Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Rollos posted:

12 team PPR

I think I might be able to trade AJ Dillion and Cooper Kupp for Justin Jefferson should I do it? My team:

QB: Joe Burrow
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jaylen Waddle
RB: Miles Sanders
RB: Javonte Williams
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Kansas City

Bench:
RB: AJ Dillon
WR: Elijah Moore
RB: Zach Charbonnet
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR: Michael Wilson
RB: Gus Edwards

In a bubble I would say yes, but your RB are pretty weak, I don't think you can afford to get rid of Dillon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollos
Aug 11, 2007

Hold on, won't be long

Pain of Mind posted:

In a bubble I would say yes, but your RB are pretty weak, I don't think you can afford to get rid of Dillon.

Yeah that's where I'm at. I think I have a good chance of having a really good team if everything works out but I'd be trading my little depth in RB to have more consistent WR core. Tough.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

Rollos posted:

12 team PPR

I think I might be able to trade AJ Dillion and Cooper Kupp for Justin Jefferson should I do it? My team:

QB: Joe Burrow
WR: Cooper Kupp
WR: Davante Adams
WR: Jaylen Waddle
RB: Miles Sanders
RB: Javonte Williams
TE: Darren Waller
DST: Kansas City

Bench:
RB: AJ Dillon
WR: Elijah Moore
RB: Zach Charbonnet
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster
WR: Michael Wilson
RB: Gus Edwards
I think I would do it, Dillon hasn’t been a reliable contributor and seems like just a guy now, and to me the Rams look like they’ll be shaky even if Stafford comes back at 100 percent. I guess I’m lower on both of those guys than consensus.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Vargo posted:

Have any of you ever done a league that allows you to trade draft picks? I've got an offer in my 12-team home league that is essentially me giving up my 1st and 4th round picks for an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd round.

Since I'm drafting 7th, this pretty much means giving up Kelce or Kupp for guaranteed shots at Sun-God and Mandrews?

I don't know how to measure the value here, is the thing.

Footballguys has a draft pick calculator

https://www.footballguys.com/pick-value-calculator

But I wouldn't give up a 1st for an extra 2nd and 3rd

Edit: wow I was waaay late

MakaVillian fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Aug 28, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The case for is that there is always RB depth to be had on waivers as guys inevitably get hurt or usage changes (Jamaal Williams was like a last round or waiver guy last year and led the league in TDs lol). I think I'd do it and then immediately add your favorite waiver RB with a clear path to more work. I don't think Dillon is anything special.

Kupp has had a record setting receiving season pretty recently so just holding him is also totally defensible. His ceiling as like the literal only good offensive player on the Rams is infinite especially in PPR. But he has downside that JJ just doesn't (age/health of both him and Stafford, team might be ungodly bad, although he was still crushing last year despite all that til he got hurt). So I think what you're buying with the trade is more Jefferson's insanely high floor.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Did my draft .5 PPR league. Picking 5th overall. Reverse snake in the 3rd. We also play with a smaller bench so only 13 round draft

QB: Trevor Lawrence 6th round
RB: Ekeler -1st round
RB: jahmyr Gibbs -3rd round
WR: Garrett Wilson- 2nd round
WR: Calvin Ridley - 4th round
Te: Pat Freiermuth -8th round
Flex: Cam Akers - 5th round
K : Justin Tucker - 10th round
DST: commanders - 12th round

Bench
RB: deschon Johnson -13th round. Thinking about Hyatt here but feel like you gotta stock up on upside rbs before the year starts.
RB: Rashard Penny 9th round - upside rb
WR: George Pickens 7th round
WR: elijah Moore 11th round

I'm thrilled with this team! Went qb earlier than I would like but Herbert went off the board 3 picks.before.mine and I knew the guy picking after me was gonna swing qb. I think the jags are.going places and want to bet on the Ridley Lawrence stack. Also big Gibbs fan.

