Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Better mobilize all adult males. This is really important guys!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/status/1695513993903829445
The last of the VEE DEE VEE were thrown into the Zaporizhzhia front in a desperate attempt to stiffen the lines. If they get defeated in the field too, POCCNR will have a difficult time in finding more reserves to stiffen their defenses.
Apparently it's not the entire 76th Air Assault Division
https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/status/1695515474224652458

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.reuters.com/markets/commodities/insurers-raise-premiums-black-sea-tankers-tensions-mount-traders-2023-08-23/

quote:

MOSCOW, Aug 23 (Reuters) - Insurance companies have notified charterers of ships operating in Russia's Black Sea ports of an increase in additional payments known as "war risk premiums", four traders said.

A war risk premium was added to the common insurance costs for tankers last year after the start of Russia's military action in Ukraine, which Moscow calls a special military operation.

Military actions in the Black Sea area of Russian and Ukrainian Black Sea ports have escalated since the grain export deal fell apart in mid-July.

Most recently Russia reported several attacks at its Black Sea ports. So far, oil loadings from Russia's Black Sea ports have not been affected by the attacks, but risks are mounting, traders said.

The war risk premium was increased from around 1% of the cargo's cost to some 1.20-1.25%, the traders said.

The increase means every voyage will cost $200,000 per one Suezmax tanker (can carry 120,000-200,000 tonnes) more if Russian oil is delivered to India. The rise in the premium means the overall cost of the premium will be almost $1 million.

Although the sum is not huge it adds to Russia's overall oil export costs, which have soared since February 2022 due to sanctions.

At the peak of Russian supply and sanctions crisis Russian companies were paying as much as $20 million per tanker towards insurance shipping and freight costs representing more than a third of each cargo's value.

Traders added the increase was mostly applied to cargoes carrying Russian oil and products, while the premium of cargoes carrying Kazakh origin volumes was generally stable around 1%.

"Volumes originated from Russia are associated with higher risks than others, though current situation gives insurers lots of reason to raise prices for anyone operating in Russian Black Sea ports," one of the traders said.

Grain traders have expressed concerns about the security of grains shipments and the rise in war risk premium for oil tankers shows the worries have spread to wider markets.

Overall crude oil loadings from Black Sea Novorossiisk and CPC terminal account for some 2% of global supply. Oil product exports from Russia's Black Sea ports is about 4 million tonnes per year.
Puccia just can't catch a break, can they? This will only drain what's left in their treasury even faster.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!
How does an active shooting war only justify a 20% increase in risk payments? Shouldn't that be much higher since Ukraine had already shown they will attack these tankers?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

kuarduck posted:

How does an active shooting war only justify a 20% increase in risk payments? Shouldn't that be much higher since Ukraine had already shown they will attack these tankers?

The actuarial tables for flight from windows for insurance execs is something

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bunnyofdoom posted:

The actuarial tables for flight from windows for insurance execs is something

Ruthless if true

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

kuarduck posted:

Looks like this is an increase in a war risk premium that's already been tacked on, and shipping actuaries that have any exposure to the Persian Gulf have plenty of prior data to work with involving oil shipments with major shooting wars in the vicinity.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Does the 20% mean your family gets 1 fish rock and .20 of another one

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Does the 20% mean your family gets 1 fish rock and .20 of another one

That ship already sailed. These days they hand out circus tickets as compensation to the families of demilitarized mobiks.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dont they... not pay out in case of war?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oh, looks like a war rider

as hardcore as florida hurricane and california earthquake riders, evidently

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Ukraine is trolling Russia again:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1695578593374384555

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol nice

zone
Dec 6, 2016

:troll:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

660,000 workers missing huh...

250-300K currently in Ukraine fighting
Where'd the other 360,000ish go?

Gone to flowers, everyone.

When will they ever learn.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

lmao at this loving portrait.

What a maroon!

