or a bit like the vague bits I can remember from it.

This looks familiar, but it also looks like there's daytime scenes and the film I'm talking about was all at night. Maybe I was wrong though, I'll give it a watch.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Edit 2: he says it's insanely familiar, but he can't place it.

drat, thanks though!

Opopanax posted:

It's not 100% but sounds kind of like Mercy

I've never seen Mercy, so it definite isn't it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Ape Agitator posted:

How about Switching Channels with Burt Reynolds and Kathleen Turner? Ned Beatty is very enthused by the chance he might be the person among three to be the executioner in the blind panel. That said, I think it was a hood and not tape.
It's on Tubi if you'd like to check. Probably around the 2/3rds mark. A really fun and overlooked screwball comedy if you like them.

1:10:30 should get you there. Apparently an adaptation of The Front Page. I'm so uncultured.

No, that's not it. The tape is a non-negotiable part of this memory, it was definitely tape put on the eyes. And the shot of the spectators was about enjoying watching it. I think that's why it stuck with me, the technical detail of the tape and the idea of people enjoying watching someone die gave child me an incredibly strong sense that this was something I Shouldn't Be Watching.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gripweed posted:

No, that's not it. The tape is a non-negotiable part of this memory, it was definitely tape put on the eyes. And the shot of the spectators was about enjoying watching it. I think that's why it stuck with me, the technical detail of the tape and the idea of people enjoying watching someone die gave child me an incredibly strong sense that this was something I Shouldn't Be Watching.
I'm struggling with anything specific but I kinda wonder if the Hellraiser movies could've had something like that. Or maybe it was more grounded/realistic?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Martman posted:

I'm struggling with anything specific but I kinda wonder if the Hellraiser movies could've had something like that. Or maybe it was more grounded/realistic?

I don't specifically remember anything fantastical about it. I know the spectators looked like normal people, at least. I don't have any strong memories of the people carrying out the execution, but they might have just not been a focus of the shot

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gripweed posted:

That’s all I got.

Faces Of Death?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Faces Of Death?

Against my better judgement I googled Faces of Death execution scene and it doesn't seem quite right? There's no reaction shot. But I'm going off childhood memory so unless someone else is able to pull an execution scene with taped over eyes out of a hat, I think I'll have to accept it was this warped by childhood perception and time.

How the heck did I see a clip from Faces of Death when I was like 7 years old?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

Gripweed posted:

How the heck did I see a clip from Faces of Death when I was like 7 years old?

I have memories of the video series having commercials to mail order tapes if late 80s to mid 90s makes sense for a timeframe