Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Dr. Eldarion posted:

Hardcore peeps, do you even attempt the butcher? Or do you just GTFO as fast as you can?

I was playing a hardcore character to get the trophy for getting level 50 in hardcore, and I didn't see him at all until level 48, at which point he showed up twice within 5 minutes of each other. Each time I noooooope'd the hell out of there. Wondering if there are people braver than I.

I did sorc to 50 and posted before about having 7 butchers during that time, for the first 4 ones I instantly chickened out with scroll of escape since I was under level 35 and didn't feel like the build was yet together that well. I ran raxxentrax's version of chain lightning fireball build with the flame shield enchantment just in case. The last 3 I killed, they all came between levels 44 and 50 and by that point I had good damage + bunch of defensive passives and gear. I tried carefully first to see if I can stand against it without running out of potions though.

The whole leveling went great and I think I procced flame shield extra life just once during the whole time, against the end boss of domhainne tunnels (the first and only time I killed that boss, afterwards I just farmed easy nonboss dungeon parts). It was pretty fun and I can see playing all classes to 50 and sometime later I'll try a proper hc season whenever there's a good season for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
whatever i started this season off with ran into him in like 6 of the first 7 dungeons or something, it was stupid. as always i recommended stutter stepping around him by sticking to his left leg. you can easily avoid the headbutt stun because of the long windup and you make most auto attacks whiff too.

save cds for last 20% if you don’t have good/controllable burst so you don’t get stuck in attrition against barrier spam

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

bio347 posted:

I think sorcs pretty much always want a wand and focus. Their implicit stats are better, the focus in particular can get resource rolls which are very helpful, and two multiplicative aspects are stronger than one doubled aspect.

Nice ty for the tip

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Next time I see butcher I will try and stutter step his left leg.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
terms and conditions apply to channeling builds

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I made another goon clan for those of us with brain damage that are still playing and enjoying season one, since it's hard to find an officer in any of the existing ones. clan name is heavy goony buddies, pm GirthBrooks#11153 to get in if you want.

e: mention you're a goon, I get 5-10 dm's a day from selling stuff (I'em popular) so I won't automatically know you wanna guild invite

ixo fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Aug 27, 2023

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Next time I see butcher I will try and stutter step his left leg.

I just do a crossover and head in for the easy layup

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

My Necro is at 92, the game is really slowing down. my glyphs are at 15, paragon is connecting up one or two final rare nodes and a bit of Infill. Haven’t replaced any gear for maybe 5 levels. And my gear isn’t great, ieI’m still wearing an amulet with a (useless) bone affix from when I respecced 15 levels ago, my boots are the sever uniques with really good roles in movespeed, but I’m not using Sever..

I’m sure if I want to clear NMD 100 I’ll need to replace them, but I won’t need to get to lvl100 - which now feels like a I’m so close so I might as well, but why am I doing this?

I really wish the overworld wasn’t 5 levels lower (why!) I’d even go a do some of the quest lines and actually listen to why I need to collect spider arses?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

VOTE1 posted:

My Necro is at 92, the game is really slowing down. my glyphs are at 15, paragon is connecting up one or two final rare nodes and a bit of Infill. Haven’t replaced any gear for maybe 5 levels. And my gear isn’t great, ieI’m still wearing an amulet with a (useless) bone affix from when I respecced 15 levels ago, my boots are the sever uniques with really good roles in movespeed, but I’m not using Sever..

I’m sure if I want to clear NMD 100 I’ll need to replace them, but I won’t need to get to lvl100 - which now feels like a I’m so close so I might as well, but why am I doing this?

I really wish the overworld wasn’t 5 levels lower (why!) I’d even go a do some of the quest lines and actually listen to why I need to collect spider arses?

If you’re not having fun, take a break!

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
also you probably don’t need to optimize your gear that much to do a NMD 100. if you’re careful and selective of the mods of the key, you can start clearing 100s in the mid 80s to low 90s.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

harrygomm posted:

also you probably don’t need to optimize your gear that much to do a NMD 100. if you’re careful and selective of the mods of the key, you can start clearing 100s in the mid 80s to low 90s.

Wait, what? Are you talking about tier 100 or level 100? I'm level 89 and tier 46 (level 100) is a challenge when everything else in the game apart from Uber Lilith is a joke

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
NMD100 which have level 154 mobs in them. i wouldn’t call them that hard really, i still think uber is harder, especially since current NMD100 was tuned down, apparently roughly equivalent to preseason NMD70. also the buffs to boss health from the last patch either were withdrawn or applied incorrectly so that’s not even a consideration.

at the end of the day there’s no real reason to do NMD100 other than for achievement/season journey unless you want the extra challenge. when the mobs are level 85+ you’ve got the best drop rate for ancestral, so you’re better off clearing mobs that are ~10 levels above your own unless you can go higher with no increased risk of loss of clear speed

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

harrygomm posted:

at the end of the day there’s no real reason to do NMD100 other than for achievement/season journey unless you want the extra challenge. when the mobs are level 85+ you’ve got the best drop rate for ancestral, so you’re better off clearing mobs that are ~10 levels above your own unless you can go higher with no increased risk of loss of clear speed

i dont know that this is true anymore - the 90 and two 100s i did (had to reset one) dropped like 99% or 100% ancestral items. i remember blowing up a couple rooms back to back and seeing like 14 items on the ground, all ancestral

of course it took a lot longer to do it than if i just smashed some 50s or whatever

i dont pick sacred items up and the iirc the ground was basically completely clean

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Man, and here's me feeling good because I defeated the Butcher for the first time.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

Playing ring of mendeln Necro, the butcher fucks me up. Easier just to despawn him than bother trying to kill

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
What's a class/build I can use to kill Uber Lilith with the easiest? My pre-season death trap rogue definitely couldn't. And I'm barely scratching the surface of her health with my seasonal shred druid, albeit farther than the rogue ever did get.

