Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

anyone else get a cavalry on the western front kind of vibe?

editsnipe: charge of the shite brigade

Fumble fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 27, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1695874457254965279#m
Panic status? :troll:

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Good thread outlining possible next steps for Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/emilkastehelmi/status/1695879651158052910?s=20

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Fumble posted:

anyone else get a cavalry on the western front kind of vibe?

editsnipe: charge of the shite brigade

Charge of the bylat brigade

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

beer_war posted:

Good thread outlining possible next steps for Ukraine.

https://twitter.com/emilkastehelmi/status/1695879651158052910?s=20

The thread is not readable without a Twitter account.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Deteriorata posted:

The thread is not readable without a Twitter account.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1695879651158052910.html
Here's a threadreader link

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Yeah can we just get a timg of the whole thread on pieces. Sure it's extra effort but I don't have a Twitter account.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thank you. It is a good thread to read.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Yeah can we just get a timg of the whole thread on pieces. Sure it's extra effort but I don't have a Twitter account.

Zone's reader link did it for me.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Most threads eventually get a threadreader link, so if linking threads, look for a threadreader link in the replies and post it too so others can read it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Ah, well, nevertheless...

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

100% successful test of the stealth systems

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

I think I grabbed and hurled a bunch of these at cows when I was playing The Incredible Hulk Ultimate Destruction

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://t.me/lachentyt/33685

quote:

The US plans to supply Ukraine with cluster munitions for rocket artillery, — The Washington Post.
Evil Amerikkka is going to supply more weapons to Ukraine. Why are they keeping the war going like this?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

RoyKeen posted:

What's that bit of white smoke that pops up at 1:29 or so? It seems to pop out of the ground.

Might be an off-route mine going off or something.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

Tank might've popped smoke

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

https://t.me/lachentyt/33685

Evil Amerikkka is going to supply more weapons to Ukraine. Why are they keeping the war going like this?

Are we talking ATAMCS finally after running out of excuses a year and a half in?

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:lol:

So they don't actually exist do they?

rowkey bilbao
Jul 24, 2023
The real armata was the toilets we stole along the way

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Are we talking ATAMCS finally after running out of excuses a year and a half in?

Not ATACMS, but M26 cluster rockets for the HIMARS.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

T-14 Nomata

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: @T-14 Armata

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

And he is losing.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

rowkey bilbao posted:

The real armata was the toilets we stole along the way

I did laugh at how the Wikipedia article for the T-14 helpfully adds that the tank has its own toilet for the use of the crew.

It makes sense, you want to protect the crew by reducing the need for them to leave, but it just solidified my impression of Russian soldiers as having an obsession with toilets.

Edit: Wikipedia's source, Russia is installing toilets in the wildly expensive NATO killer T-14 supertanks it can't afford

William Bear fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Aug 27, 2023

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Sitting here :hmbol:ing that the Mighty Masculine Russian Military's most modern and effective thing they can field is a drone from Iran

Just lmao

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

William Bear posted:

I did laugh at how the Wikipedia article for the T-14 helpfully adds that the tank has its own toilet for the use of the crew.

yah

it's called the T-14 Armata

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

William Bear posted:

It makes sense, you want to protect the crew by reducing the need for them to leave, but it just solidified my impression of Russian soldiers as having an obsession with toilets.

Well then are we sure they've been withdrawn and that's not just the cover story after the Russian army looted them all?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1695885282149564478
If general Copegeddon turns up dead, that would probably put an even bigger dent in morale than Pig Boss being taken out.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

William Bear posted:

Edit: Wikipedia's source, Russia is installing toilets in the wildly expensive NATO killer T-14 supertanks it can't afford

Doesn't the crew of three all sit next to each other? I suppose I need to google what the toilet is like on the Armata.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
12... 13... 14 toilets.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

TulliusCicero posted:

:lol:

So they don't actually exist do they?

Oh, they exist as in there are tank shaped objects to take photographs of and they can move around. How they actually perform is a giant question mark.

But if they're withdrawing (or simply never actually sending) them from this war -a war they've re-activated T-55's for- it is not a great sign for the T-14 no matter how you look at it.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Warbadger posted:

Oh, they exist as in there are tank shaped objects to take photographs of and they can move around. How they actually perform is a giant question mark.

But if they're withdrawing (or simply never actually sending) them from this war -a war they've re-activated T-55's for- it is not a great sign for the T-14 no matter how you look at it.

Vatnik tankers went on record to say they'd sooner be stuffed into T-62s rather than risk their lives in Armatas, which they dubbed deathtraps.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Toilet-14 Armierda

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

T-01137 Arcaca

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Russia decided Armata was too good, and it wouldn't be sporting to use it against inferior Ukrainian gear. It's another in a string of good faith gestures.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

Russia decided Armata was too good, and it wouldn't be sporting to use it against inferior Ukrainian gear. It's another in a string of good faith gestures.

Much like the "superior" Russian Navy. Too awesome to take out of port at this point.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

RoyKeen posted:

Doesn't the crew of three all sit next to each other? I suppose I need to google what the toilet is like on the Armata.
We're talking about the Russian military. It's coprophagia all the way down.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Russian tanks aren’t known for being well ventilated (until the turret gets tossed) and I can’t imagine their MREs sit well in a persons digestive system. Boris probably blows the poo poo out of that toilet on a regular basis. When you flush does the turd go out the spent shell extractor?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

When they build an Armata they write "For Putin!" on the barrel. It's also written on the toilet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I too, scream "For Putin!" on the toilet.