Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

BigPaddy posted:

D name poster alert.

Represent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dukes Mayo Clinic
Aug 31, 2009

BigPaddy posted:

D name poster alert.

there are dozens of us! Dozens!

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Dukes Mayo Clinic posted:

there are dozens of us! Dozens!

:honk:

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Hello I’m new here

It seemed like a good time to introduce myself

Dirac Fourier fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Aug 19, 2023

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dirac Fourier posted:

Hello I’m new here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bqSgvEZNtY

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Join 4 Goose

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

BigPaddy posted:

Join 4 Goose

:honk:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

BigPaddy posted:

Join 4 Goose

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

BigPaddy posted:

Join 4 Goose

:lmao:

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
was running c5 sites solo for the first time today and after about a minute or so of fighting the drifter i start hearing alarms going off, turns out it was my cap going low. in a moment of clarity i realized i didnt switch back into my marauder clone after finishing rolling the holes. i popped all the drugs i had in my cargohold and a daily booster and managed to hold on until he warped off, but goddamn was that scary lmao

always check your clones before undocking:science:

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

grumplestiltzkin posted:

was running c5 sites solo for the first time today and after about a minute or so of fighting the drifter i start hearing alarms going off, turns out it was my cap going low. in a moment of clarity i realized i didnt switch back into my marauder clone after finishing rolling the holes. i popped all the drugs i had in my cargohold and a daily booster and managed to hold on until he warped off, but goddamn was that scary lmao

Insurance, too!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I’ve done this but fortunately noticed the extra damage I was taking from the waves prior to spawning the doriftu

C5 krabbing is great but you can lose billions with the smallest fuckup or just bad luck

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
The first time I did something similar in the abyss I didn't put 2 and 2 together until the 2nd filament and just thought I must be flying a bit lazily letting the rats apply... oh, wait, missing pod

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
I live alone in a C4 with C3/C2 statics. I usually take a Praxis into the C3 to rat, but it’s painfully slow. I’m thinking about taking a marauder. I don’t have a lot of time to play, so when there are a half dozen anoms available, I just want to knock them out in under an hour and call it a night.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

If you are doing C3 sites I would use a Tengu. Marauders are but pricy to risk in C3 sites. Having a group to run C5 sites in Marauders is the sweet spot for WH money before C6 sites in caps.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

BigPaddy posted:

If you are doing C3 sites I would use a Tengu. Marauders are but pricy to risk in C3 sites. Having a group to run C5 sites in Marauders is the sweet spot for WH money before C6 sites in caps.

kiki fleets in c5 wolf rayettes are fun as poo poo have have a much lower barrier for entry. tbh the "having people to shoot the poo poo with" part is what makes it good, ratting is boring af otherwise

great $ tho, and after this mornings session my vargur has just about paid for itself :homebrew:

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

BigPaddy posted:

I have perfect Tengu skills on another character. Is it much better than flying a Praxis though? I want to make like 400 mil ISK in an hour. Since I live in a C4, I could also use a marauder there. There are currently like 20 anoms in my C4 and I'm not able to run them with the ships I have in there at this time.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

If you are risking a marauder you might as well do C5 sites and make more than 400m/h since the fits are not going to be that much cheaper to do C4s.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

grumplestiltzkin posted:

kiki fleets in c5 wolf rayettes are fun as poo poo have have a much lower barrier for entry. tbh the "having people to shoot the poo poo with" part is what makes it good, ratting is boring af otherwise

great $ tho, and after this mornings session my vargur has just about paid for itself :homebrew:

kiki wolfhats is the ideal wormhole krabbing experience imho

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

Dirac Fourier posted:

I have perfect Tengu skills on another character. Is it much better than flying a Praxis though? I want to make like 400 mil ISK in an hour. Since I live in a C4, I could also use a marauder there. There are currently like 20 anoms in my C4 and I'm not able to run them with the ships I have in there at this time.

C3 tengu will be a little less than half that per hour in a good hole. I know some c4 corps who blast through c4 sites in marauders and they do tend to be sleepier than c5s, but the c5 income still dwarfs it.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Yeah, I wish there was more PVE content that could be usefully done cooperatively. I've done some abysses in frigates with a couple buddies, and yeah you could triple box that for ~maximum efficiency~, but I just don't wanna do that alone.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

hailthefish posted:

kiki wolfhats is the ideal wormhole krabbing experience imho

especially when I get to bring out the SHOE to make the Math Teacher ignore the kikis

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Dirac Fourier posted:

I live alone in a C4 with C3/C2 statics. I usually take a Praxis into the C3 to rat, but it’s painfully slow. I’m thinking about taking a marauder. I don’t have a lot of time to play, so when there are a half dozen anoms available, I just want to knock them out in under an hour and call it a night.

The good thing about using a marauder in anything below a c5 is that its basically a cake walk as long as you sorta know what you’re doing. Until you, uuh, get stabbed.

Tengu is more cost efficient, but a paladin or vargur is basically (irl) skilless.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
I got killed by an expensive ship

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Elukka posted:

I got killed by an expensive ship

At least you didn't get killed by a cheap ship. Gotta die by quality.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021

Dirac Fourier posted:

Hello I’m new here

Hello Moto.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I did this while blazing last year. RIP Papa Nergal 2.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
It’s depressing to know that the Jove gates aren’t actually going to lead to anything. If they did, ccp wouldn’t be able to shut up about all the new stuff they’d developed

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Just going to be static gates into a new drifter hole or something.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Put an NPC region with gates to all of drone space or new NPC constellations into drone space. Make PanFam actually work for their ticks

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Don’t threaten me with a good time. Having NPC access into Drone Space :bisonyes:

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind

WilWheaton posted:

It’s depressing to know that the Jove gates aren’t actually going to lead to anything. If they did, ccp wouldn’t be able to shut up about all the new stuff they’d developed
I wouldn't assume they'd do gates of all things if they don't intend them to lead anywhere. This video pretty clearly indicates the next step is unlocking the gates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv99M8cffCM&t=109s

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

WilWheaton posted:

I'm not so sure. When Pochven was found, CCP only put out some DON'T BE IN THE AFFECTED SYSTEMS IF YOU'RE NOT 100% SURE YOU WANT TO warnings and turned them all into NullSec and re-ordered the star gates to point at each other, effectively creating a new little sector, blindsiding everyone.

They easily can do something sneaky again.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Imagine an NPC region with gates to Pidgeon Falls, The Kakalaka Expense, Vale and Venal

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Inhabited by a species intelligent bipedal bird people that you can only get to when you jump drive has a random failure. We could call it Far Country.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

BigPaddy posted:

Inhabited by a species intelligent bipedal bird people that you can only get to when you jump drive has a random failure. We could call it Far Country.

:sbahj::sbahj::sbahj:

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
I thought the elusif man had more integrity than this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gripebomb
Dec 13, 2006

I wanted to fight the world.

- Eddie Kingston

WilWheaton posted:

We're all hosed now.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

WilWheaton posted:

Would you be interested in artisanal small batch organic isk? Cheaper than buying it from CCP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endie
Feb 7, 2007

Jings
In a world where so much changes and tradition counts for so little, it’s lovely to see Élusif selling roses to a new generation of Eve players. Bravo Goosefleet.