Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What of it? If it is a lie it is a lie but as we say here in Australia "The truth rises higher than the spires of St Vassily."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Australia blew up nordstream to make their coal and lpg exports more profitable. *taps head* sequi pecuniam, never fails.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Actually the Ukrainians blew it up at our request, as a thank you for introducing them to rugby league.

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Rust Martialis posted:

Shocked. I am totally shocked.

I hope Supernintendo Chalmers really gives it to Seymour for these antics.

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1695361591976288456?s=20

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

Budzilla posted:

This is the video I based my comment on. The screenshot makes it the trees look weird, like a computer game that uses intersecting textures to create an illusion of filled out canopy. Video is also undated and has a weird uncanny valley vibe to it. As much as I like to lol at Russia and stan for Ukraine I wouldn't take anything away from that video.

I think that video just being some random video of some random person driving an old T-10 off a trailer that has nothing at all to do with current events is a lot more likely than the whole thing being some sort of CGI fake.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

This is exactly the type of poo poo that convinces me that we still cannot completely trust the German government to really be on Ukraine's side in this conflict.

All what this is, looking like excuses to stop helping and start demanding the EU to do the same. For the sake of peace, you know.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
Der Spiegel is a german tabloid though. They're doing this to make russian? money.

bratwurst massage
Jan 27, 2018
I think Putin's memoirs will be called "If I did it"

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
"Cult of Lack of Personality "

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

RBA-Wintrow posted:

Der Spiegel is a german tabloid though. They're doing this to make russian? money.

It's a reputable weekly magazine.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
The great thing about Hersh now is if you ever here anyone using him as a factual source, you get to lmao and ignore them after that disaster of an article he did where it's sooo obvious that it was written for him.

''Our national strategy is that Zelensky can do whatever he wants to do. There’s no adult supervision.''

''Zelensky has no plan, except to hang on. It’s as if he’s an orphan—a poor waif in his underwear—and we have no real idea of what Zelensky and his crowd are thinking. Ukraine is the most corrupt and dumbest government in the world, outside of Nigeria, and Biden’s support of Zelensky can only come from Zelensky’s knowledge of Biden, and not just because he was taking care of Biden’s son.''

There are some in the American intelligence community, the official said, who worry about Putin’s response to the recent Ukrainian drone attacks in central Moscow. “Will Kiev be next?”

Totally written by Hersh!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ili posted:

Actually the Ukrainians blew it up at our request, as a thank you for introducing them to rugby league.

the greatest game

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

TIL naval battles are just a 5-year old mashing action figures together.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

The great thing about Hersh now is if you ever here anyone using him as a factual source, you get to lmao and ignore them after that disaster of an article he did where it's sooo obvious that it was written for him.

''Our national strategy is that Zelensky can do whatever he wants to do. There’s no adult supervision.''

''Zelensky has no plan, except to hang on. It’s as if he’s an orphan—a poor waif in his underwear—and we have no real idea of what Zelensky and his crowd are thinking. Ukraine is the most corrupt and dumbest government in the world, outside of Nigeria, and Biden’s support of Zelensky can only come from Zelensky’s knowledge of Biden, and not just because he was taking care of Biden’s son.''

There are some in the American intelligence community, the official said, who worry about Putin’s response to the recent Ukrainian drone attacks in central Moscow. “Will Kiev be next?”

Totally written by Hersh!
The fun thing is that we now have two conflicting stories one blaming Ukraine and one US (or was that Norway lol) both without any conclusive evidence.

But that's fine, I hope Biden and Zelensky personally did the dives to plant the explosives while high-fiving each other underwater.

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Budzilla posted:

This is the video I based my comment on. The screenshot makes it the trees look weird, like a computer game that uses intersecting textures to create an illusion of filled out canopy. Video is also undated and has a weird uncanny valley vibe to it. As much as I like to lol at Russia and stan for Ukraine I wouldn't take anything away from that video.