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

how long until cameras with speakers are banned in russia

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Banning all smart phones is a hard try even for Putin

On the other hand if he wants to ban lovely IoT devices which are just gaping security holes I’d gladly accept that export. Please let that Russian cultural influence go worldwide

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

The bloodthirst levels are off the charts MODS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But seriously 10/10 trolling effort. Beautiful. They should have sent a poet.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Camming is like right behind Potash and Terbium extraction in terms of bringing in export dollars. Putin is crazy but not stupid to clamp down on the economic might of fisting and watersports.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1695093512969072973?s=20

:stare:

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Karate Bastard posted:

I wish I had better video editing skills. If I did I would do this one about the war in Ukraine and elective warfare and the humanitarian catastrophe of authoritarian death state bullshit culture, but prigozhin is dead, are you sure?

https://i.imgur.com/K6DrB1F.mp4

The meme is called "Dimitri finds out". He's found out a lot of things over the years. Originally, he's expected to find out this music is called "trance" but elects to trip balls just before finding out. Dimitri owns bones. He better not be a nazi.

I love Dmitri, the sheer sincerety when he says that music sucks and than his ecstasy pills take him and its all irrelevant

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Blyatted by Mines it turns out, and I am, as you can probably guess; satisfied with this outcome.
Do I get another 6er for expressing that?

E: I too love Dimitri.

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Aug 27, 2023

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

staberind posted:

Blyatted by Mines it turns out, and I am, as you can probably guess; satisfied with this outcome.
Do I get another 6er for expressing that?

E: I too love Dimitri.

I'll take a 6r with you brother.

I wish for such news every day. I am a filthy traitor, a Belarusian who failed at revolution in 2020. The crime and guilt is so profound that when this is over I will never set foot in Ukraine for the rest of my life, maybe my children

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sekenr posted:

I wish for such news every day. I am a filthy traitor, a Belarusian who failed at revolution in 2020. The crime and guilt is so profound that when this is over I will never set foot in Ukraine for the rest of my life, maybe my children

One of my besties friends' family were Belorussian TV presenters, you might know them, but now they aren't. they were not exactly charmed by a certain russophile leader.
anyhow. I got out my ouiji board and got in touch with Lady Di.
she has mixed feelings and i was a bit shaky on the oiji due to too much Leffe, but i am p. sure she said Слава Україні!

staberind fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Aug 27, 2023

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"We survived the 90's - and we'll do it again soon!" lmao

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

When this loving clown appeared here saying that there is nuance and complicated situation I posted nothing because sometimes you simply don't know where to even start. This whole war of russia against Ukraine ONLY becomes complicated when you are doing mental equilibristics. When you support landgrab and genocide but also have to produce in you mind hundreds of complications so it will make sense as a GOOD THING.

Back to Belarus, as my utter alcoholic neighbour put it "if Ukranians launch a rocket into my apartment I will not be super happy about it, but I will understand"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hasn't most of that public, collectivized structure which allowed russia to survive the 90s, the commie blocks, places to plant gardens, since been privatized and/or deteriorated?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Sekenr posted:

Belorusian people will rise again, I'm sure of it.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Sekenr posted:

I love Dmitri, the sheer sincerety when he says that music sucks and than his ecstasy pills take him and its all irrelevant

I watch a lot of videos and think "Yeah, I've been that high." Not this time, not by a wide margin.

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro

Nice one. No more warcriming for them

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
I regret to inform you that VDV cpl demitri was kia on day 1 of the SMO

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Those have got to be guided munitions of some kind, right? I'd suspect a minefield but it looks like there were some hits on the top of the first tank hit before it blew up. Terrifying in case, god drat.

Also it took me a few seconds to realize the start of the video was sped up and I was seriously impressed by the speed these guys were getting out of their T-72s.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Yeah that doesn't look like a minefield, especially not that close to the road

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
You can see the shell coming in before at least one explosion.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It says the linked "page doesn't exist", does anyone have a different source?

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

mobby_6kl posted:

is twitter less poo poo for people with accounts?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

frumpykvetchbot posted:

my account got brought back from the ur regions of twitter hell for calling must a word that i cant repeat here, after must took over twitter, its as shite as anywhere else but ymmv

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

mobby_6kl posted:

Here it is via nitter

edit: hang on

edit 2: nope... sorry

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

frumpykvetchbot posted:

Yes, just make an account via a second email account and save login. Although, we should be SSing stuff so you don't have to do this