GertLush
Aug 24, 2005

ixo posted:

I made another goon clan for those of us with brain damage that are still playing and enjoying season one, since it's hard to find an officer in any of the existing ones. clan name is heavy goony buddies, pm GirthBrooks#11153 to get in if you want.

e: mention you're a goon, I get 5-10 dm's a day from selling stuff (I'em popular) so I won't automatically know you wanna guild invite

I'm in ABEL at the moment, will pm on Saturday when back from holiday for an invite.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Aexo posted:

What's a class/build I can use to kill Uber Lilith with the easiest? My pre-season death trap rogue definitely couldn't. And I'm barely scratching the surface of her health with my seasonal shred druid, albeit farther than the rogue ever did get.

you can play the low HP bulwark druid, they can tank waves and the insta death damage from stepping out of the ring. if you don’t already have the gear for it, which is a bit specialized, you’ll need to farm. i assume it’d be quicker than leveling a new character

bone spear and mendelen necro can do it relatively easily but can take a bunch of attempts to get RNG to line up just right. i think one of the wolf druid builds is like this too? haven’t played it but i believe blood mist necro is pretty safe/easy as well.

uhh i think the lillith blizzard sorc build can cheese it still? maybe also the rupture/barber/berserk ripping barb build?

mostly depends on what you’d prefer to do, farm gear or level another guy i guess

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Verviticus posted:

i dont know that this is true anymore - the 90 and two 100s i did (had to reset one) dropped like 99% or 100% ancestral items. i remember blowing up a couple rooms back to back and seeing like 14 items on the ground, all ancestral

of course it took a lot longer to do it than if i just smashed some 50s or whatever

i dont pick sacred items up and the iirc the ground was basically completely clean

admittedly that was me just recalling previous talk about it. i didn’t really pay attention to drops on my single run. too risky and slow compared to lower level stuff for my tastes. it’d be nice if that was the car though, something to aspire to

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Extra experience and gold bonus weekend for those of us still playing this game

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23999063/mother-s-blessing-is-bestowed-on-sanctuary

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

MrMidnight posted:

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23999063/mother-s-blessing-is-bestowed-on-sanctuary

I just hit 100 today :argh:

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Man, and here's me feeling good because I defeated the Butcher for the first time.

Just kicked his rear end last night.
Turns out he hates it when you just run around his leg, nonstop casting blizzards and hydras to gently caress with him.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

MrMidnight posted:

I am excited for this opportunity :)

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I saw this posted on reddit as well and someone was saying that all these xp boosts like the flask the ashes are additive with the 200 percent boost from wt4... That can't be the case is it?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

The butcher is so annoying. I'm running overpower Blood Nova so I have like 16k health, 8k armor, plus temerity and the bone shield aspect so he can only kill me if I'm not paying any attention. He will randomly stop autoattacking, run away, charge, run away again and then try to stay far enough away to hook me. And he refuses to drop his unique. :argh:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yeah I was gonna ask, is it just additive?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
the elixir was tested as additive in the preseason, i assume it wasn’t changed in season 1. i don’t know if anyone has tested the ashes but i’ve just been working on the assumption they’re also additive, since you cant hover your xp bar on console to check easily.

elixir is worth ~1.6% more XP in WT4, i think someone likened it to approximately one extra mob pack per dungeon

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Gross lol that was a poor use of my ashes all along.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

MrMidnight posted:

Good, I’m like 68 and need whatever help I can get.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
25% additive bonus to experience? How can I lose?!?

That'll really help with my current strategy of logging in twice a day to do bosses until the pass is cleared.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

flashman posted:

Gross lol that was a poor use of my ashes all along.

Plus they tied them to level so people couldn’t PAY 2 WIN

No idea why they didn’t give you ashes with the season journey steps

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Logging into d4 labour day weekend to take advantage of the 7 percent accelerated leveling

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
even though it's all useless garbage, we can't just let whales have it instantly so we're going to put most of it behind a level wall most players won't reach so nobody realizes how bad they are and instead thinks fondly of the fomo they mo'd

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Next season they'll presumably be gated behind character levels 15 through 60 instead of 55 to 100 or whatever. Dumb problem, izi fix

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ehud posted:

Good, I’m like 68 and need whatever help I can get.

What u playin, friend?

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
Did they fix the increased gold earned from selling with ashes?

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
yeah been fixed for a bit, safe to throw those ashes in there now

harrygomm fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 29, 2023

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Beat a level 43 mn dungeon and got my last seasonal cache drop. Wow, were those a waste of time.

Jaytan
Dec 14, 2003

Childhood enlistment means fewer birthdays to remember

Soonmot posted:

Beat a level 43 mn dungeon and got my last seasonal cache drop. Wow, were those a waste of time.

I redeemed them on seasonal mules I use to reroll affixes instead of clearing a dungeon to unlock the reroll vendor. Pretty sure that’s the best use for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What u playin, friend?

got a little summon necro going. I need that ring of mendeln for my minions. The stupid thing won’t drop! :mad: