Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BiggerBoat posted:

And now fielders can't do that.
Yeah, maybe they were actually smart because they knew once they started people would hate .230 league batting averages and outlaw it. So they could just use it when it was REALLY important, like against Ted Williams or Jason Giambi at the height of his roid powers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
AI knows how many stripes a flag has, but only knows it’s between 30 and 90 stars.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

As if he would even walk that far without a car or golf cart to carry him around. He's the laziest motherfucker and wants rallies that come to him instead of leading marches.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I see two women and a sea of white

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

disposablewords posted:

As if he would even walk that far without a car or golf cart to carry him around. He's the laziest motherfucker and wants rallies that come to him instead of leading marches.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-golf-cart-g7-sicily-2017-5

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Only 30 stars on those flags.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Found the original, for once the high jpeg compression does the original image favors.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
The way these people have taken to computer generated images of their idol is so incredibly pathetic tbh.

They want a strongman so badly, but the person they venerate sucks at making fascist strongman displays, so they escape into fantasy jpegs.

I'd pity them if they weren't so utterly loathsome.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

This needs pacman and alf

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Only 30 stars on those flags.
Most of his supporters would be fine with "Make America 1848 Again"

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

"Do you read Sutter Cane?"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
Biden is just going to steal the election anyway, don't vote.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
the gbs buttcoin thread was recently talking about mailing cash.

like you shouldnt do it, but you can do it. and if you do do it, maybe take out insurance, or just do a money order and other smarter things.

also theres drop boxes that have their own daily pickup (though regressive jobless NEETs are apparently now camping some of these spots and drive stalking election workers because of their brain worms)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

The number of people that would like to get their hands on $500 of my cash is much, much higher than the number that give a poo poo about my ballot or would potentially want to get a hold of it. I'm also pretty sure that most mail stolen is at the delivery end - people checking mailboxes and grabbing anything that looks interesting - not the shipment section. So immediately less at risk when delivered to a central receiving location like ballots.

Plenty of people get prescriptions and other valuables in the mail anyway.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

As someone who has worked elections this kind of stuff drives me crazy, because at least in Michigan

A) You can just check with the clerk to see if your ballot was received

B) You can't tell how a ballot was marked from the outside

C) The ballot itself is utterly worthless other than to be destroyed

If you wanted to falsify a vote then you would have to destroy that ballot then show up at that person's city clerk, fill out a voter application, and cast a new ballot in person. You could sign an affidavit without ID but those do get cross referenced with the people who are supposed to be voting. That's a huge amount of effort for one vote. But no, it's a cabal of postmen who are using x-ray vision to burn all the conservative mail in votes.

But because of this cabal that totally exists you guys the large elections are always frantic and short staffed because half the people who give a poo poo about the elections are too busy being "challengers" and breathing down the necks of actual poll workers who are doing the extremely tedious task of running a poll, because being mad is more fun than doing 12 hours of paperwork.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
hell even just the penmanship test is a big small skillgate/check imo.

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Ashcans posted:

The number of people that would like to get their hands on $500 of my cash is much, much higher than the number that give a poo poo about my ballot or would potentially want to get a hold of it. I'm also pretty sure that most mail stolen is at the delivery end - people checking mailboxes and grabbing anything that looks interesting - not the shipment section. So immediately less at risk when delivered to a central receiving location like ballots.

Plenty of people get prescriptions and other valuables in the mail anyway.

Hell, my sister used to work at a pharmacy that literally sent cocaine via USPS.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

As someone who has worked elections this kind of stuff drives me crazy, because at least in Michigan

A) You can just check with the clerk to see if your ballot was received

B) You can't tell how a ballot was marked from the outside

C) The ballot itself is utterly worthless other than to be destroyed

If you wanted to falsify a vote then you would have to destroy that ballot then show up at that person's city clerk, fill out a voter application, and cast a new ballot in person.
Well presumably they would steal your ballot from the mail, replace it with a forgery printed on bamboo paper and marked for Biden, then put it back in the mail rather than trying to impersonate you at a polling place, but yeah.

It's interesting that Republicans seem to be going all out on suppressing their own votes, which is what making voting harder does at the end of the day. Selectively telling their own voters not to use methods that make it easier for them to vote.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Either they win elections, or they were cheated out of their deserved victory and all need to edge each other a little more about how sick it would be to water the tree of liberty with the blood of Less Thans.

Repeat it enough and either Less Thans have to fight you, or you can just keep torturing and killing them while slowly wiping them out.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

VitalSigns posted:

Well presumably they would steal your ballot from the mail, replace it with a forgery printed on bamboo paper and marked for Biden, then put it back in the mail rather than trying to impersonate you at a polling place, but yeah.

It's interesting that Republicans seem to be going all out on suppressing their own votes, which is what making voting harder does at the end of the day. Selectively telling their own voters not to use methods that make it easier for them to vote.

Wasn't that mainly because stuff like mail-in ballots and other easier methods are more commonly adopted by those on the Blue team and further left than by those on the right?
If for every one of the people on Your Team utilizing an easier method, there were 10 on the Other Team utilizing that same method, from a cold robot logic standpoint, it'd make sense to outright disenfranchise that method altogether.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

the_steve posted:

Wasn't that mainly because stuff like mail-in ballots and other easier methods are more commonly adopted by those on the Blue team and further left than by those on the right?
If for every one of the people on Your Team utilizing an easier method, there were 10 on the Other Team utilizing that same method, from a cold robot logic standpoint, it'd make sense to outright disenfranchise that method altogether.

