Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wee
Dec 16, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

big black turnout posted:

bsky-social-45ujz-w353h

Quote this when it's gone

haha me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Lol enjoy

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

You take the Red Pill, and you stay in Wonderland. And I show you how deep this rabbit hole goes.........

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

redshirt posted:

You take the Red Pill, and you stay in Wonderland. And I show you how deep this rabbit hole goes.........

gently caress yeah bro let's get this gender transition started

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

kazil posted:

It's really poorly worded but he means "It'll be good to get a perspective that the western media censors"

There's just way too much western media censorship in *checks notes* Malaysia

yeah but why would he think the russian state media is censoring Putin?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

based on my understanding if a media property is successful it immediately isn't woke

do regressives delist and or delete any their wrong wokebashing videos or posts? or do they kepe them up because they get hard from being owned/wrong?

not asking you specifically, but just the you or the goon/internet hive mind.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I know someone who pre-ordered a cybertruck. And to be fair, he was super hopped up on drugs from hip replacement surgery.

If he cancels it, at least he'll make a bit of profit off the deposit refund.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
If anyone has an invite they need to get rid off, I'm here for you my brothers in trite

Being a eurogoon when these get doled out is a real struggle (not really, but it would be nice to get one, and I'll get warm and fuzzy feelings in my tum tum)

Edit: A kind soul have done a good deed

Anders fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Aug 28, 2023

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Anders posted:

If anyone has an invite they need to get rid off, I'm here for you my brothers in trite

Being a eurogoon when these get doled out is a real struggle (not really, but it would be nice to get one, and I'll get warm and fuzzy feelings in my tum tum)

ill send you one

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

thathonkey posted:

ill send you one

Thank you very much. I'll spread the warm and fuzzy feelings once I get an invite code!

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Anders posted:

Thank you very much. I'll spread the warm and fuzzy feelings once I get an invite code!

Yes please do! (or anyone else who happens to get a code, of course)

My own trite sob story is that I'm stuck back in the Mother Country, and our government was already so great at weaponizing Twitter I deleted my account about 18 months ago. But now I keep missing a daily read of really eclectic news, where you could zoom in and out of focus from hyperlocal to longform deep-dives, and with lively, cutting commentary going on all around (even if sprinkled with nazis and crazies). The news Proper around here has been absolutely eviscerated, there's nowhere to get my fix (except SA to some extent - thank god for small mercies).

Small notional prize for guessing which of many countries I'm from, haha

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Yes please do! (or anyone else who happens to get a code, of course)

My own trite sob story is that I'm stuck back in the Mother Country, and our government was already so great at weaponizing Twitter I deleted my account about 18 months ago. But now I keep missing a daily read of really eclectic news, where you could zoom in and out of focus from hyperlocal to longform deep-dives, and with lively, cutting commentary going on all around (even if sprinkled with nazis and crazies). The news Proper around here has been absolutely eviscerated, there's nowhere to get my fix (except SA to some extent - thank god for small mercies).

Small notional prize for guessing which of many countries I'm from, haha

I've got a code that's all yours if you want it, but I don't have plat. If you can quote this with a Discord ID I can send it to you.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Mr Scumbag posted:

I've got a code that's all yours if you want it, but I don't have plat. If you can quote this with a Discord ID I can send it to you.

Oh my gosh thank you SO MUCH. I do have plat but not Discord, it's banned in my whole work campus. Would you still have it available if I did this from home, like... 12 hours from now? If not, perfectly fine to pass the code along to whoever else is in the market, no worries

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Oh my gosh thank you SO MUCH. I do have plat but not Discord, it's banned in my whole work campus. Would you still have it available if I did this from home, like... 12 hours from now? If not, perfectly fine to pass the code along to whoever else is in the market, no worries

Yep. Just quote me again when you're ready and I'll send it.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Hurray for goon fellowship!

On topic, guess what just appeared in the employer-selected bundle of "news" that plops into our work inboxes:

https://www.livemint.com/companies/...3099183029.html

quote:

X launches Hiring, a job search feature for verified organizations, aiming to challenge LinkedIn. $1,000 monthly fee.

Billionaire Elon Musk's microblogging platform ‘X’ (formerly Twitter) has introduced a new job-hiring feature that offers verified organizations an opportunity to post job listings on their profiles. The company said that the feature will help concerned companies find relevant candidates for the job roles featured on X Hiring Beta.

“Unlock early access to the X Hiring Beta — exclusively for Verified Organizations. Feature your most critical roles and organically reach millions of relevant candidates," X wrote in a post on X.

(...)

After launching the new Hiring feature, observers called it a crucial step towards making X an ‘everything app’. However, it may not turn out to be an immediate challenge to LinkedIn, but the move indicates its intentions to widen its scope in the tech industry, as per CNBC reports.

(...)

X has witnessed a slew of modifications since Elon Musk's takeover last year. He has recently shared a photo on X featuring his son, X Æ A-XII. In the picture, the child is seen standing in front of a prominent X logo.

In Elon Musk's shared image, his son, lovingly referred to as Lil X, can be observed donning a white t-shirt along with knee-length khaki pants.

He's captured holding a tumbler in his hand, with a wide, joyful grin on his face, as he gazes directly at the camera. Positioned before a large white X emblem displayed on a black wall, the scene is captured perfectly.

