Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I'm just miffed that the salty bitch on reddit targeted the director who's running for CSM to try to tank his chances

This game's revenue stream is like 90% bots though so chances are CCP won't give a poo poo about any of this anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
why do faxes have a build cost of 6b? I'm already selling carriers and dreads at a loss but I will never sell the faxes I've built

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Can some geese explain this skynet stuff? It looks lovely.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

floppyspud posted:

Can some geese explain this skynet stuff? It looks lovely.

Elusif came up with an intel tool. Said it was using ESI/API/Log stuff similar to tools that track wormholes. It was not and he left the repo to it public and someone went snooping and decided to use it to poo poo on D’Ceet’s CSM run. Elusif’s legend continues.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

BigPaddy posted:

Elusif came up with an intel tool. Said it was using ESI/API/Log stuff similar to tools that track wormholes. It was not and he left the repo to it public and someone went snooping and decided to use it to poo poo on D’Ceet’s CSM run. Elusif’s legend continues.

But they are using scripts, the post has evidence of that. Why is this ok? Why would you guys ruin such a good run? So much complaining about bots has happened in this thread.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
so what poo poo';s boring who cares

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

floppyspud posted:

But they are using scripts, the post has evidence of that. Why is this ok? Why would you guys ruin such a good run? So much complaining about bots has happened in this thread.

It's not. We didn't. We learned about this and :commissar: the person responsible.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

loving lmao way to go

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

floppyspud posted:

To be completely clear several of us spent dozens to hundreds of hours helping him with SDE/ESI and Log parsing code which would have allowed everything he was doing anyway. It was apparently not good enough but the effort was enough to cause us not to question him further.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

windex posted:

To be completely clear several of us spent dozens to hundreds of hours helping him with SDE/ESI and Log parsing code which would have allowed everything he was doing anyway. It was apparently not good enough but the effort was enough to cause us not to question him further.

See the first mistake is to trust Elusif to not write a bot to do naughty things because that's what he does. The second mistake is to trust Elusif.

But seriously nobody double checked the codebase to see what the hell Elusif was actually merging and whether all that hard work you were doing was actually implemented? The repo was public lol :cmon:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Aug 28, 2023

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

orange juche posted:

Would you be interested in artisanal small batch organic isk? Cheaper than buying it from CCP!

I only buy moas made with locally sourced isogen

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

orange juche posted:

See the first mistake is to trust Elusif to not write a bot to do naughty things because that's what he does. The second mistake is to trust Elusif.

This is what I found hilarious about all of this

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I’d like to see ol Elusif wriggle his way out of this jam

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Ah, nevertheless

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

orange juche posted:

But seriously nobody double checked the codebase to see what the hell Elusif was actually merging and whether all that hard work you were doing was actually implemented? The repo was public lol :cmon:

I have a bunch of node.js code that parses SDE and market data over ESI to determine how to best manufacture (e.g. how many layers deep to build) and undercut prices on high volume items on the market in various regions for the most isk. That's totally legit BUT it's under a severe lock and key because nobody else will put in that effort and eve isk per hour is awful. It doesn't use data outside of SDE/ESI or interact with the eve client it just generates a report of which orders I need to modify and what looks good to put into build weighted over the past several days. Innocent AF, but I keep that code hidden, and lmao, yes this was in a public repro.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

corgski posted:

It's not. We didn't. We learned about this and :commissar: the person responsible.

So skynet is gone? Phew, I was starting to think you guys had gone rogue!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Someone write up a skynet gaining self awareness post

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
funny thing is lots of us still died because we're terrible at eve:shobon:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Even with Elusif running a bot people still died lol

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

orange juche posted:

Even with Elusif running a bot people still died lol

:honk:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Solus posted:

Ah, nevertheless

lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

i hate goosefleet's dipshit allies and i am making a splinter corp just to kill them

all geese are safe except for lucifer because he sucks

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Lol, you guys let elusif in :downsbravo:

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Wibla posted:

Lol, you guys let elusif in :downsbravo:

Im actually quite impressed by his ability to do the same poo poo over and over again, and still getting people to like him. Dude must have some serious charisma.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

Inhabited by a species intelligent bipedal bird people that you can only get to when you jump drive has a random failure. We could call it Far Country.

squawk

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Idk elusief has been nice. The sky net has cute cat avatars to differentiate data. Didnt feel illegal at the time, sorta kinda still doesn't.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

floppyspud posted:

Im actually quite impressed by his ability to do the same poo poo over and over again, and still getting people to like him. Dude must have some serious charisma.

Elusif has a larger than life trickster persona thing going on. The charisma is kind of built in.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Idk elusief has been nice. The sky net has cute cat avatars to differentiate data. Didnt feel illegal at the time, sorta kinda still doesn't.

People use automated tools to determine where other players live and when they go to work/sleep.

Botting treads the line and perhaps crosses it, but there isn't a single eve player who doesn't seriously benefit from automated data collection, so the response feels a bit forced at times, but I've come to learn that's just EvE Online.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
my experience with elusif is seeing him group up a division of ships in world of warships and somehow do better input broadcasting to several boats at once than a person playing one boat with all of their brainpower

nice guy, just likes to treat game EULAs like they're toilet paper

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

I like elusif

windex
Aug 2, 2006

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

all geese are safe except for lucifer because he sucks

He told me that I was a bad person for jumping a jump freighter into a system with a neut blops cyno pilot.

:(

He would not have survived thirty seconds in Providence.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
please punish goosefleet by killing our keepstar and making us all move back to jspace, thank you

TerranRaida
Feb 3, 2010

I get made a director only a few months ago and people are acting like I developed this from my own brain on reddit and the eve o forums calling for me to get permanently banned. It's such a bummer to get railroaded like this.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kaysette posted:

please punish goosefleet by killing our coopstar and making us all move back to jspace, thank you

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

TerranRaida posted:

I get made a director only a few months ago and people are acting like I developed this from my own brain on reddit and the eve o forums calling for me to get permanently banned. It's such a bummer to get railroaded like this.

that part actually does suck and i'm really sorry it's happening to you :sympathy:

definitely not your fault

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I believe in u to have the strength and resilience to ignore the haters and the losers

Baron of Bad News
Aug 4, 2009

eve online

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

putting the pee in ccp

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

TerranRaida posted:

Dceet did nothing wrong, vote for dceet:colbert:

edit: pubbies hate him, so you know he's gotta be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

TerranRaida posted:

A wise man once shared this image with me. You may wish to share it with your posting enemies in this troubling time: