Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the real reason they replaced locarno with paris is that locarno was italian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

It’s anti-Italian discrimination

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Jean luc picard

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

Then explain Commander Chaccote.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Aww jeez, that's a spicy meatball...

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Does Anson wear a wig or does his hair just do that?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

You know what this is?

FlamingLiberal posted:

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

LookieLoo posted:

Does Anson wear a wig or does his hair just do that?

Product and blow drying and long fringe and you too can have an anson mount quiff

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Lord Hydronium posted:

He's a Frenchman who's really into tea, Shakespeare, Dickens, and the Royal Navy. You know, those famous French things.

Eh, I've never really cared for or agreed with this criticism. Trauma isn't a thing you get over and done with, even in Star Trek. O'Brien takes years to even start to process his trauma over the Cardassian War, and he's still dealing with it in DS9. Picard worked out some issues with Hugh, but that was one Borg in controlled circumstances, and the Borg invading the Federation, taking over his ship, and killing most of his crew seems like exactly the sort of thing that would dredge a lot of stuff up. If anything, making peace with Hugh and not using him to kill the Borg before all that happens would probably bring about its own extra guilt and trauma.

That makes sense. Narratively unsatisfying, but it is totally plausible to slip into old patterns under stress.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Mrs. Dash posted:

Product and blow drying and long fringe and you too can have an anson mount quiff

I just got my new assignment from Starfleet. It says I’ve been assigned to the Enterprise as a “hair yeoman”. Any idea what that is?

Mrs. Dash
Apr 11, 2009

Fornax Disaster posted:

I just got my new assignment from Starfleet. It says I’ve been assigned to the Enterprise as a “hair yeoman”. Any idea what that is?

You're going to wear a red shirt and you're going to die from hair spray reactor meltdown while a hair commander bangs on the other side of a transparent door

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Mrs. Dash posted:

👴😢

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

davidspackage posted:

9) finds out he's actually Italian

The worst thing that's ever happened to Picard.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

davidspackage posted:

9) finds out he's actually Italian

"Eyyyy, Jon Lucca, why can't you meet nice girl? Always out with the Romulan. Your mama would no like."

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
you know jean luc never had the makings of a varsity athlete

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

This Q mook breakin my balls again

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hey! I'm Q'in over heah!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

*turns to camera with serious face* Garak. If the actor was playing that he's gay, what do we make of him putting his hand on the Cardassian orphan boy and saying how handsome he is. He may have deserved that bite.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
turn back away from the camera, and also never speak again.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Yeah, let's not go there, even as a joke.

Continuing through season 2 of DS9, I could've skipped Second Sight (Sisko falls in love with a disappearing mystery woman). Brooks plays it well and it's nice how encouraging Jake is, but it doesn't pull together. Feels more like a TNG episode.

Sanctuary, with the crusty aliens, I skipped deliberately this time.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

DS9 hot take: Season 7 was surprisingly disappointing. The Dominion War stuff was good, but that was not as prominent as I remembered.

I like Ezri, but they dedicated a lot of time to expanding this new character and I felt it took away from everything else.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

redshirt posted:

DS9 hot take: Season 7 was surprisingly disappointing. The Dominion War stuff was good, but that was not as prominent as I remembered.

I like Ezri, but they dedicated a lot of time to expanding this new character and I felt it took away from everything else.

Season 7 suffered from them expecting to get season 8 but the studio changed plans and said 7 was it. So plots get smashed together to finish them.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Trast posted:

Season 7 suffered from them expecting to get season 8 but the studio changed plans and said 7 was it. So plots get smashed together to finish them.

This isn't true. Everyone knew at end of 6 that 7 was going to be the last. They just had too much story to tell, which is why the final 10-episode arc feels so compressed at points.

Season 7 was the season that was up in the air because the ratings were so abysmal.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

This feels racist somehow.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

lol hell yeah Brother! Cheers from Qo'noS!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I gave him the Jason Alexander vagina forehead

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

I know what I must do but I do not possess the artistic talent to do it

e: gently caress it

redgubbinz fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 28, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm very disappointed that no one put Dickbutt

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

FlamingLiberal posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

Quick n dirty

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Love u Trip, hell yeah that you taught Charlie to read.

It was super nice to see Andreas Katsulas :kimchi:

Sounds like they literally killed them imho. I don't buy the suicide thing

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 28, 2023

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Of course Bashir is a foot man

The sicko

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Of course Bashir is a foot man

The sicko

Bashir is an HR nightmare.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sub Rosa trip report:

Groundskeeper Willie just showed up to yell at Beverly and now she's chatting with Picard about her dead grandmother's sex life with hot young guys.

e: and there's the ghost sex candle

e2: I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter in my grandmother's journal

Lord Hydronium fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 29, 2023

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I really feel bad for Gates McFadden, this is some ridiculous poo poo they were making her do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a great episode and the world is improved by its existence.