Yep, don't forget all the Republicans were constantly screaming at their base that mail in voting was evil and unsafe, so people that didn't have time to go to a poll just didn't vote instead of absentee since their leaders told them not to

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Oh yeah if they ban it for everybody that makes sense, I'm talking about memes trying to convince their own voters not to do it even if it's allowed.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Let me tell you about my obsession with a game called "Magic the Gathering" and how I obtain the game pieces....

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

VitalSigns posted:

And then wondering how they lost or how a bunch of ballots "magically appeared" for dems at the last minute when many states use Republican laws that prohibit counting them until election night.

Must be fraud.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

the_steve posted:

Yes and no. As I understand, historically absentee/mail-in ballots were right-slanted in a lot of places since they were most used by military, retirees, and people well off enough for multiple residences/frequent travel loved them, while early voting benefited the left more. Mail-in voting also benefits college students who trend left, but they tend not to vote regularly even when they still live at home.

Covid really changed things though since the whole right-wing pushback against covid restrictions meant people who wanted to avoid crowded polling sites trended hard left and people who wanted to exchange a friendly cough with an election worker trended right. And since everyone knew this well ahead, casting doubt on the mail-in vote became a core right-wing strategy.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Act 77 passed in the governmental chambers of Pennsylvania with huge minorities. Governor Wolf signed it, and it became the law of the Commonwealth.

This was Fall of 2019.

Act 77 legalized mail-in voting in Pennsylvania. Republicans supported it because they believed it would help old people cast their votes, which they believed would help them. lovely spineless Democrats traded away straight-ticket voting, because goshdarn it they wanted to make voting easier and not bother anybody.

Flash forward to a year later and the 2020 election.

Now, because Trump lost Pennsylvania, all the Republican politicos are immediately somehow against Act 77. They're on TV saying Act 77 is the most severe and pernicious communist infiltration of our precious voting systems. All these motherfuckers who LOOOOVED Act 77 suddenly hate it and say every mail in ballot is a vote for the devil.

After the election they enacted a huge, costly, multi-year battle in which they tried their goddamndest to invalidate the law they wrote, supported, and passed! And it didn't work! It just wasted lots of time and money. gently caress these people and the poo poo they're trying to do to our beloved United States.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost
You had something similar in Ohio with Issue 1. Special August elections are wasteful and distracting and pointless and confusing and should be banned.

Then Roe v. Wade gets overturned and the citizens of Ohio are unhappy, so they get a referendum together to have abortion rights enshrined in the Ohio Constitution, to be voted on in November.

Suddenly it is crucial that Republicans have an emergency election in August to change the rules for referenda so that instead of requiring signatures totaling 5% of 44 counties, you need 5% of all 88 counties (including places like Vinton county with 12,800; good luck finding 640 people in such a rural place); you don't get a 10-day cure period if you're a little short on signatures; and most galling, the threshold for success for a referendum goes from 50%+1 to 60%.

Then they have the absolute audacity to claim this mutilation of rights Ohioans have had since 1912 as "protecting" the constitution. As usual they play with language by saying things are the exact opposite of what they actually mean.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Act 77 passed in the governmental chambers of Pennsylvania with huge minorities. Governor Wolf signed it, and it became the law of the Commonwealth.

This was Fall of 2019.

Act 77 legalized mail-in voting in Pennsylvania. Republicans supported it because they believed it would help old people cast their votes, which they believed would help them. lovely spineless Democrats traded away straight-ticket voting, because goshdarn it they wanted to make voting easier and not bother anybody.

Flash forward to a year later and the 2020 election.

Now, because Trump lost Pennsylvania, all the Republican politicos are immediately somehow against Act 77. They're on TV saying Act 77 is the most severe and pernicious communist infiltration of our precious voting systems. All these motherfuckers who LOOOOVED Act 77 suddenly hate it and say every mail in ballot is a vote for the devil.

After the election they enacted a huge, costly, multi-year battle in which they tried their goddamndest to invalidate the law they wrote, supported, and passed! And it didn't work! It just wasted lots of time and money. gently caress these people and the poo poo they're trying to do to our beloved United States.

I can't stop reading this in Tim Robinson's voice.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This is from one of the dumbest people I know

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

What's the water pipe one about

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

What's the water pipe one about

The DEMONRATS knew they were going to lose so they created a fake story about a broken water pipe that would cause an evacuation so they could add a bunch of fake ballots

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

I wanna know if that's Tweety bird or Lisa Simpsons arm

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Upsidads posted:

I wanna know if that's Tweety bird or Lisa Simpsons arm

I was gonna say SpongeBob

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

the_steve posted:

I was gonna say SpongeBob

Yeah, it's from a Spongebob episode

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Devorum posted:

I can't stop reading this in Tim Robinson's voice.

I hope that's a good thing

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I hope that's a good thing

It's a funny thing. I think it's also a good thing.

This sketch, specifically.

https://youtu.be/n-Bfkc6lZok?si=pLmUlSfDDWdhfqS3

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
okay is SpongeBob's hand, but what kind of weird rear end button panel console is he pressing?

e: oh drat thats right. well thats why you should drink coffee before posting.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

He's flipping through file folders.