What makes the pic and the video seem weird is the lighting. It's a noon sun almost directly behind the camera so everything, especially further, away looks flat.

e: also it's been compressed to poo poo.

Horrorosaurus fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 26, 2023

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

mobby_6kl posted:

The fun thing is that we now have two conflicting stories one blaming Ukraine and one US (or was that Norway lol) both without any conclusive evidence.

But that's fine, I hope Biden and Zelensky personally did the dives to plant the explosives while high-fiving each other underwater.

Last I saw, it was the fault of the Brits. When you're story has flipped four(?) times but you still keep on believing!

I'm not really sure why it's so hard to admit that no one has a clue about who blew it up but here we are.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:lmao:

My kids have watched this so much I can hear Bingo saying 'Heavy!' in my head

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

There's something unsettling and upsetting about the Bluey Official Channel being unavailable in Australia.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1695344305982804123#m
Sure man, keep shilling for Putin all you want, your day is done lmao

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1695407211692843030#m
It appears a newly made Ukrainian missile was responsible for the destruction of the S-400 battery in Crimea. I hope they can produce them in large numbers.

zone fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Aug 26, 2023

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

zone posted:

lmao @ still shilling for Russia in 2023

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Now there's a face that cannot be caricatured. Those poor Hungarian political cartoonists.

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
:perfect:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1695415274365723066#m
:(

Horrorosaurus
Oct 22, 2010

zone posted:

Especially keen on the way the blurred logo/whatever in the backdrop makes it look like he has a mullet

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

If Zelensky's an orphan he's certainly enchanted 31 Daddy Warbucks'.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Budzilla posted:

Good lord. Russia has tank museums and rich people with private tank collections. Tanks get moved to and from museums, to exhibitions, to whatever, and that's what it looks like when a tank reverses off a flatbed. Nobody needs to do a deep fake psyop to get footage of that happening.

Here's a Tiger II driving off a flatbed at Militracks 2018 in Overloon, Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl0TQ8XR4g4&t=55s

And then driving around a bunch more if you want to see what a tank looks like in motion.

E: now if anyone wants to see some REAL poo poo, here's a World War I era Mark IV tank I filmed at Tankfest 2017.

https://i.imgur.com/XSTZCsU.mp4

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 26, 2023

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

zone posted:

Jesus loving Christ.

:stonk:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Putin is a piece of poo poo :( The sooner he goes the way of Progozhin, the better.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

zone posted:

*Screams, unloads pistol clip into monitor.*

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I got to climb inside that tank when I visited the musem in 2008 (either this one or the Mark IV, my memory is hazy), but have never managed to go to a tank fest, and now will never get to see that one driving around (they retired all the WW1 tanks from driving around to protect them)

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

NTRabbit posted:

I got to climb inside that tank when I visited the musem in 2008 (either this one or the Mark IV, my memory is hazy), but have never managed to go to a tank fest, and now will never get to see that one driving around (they retired all the WW1 tanks from driving around to protect them)

Just imagine for a moment that you're a poor peasant farmer in 1914, still using oxen or horses to plow your fields, and you see one of these rumbling towards you.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I wonder when they start sending these beauties to the frontline

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Sekenr posted:

I wonder when they start sending these beauties to the frontline

When the wheels are the cope cages. :stare:

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
This tank has spokes.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Do you think they call those people up there spokespersons?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmao at this loving portrait.

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

E: now if anyone wants to see some REAL poo poo, here's a World War I era Mark IV tank I filmed at Tankfest 2017.

https://i.imgur.com/XSTZCsU.mp4

Oh hey, Tankfest 2017, I'm (possibly) somewhere in the crowd there! :buddy:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

lmao at this loving portrait.

Oh hey, Tankfest 2017, I'm (possibly) somewhere in the crowd there! :buddy:

I'm too lazy to Photoshop a Prig memorial into this photo

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe