Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Spice8Rack swings in with a video covering the ENTIRE STORY of Magic: The Gathering in 80 minutes, which is pretty short considering there's like 30 years of the poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcNWXRpUM-E&hd=1

I'm a half hour in and my mind has expanded tenfold. also I learned Jace the Mind Sculptor used his psychic powers to make his opponent forget how to breathe which is an exceptionally metal way to kill somebody, even if Jace otherwise sucks a whole lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

bravesword posted:

Lindsay Ellis has a Jurassic Park retrospective on Nebula.

why did she quit making videos for youtube but still making videos for nebula?

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

Mr Interweb posted:

IDK if she's said publically anything about why but it seems clear that nebula's pay-to-watch structure and lack of comments section drastically drastically drastically reduces the amount of bullshit and harassment she gets exposed to

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
She also has brought up publicly that fighting the algorithm was pretty stressful too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Mr Interweb posted:

Probably because making money is good and youtube sucks.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

If a Youtuber has the clout to not post on Youtube and still get paid I think 100% of them would take that.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
What's worth watching on Nebula? I just got a subscription.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I subscribed in June and was overall pretty disappointed. There was not a lot of actual exclusive content that I had interest in. Most of the creators I watch outside Nebula seemed to only release videos earlier there - which is certainly an advantage, but did nothing for me having anything available there to watch when I joined, when most of them release like 5-6 times a year at most.

Ended up basically just watching Lindsey's stuff and a couple of early releases before youtube, and cancelled my subscription.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Hiro Protagonist posted:

What's worth watching on Nebula? I just got a subscription.

Jacob Geller seems to have a lot of additional content on there.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mr Interweb posted:

It might be more like a hobby or supplemental income there vs being a career that required an endless public presence on social media.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Sardonik posted:

Seconded on Jacob Geller’s additional content.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

big joel has a fair amount of nebula-exclusive videos too

also for some creators like sarah z, the nebula versions of their videos have more licensed/copyrighted footage that they had to remove from the youtube versions

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Sardonik posted:

Grassy Knowles posted:

Seconded on Jacob Geller’s additional content.
The thing that truly got me to pull the trigger was getting access to bonus and ad-free episodes of Something Rotten, the podcast he does with Blake Hester.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbeH3X1Wxbc
F.D. Signifier is also on Nebula (no exclusive content, maybe less copyright-bot avoidance?) but on his B-Sides channel he talked about the recent documentary "BS High" which is well worth a watch... if you can stomach it, 'cause it's loving infuriating seeing that charlatan loving over a bunch of teenagers.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grassy Knowles posted:

I don’t think ANYONE is trying to remember that at this point.

To be fair, Dexter: New Blood was actually good and has a season-long undertone of "We know. We're sorry about the last season too".

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Neddy Seagoon posted:

To be fair, Dexter: New Blood was actually good and has a season-long undertone of "We know. We're sorry about the last season too".

Dexter New Blood could’ve been word for word You’re In The Picture episode 2 and I’d still be questioning whether I’d watch it. a regretful undertone is enough for me to read a wikipedia article about the series though so it’s as good as a marvel movie.

E:

”wikipedia” posted:

Phillips claimed that "The ending of this one will be stunning, shocking, surprising, unexpected. And without jinxing anything, I will say that the ending of this new season that we're doing will blow up the internet."

I don’t remember the internet blowing up, what happened?

Grassy Knowles fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 28, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Was that from the godawful period where every media company seemed obsessed with "breaking the internet" aka trending briefly on Twitter because of that one magazine cover no-one even remembers any more?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

njsykora posted:

Was that from the godawful period where every media company seemed obsessed with "breaking the internet" aka trending briefly on Twitter because of that one magazine cover no-one even remembers any more?

I don’t think anyone remembered magazines at all by 2022 but I’m really not sure what youre referring to there lol so maybe

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

You mean when time magazine chose "you" as the man of the year?

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Pretty sure the British version of the IT crowd made the joke in the late-2000s.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You mean when time magazine chose "you" as the man of the year?