The All-App is Imminent! Any day now! Make ready your email filters to spam-bin the LINXEDIN alerts!

Also LIL X ahahahaha

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Job listings isn't the worst Twitter Idea by a long shot but it would also be a lot more useful to have implemented it before scaring away half of its users with gore, spam and Nazis.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
I mean, you could say basically anything was a better idea before alienating anyone with a shred of empathy, but with job listings you have to consider that you're potentially going to work with the person who sees the ad.

E: ps someone send me a Bluesky

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Mr Scumbag posted:

Yep. Just quote me again when you're ready and I'll send it.

I snuck out of campus on the excuse of fetching snacks for everyone lol

I'm inkling_of_doom on Discord.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Teratrain posted:

gore, spam and Nazis.

it has to have everything. its the everything app. no exceptions

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

thathonkey posted:

it has to have everything. its the everything app. no exceptions

And uh, um, if you're like saying nazis, just coz you say nazis... can't have jobs, that's you are one ...ROFL LMAO crylaugh crylaugh crylaugh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

QueenAnnesDead posted:

On topic, guess what just appeared in the employer-selected bundle of "news" that plops into our work inboxes:

The All-App is Imminent! Any day now! Make ready your email filters to spam-bin the LINXEDIN alerts!

Also LIL X ahahahaha

If Musk has any influence over the kid, Lil Naz' X

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

... A 1k fee??

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Only if you're a verified corporate account, mind you! I'm no longer sure how many fees and subscriptions and charges that adds up to. And this is just to get in queue, so you aren't left wailing in the wilderness when they "rollout" (and promptly get stuck on a grass verge)

Also lol at the e-mag translating it into rupees so it looks even more preposterous to Indian employers (it's an anemic sort of The Economist, same sympathies but little to no ragebait of the "20 ways to skip breakfast and put in unpaid OT for millennials" variety).

Ooh, I should show international goons some Indian Elon-related memery sometime

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Also LIL X ahahahaha

aside from the hilarity of using the nazi death threat site to get a job, and needing the $1000,- account tier to place a wanted ad, why is that article describing a picture of Elon's kid in such excruciating detail. Just out of the blue. That's weird right? It's a short article but a good third of it is just a description of the kid's picture...

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
What are the fees like for listings on dedicated recruitment sites? That is to say the ones that aren't cobbled together on top of one of the most poisonous social networks on the planet.

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Steadiman posted:

aside from the hilarity of using the nazi death threat site to get a job, and needing the $1000,- account tier to place a wanted ad, why is that article describing a picture of Elon's kid in such excruciating detail. Just out of the blue. That's weird right? It's a short article but a good third of it is just a description of the kid's picture...

Sadly our starving journalists often have to fill up wordcounts rather like AI does, because Always Be Creating Content. And to the wider public Elon is a distant but basically admired and interesting figure of wealth, glamour and amusing-ness. So it makes sense to round out the already fluffy article with 'society page' style light gossip. Incidentally, I don't think US media does this any more? but 'round-ups' of major social media sites are a regular feature in Indian newsmags, usually including this sort of cutesy descriptions of images that the reader can just go look at :shrug:

...oh wait, on TwiXXer they actually can't see much anymore without accounts

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Steadiman posted:

“The scene is captured perfectly” smacks heavily of being AI written to me

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Concatenation posted:

“The scene is captured perfectly” smacks heavily of being AI written to me

You know, you're probably right. I haven't played around with AI enough to know its capabilities for tone and dialect. I CAN say the tone is EXACTLY what a kind of empty-slightly-sugary content writer sounds like around here.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

QueenAnnesDead posted:

Ooh, I should show international goons some Indian Elon-related memery sometime

Please do, it's always fun to see a new angle

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Gotta write words words words for a single tweet with nearly no information.

here's the picture btw

very professionally painted on logo

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

Sentient Data posted:

Please do, it's always fun to see a new angle

I shall QUIET QUIT and commit TIME THEFT from my JOB CREATORS and get back to you, my fellow delinquents.

By the way thanks to Mr Scumbag I am now on bluesky, and even though there's an under-construction vibe, and entirely too much furry art (sorry furries no disrespect) - I got to pop open my saved list of Twitter follows and re-follow popehat and nateshyamalan and CatsOfYore and intrepid Indian alt journalists and I'm just so happy again :kiddo: I don't care how pathetic that is

QueenAnnesDead
Apr 17, 2016

kazil posted:

here's the picture btw

Brown pants to the mid-calf that are not quite khaki and not quite dust but a warm toast colour, with ...
Whoops wrote entirely too much about the clothes a child is donning has donned is wearing, cops are here

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

dont forget to follow jack dorsey and richard spencer!

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lil Nazi X

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

kazil posted:

here's the picture btw

Is it just me, or does it look like they just put masking tape on the wall?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

cr0y posted:

Lil Nazi X

Dabir posted:

If Musk has any influence over the kid, Lil Naz' X

:mad:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Yours is better

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

cumpantry posted:

dont forget to follow jack dorsey and richard spencer!

Lol that one of the people in this thread constantly scolding others for having a Twitter account, immediately snagged one of those bluesky codes, exchanging one right wing idiot for another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

kazil posted:

What's overdog?

Not much, what's overdog with you?