Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

i say swears online posted:

i think it's badass that the new blowback season is about the plot of chrono cross but it may just be too niche for most people

Yeah, it's a bit of a swerve, but I think Chrono Cross is actually more relevant to the themes of their previous seasons than one might think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Ive listened to half the seaaon so far and I just find it all so crushingly sad hearing how the US crushed any hope for the future.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
If you buy the season, does it come with the soundtrack? The song from the trailer owns

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

tatankatonk posted:

If you buy the season, does it come with the soundtrack? The song from the trailer owns

Yesh they said they sound track will be dropping in late September, the 26th I think

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

KomradeX posted:

Ive listened to half the seaaon so far and I just find it all so crushingly sad hearing how the US crushed any hope for the future.

You must be new here, welcome to cspam. :P

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, it's a bit of a swerve, but I think Chrono Cross is actually more relevant to the themes of their previous seasons than one might think.

At first I thought it was weird that they got Jon Benjamin to voice Serge, but now that I hear it? Perfect casting.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

They had him voice Saddam before too. Maybe they are friends.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

At first I thought it was weird that they got Jon Benjamin to voice Poshul, but now that I hear it? Perfect casting.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trey parker was also saddam, hmm

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

Is not anything new to me but it just makes me sad this time instead of furious

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo

je1 healthcare posted:

I mean there's a pretty obvious market reason for that, the occupations that allow you to listen to talk radio while working because they don't require concentration are disproportionately occupied by conservatives, which results in right-wing pundits dominating that segment.

I call them CHUDcasts tbh

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

some jolly fellow named lawson, i'd never heard of him elsewhere outside the pod. i really liked alex and jeremy, less so katie, so try to keep up with their other works. i like generation loss

quorators is a decent show

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

trey parker was also saddam, hmm

Heyyyy SATAN!

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Breadallelogram posted:

They had him voice Saddam before too. Maybe they are friends.

hakim asked them about it and brendan said they just happened to be at the same party and he was introduced by sam seder. he's also chapo fan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtWuEdjPs5Q&t=188s

also they're on again on a new ep:

https://twitter.com/TheDeprogramPod/status/1695091831472623651?s=20

crepeface has issued a correction as of 10:27 on Aug 26, 2023

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Blowback Blowback Blowback Blowback Blowback Blowback Blowback Blowback

:dance:

tokin opposition posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

quorators is a decent show

I gave it like a dozen episodes but haven't listened in a couple months. they're pretty starved for material

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Lemonparty and Hate Watch are still consistently funny imo although I almost threw my phone when the former bad mouthed the film “Rocket Man.” That movie was a masterpiece.:argh:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Majorian posted:

Lemonparty and Hate Watch are still consistently funny imo although I almost threw my phone when the former bad mouthed the film “Rocket Man.” That movie was a masterpiece.:argh:

latest lemonparty eps had me dying irl

been meaning to check out hate watch but haven't got around to it yet

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ngl, it's kind of tough to keep track of all these Afghan names in the new Blowback. Still great as usual, though.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
apparently I got blowback 4 for free because I had already bought s3?? hell yeah, sick. thx Brendan

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I listened to the main ten eps of Blowback 4 all in a row. Definitely great, though I still think s1 was the most entertaining of the bunch.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Xaris posted:

apparently I got blowback 4 for free because I had already bought s3?? hell yeah, sick. thx Brendan

check your credit card I got charged about a month ago.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

ClassActionFursuit posted:

I listened to the main ten eps of Blowback 4 all in a row. Definitely great, though I still think s1 was the most entertaining of the bunch.

Season was great. I just finished the main ten as well.

And I agree, season 1 still the most entertaining. Mainly cause I think they weren't as rigid following a script and could riff more, being able to just add more on the fly. Plus, Iraq war is just such a massive cluster gently caress that people are so more familiar with and so many of the ghouls are still around and more known.

Digital Jedi has issued a correction as of 03:38 on Aug 27, 2023

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

crepeface posted:

check your credit card I got charged about a month ago.
oh. lmfao well i was gunna buy it anyways

gently caress noah then

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
yeah i forgot that i bought s3 and gave them my card until i saw a charge. but then i figure it's worth it.

Xaris posted:

thx Brendan

Xaris posted:

gently caress noah then

lol

Trauts
May 1, 2010
Yeah the first episode of S4 Blowback was really good. Now just f5ing kingdex lol.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
same desu.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I got them from a goon feed so if they're not permaed yet maybe they'll post about it again

Anyway it's good but I'm sad because IBCK hasn't updated for two weeks and I fear it may be dying

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
the latest chapo had a rant at the end which basically is the "why politics goons are the most annoying mf'ers explainer" goons perpetually flipping about about america turning nazi

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

only a few minutes in, this season of blowback is already sickening, angering, and devastating

cannot believe that Brave Mujahideen is fake

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Homeless Friend posted:

the latest chapo had a rant at the end which basically is the "why politics goons are the most annoying mf'ers explainer" goons perpetually flipping about about america turning nazi

wow, we've finally arrived

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I kind of like the Chapo live episodes. The Montreal one repeated a most of material from the Toronto one but its saved by Matt doing several angry rants where he demands someone kill themselves "but I must stress this, in Minecraft".

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Homeless Friend posted:

who cares? loving grey star rear end scold-cop

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jackbooted thugs in a rascal scooters

Trauts
May 1, 2010
Blowback S4 + the bonuses are up on kingdex, under the blowback season 3 feed for those looking. Many thanks to whoever maintains this

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Digital Jedi posted:

Season was great. I just finished the main ten as well.

And I agree, season 1 still the most entertaining. Mainly cause I think they weren't as rigid following a script and could riff more, being able to just add more on the fly. Plus, Iraq war is just such a massive cluster gently caress that people are so more familiar with and so many of the ghouls are still around and more known.

That, plus we have more media on the ghouls themselves. Of course this season and Iraq benefit from the US getting their rear end handed to them whereas the other two are a lot more sad. Still, it's well-produced, excellently sourced, entertaining as hell, and simply wonderful to have a clear, detailed narrative all in one place.

Also I really love Noah Kulwin's voice, he's one of my favorite podcasters to just listen to whatever the topic.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Gorn Myson posted:

I kind of like the Chapo live episodes. The Montreal one repeated a most of material from the Toronto one but its saved by Matt doing several angry rants where he demands someone kill themselves "but I must stress this, in Minecraft".

Canada has cool laws like not having free speech; you can be arrested for "causing a disturbance" by swearing in public or not adding the Minecraft stipulation

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Gorn Myson posted:

I was there, Matt was incredibly drunk by the end.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Is kingdex meant to be used with torrent clients or is it meant to be used like an RSS feed? I tried popping some of the links into my podcast client but couldn't get it to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Orb Crabmelt posted:

Is kingdex meant to be used with torrent clients or is it meant to be used like an RSS feed? I tried popping some of the links into my podcast client but couldn't get it to work.

Yeah it's basically an RSS feed your torrenting client uses to download episodes.