The National Geographic that asked if evolution was real on the cover and then had a second cover inside saying that evolution was real?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Grassy Knowles posted:

Dexter New Blood could’ve been word for word You’re In The Picture episode 2 and I’d still be questioning whether I’d watch it. a regretful undertone is enough for me to read a wikipedia article about the series though so it’s as good as a marvel movie.

E:

I don’t remember the internet blowing up, what happened?

Dexter got shot by his own son. Rip

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

That was probably to rule out any more sequels, but they did blatantly try with spin-offs.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

It was when some magazine did a revealing photoshoot/cover of Kim Kardashian with that title "Break the Internet"
This was at the height of their reality show and stuff iirc, and post all her "enhancement" surgeries.

This was in 2014, and that lines up with other media trying to get their own thing in the bigger news for a while afterwards.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

which is why disney titled ralph 2 "Ralph Breaks The Internet" instead of "Ralph Wrecks the Internet" which is another all-time blunder

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the Drawfee crew Smashes and/or Passes on Digimon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UHZ92ZCW30&hd=1

yanno, I knew of Angewoman and LadyDevimon, but I guess I just never paid attention to Digimon past the first series and how horny some of them get like Beelstarmon or Meicrackmon or Kazemon

I also didn't expect a digimon with specifically a crotch bulge.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg-8m2JhY_I

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Captain Invictus posted:

yanno, I knew of Angewoman and LadyDevimon, but I guess I just never paid attention to Digimon past the first series and how horny some of them get like Beelstarmon or Meicrackmon or Kazemon

There is also the madness that is Cho-Hakkaimon, but they covered her in their drawing videos already.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Captain Invictus posted:

Nothing will ever top Soulmon's appearance in their videos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

That's kind of the weird secret of Digimon, it's always been right from the start relentlessly horny and fetishized. There's tons of Digimon with giant boobs and BDSM body suits with belts and zippers or beasts with rippling suspicious-human-shaped pecs and abs and biceps, and giant bulging crotches, and more. I wager the shows and their related media tie-ins just absolutely t-boned an unsmall number of Millennials' developing sexual identities, probably even worse than anime normally does.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

once again forced to mention Political Correctness-mon

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2021-08-04/digimon-tamers-20th-anniversary-stage-show-features-cancel-culture-villain/.175872 posted:

In the play, the Tamers are reunited to fight against a new villain, which takes the form of "Political Correctness," that threatens the real and digital worlds. Chief officer Yamaki dramatically describes it as "the greatest problem facing the internet and media" because it forces people to "conform to a single values system" and "censors real news to replace them with fake news." Although the Tamers are initially nonplussed by Yamaki's breathless call to action, they are shaken when "Political Correctness" takes on a physical form and launches into attack.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Wait that was actually real and not a Robot Chicken sketch?

Edit: Oh, Chiaki Konaka wrote it. That explains everything.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
lol

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Captain Invictus posted:

Beelstarmon's basically Bayonetta the Digimon. Wow.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Pretty sure the context of that was him being a bit of a crank but then later realizing he was overreacting, but by the time he did it was too late to change anything so it was just kind of a mess that he apologized for

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whqs8v1svyo

New Map Men dropped.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
do I like me some She-Ra video essay? hell yeah I do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfVq2k6wZtw

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010
While it is a week old, this is a good but long video about the Linus Tech Tips/Game Nexus situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9uVSKLYUI

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Supeerme posted:

While it is a week old, this is a good but long video about the Linus Tech Tips/Game Nexus situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez9uVSKLYUI
It's gotten absolutely torn apart in the tech idiots thread, so I'm not so sure about that.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

It's gotten absolutely torn apart in the tech idiots thread, so I'm not so sure about that.

Could you elaborate please? I haven't watched yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Annointed posted:

Could you elaborate please? I haven't watched yet.
Here's the first post in the thread.

EDIT: SpiritOfLenin helpfully pointed out that I linked the wrong thing, so now it's linking the right thing.

BlankSystemDaemon fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Aug 30, 2023