Feels like this team has a Good floor

EmbryoSteve fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 28, 2023

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Okay 14 team league 0.5 PPR tell me who I should drop immediately. I took Goff with my final pick and it seems silly to carry him for one bye week. Right?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

EmbryoSteve posted:

Did my draft .5 PPR league. Picking 5th overall. Reverse snake in the 3rd. We also play with a smaller bench so only 13 round draft

QB: Trevor Lawrence 6th round
RB: Ekeler -1st round
RB: jahmyr Gibbs -3rd round
WR: Garrett Wilson- 2nd round
WR: Calvin Ridley - 4th round
Te: Pat Freiermuth -8th round
Flex: Cam Akers - 5th round
K : Justin Tucker - 10th round
DST: commanders - 12th round

Bench
RB: deschon Johnson -13th round. Thinking about Hyatt here but feel like you gotta stock up on upside rbs before the year starts.
RB: Rashard Penny 9th round - upside rb
WR: George Pickens 7th round
WR: elijah Moore 11th round

I'm thrilled with this team! Went qb earlier than I would like but Herbert went off the board 3 picks.before.mine and I knew the guy picking after me was gonna swing qb. I think the jags are.going places and want to bet on the Ridley Lawrence stack. Also big Gibbs fan.

Feels like this team has a Good floor

I like this team although I think it's funny that you like the floor and my first take was "this team is loaded with boom/bust home run swings". It's a team where if you're right you are going to destroy which is always fun. I love the stack.

Also to your Hyatt comment did he even get drafted? With such a short bench you will 1000% be able to get high upside guys off waivers later in the season.

Dr.Donkeypunch
Sep 8, 2003

Ask me about ironing shirts.
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

Okay 14 team league 0.5 PPR tell me who I should drop immediately. I took Goff with my final pick and it seems silly to carry him for one bye week. Right?

Drop Rondale Moore.
He can’t stay healthy and will have Colt McCoy or something called a Clayton Tune throwing to him possibly all season.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

kiimo posted:

I always keep the best available QB2 on my bench as an insurance policy against injury. Just personal preference, but the waiver wire can get real bare in a 14 team league and if Mahomes misses a couple weeks you probably want a decent backup.

Losing a league due to QB injury sucks.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Docjowles posted:

I like this team although I think it's funny that you like the floor and my first take was "this team is loaded with boom/bust home run swings". It's a team where if you're right you are going to destroy which is always fun. I love the stack.

Also to your Hyatt comment did he even get drafted? With such a short bench you will 1000% be able to get high upside guys off waivers later in the season.
I guess I think ekeler, Gibbs, wilson, akers , and Lawrence are solid gonna build your floor picks and the rest is figuring out WR down the line for who pops and trying to have an RB that takes the rb1 role in their team without having to battle it out on FAAB.

Felt like my biggest dice roll was Ridley but there really wasn't anyone else there that could boom like.him imo. I do think Pickens is gonna take over dionte Johnson by mid season and he was my pseudo insurance if Ridley doesn't pan out

With a short bench the league is very rb thirsty considering propensity of injuries of that position. People (like me) will try to guess / be one step ahead.with extra rb on the bench on teams with a vulnerable rb1 (bears) so you don't have to bet like 20 plus faab for a swing at a rb on waivers.

Hyatt didn't get drafted and I'm high in his potential in the giants offense so I will definitely.be keeping an eye out. It's much easier to snipe WR than RB off waivers in this league.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

EmbryoSteve posted:

I guess I think ekeler, Gibbs, wilson, akers , and Lawrence are solid gonna build your floor picks and the rest is figuring out WR down the line for who pops and trying to have an RB that takes the rb1 role in their team without having to battle it out on FAAB.

Felt like my biggest dice roll was Ridley but there really wasn't anyone else there that could boom like.him imo. I do think Pickens is gonna take over dionte Johnson by mid season and he was my pseudo insurance if Ridley doesn't pan out

With a short bench the league is very rb thirsty considering propensity of injuries of that position. People (like me) will try to guess / be one step ahead.with extra rb on the bench on teams with a vulnerable rb1 (bears) so you don't have to bet like 20 plus faab for a swing at a rb on waivers.

Hyatt didn't get drafted and I'm high in his potential in the giants offense so I will definitely.be keeping an eye out. It's much easier to snipe WR than RB off waivers in this league.
Ridley is going to be good IMO I think betting on him in round 4 is a great play.

For anyone who chimed in earlier, thanks, in my league that's moving to superflex, I decided to keep Hurts (round 4) and Garrett Wilson (round 15), rather than keeping Daniel Jones for a 15th rounder. I'm high on all NYG this year but I also want to target Waller and Jalin Hyatt in later rounds and I think it would be good to diversify in case I manage to grab one or both of those guys. I like Jones a lot still but I don't mind settling for someone a little worse with Hurts as my hero QB.

I'm also in a new (to me) 0-PPR league this year. I've only done half or full PPR before and I'm nervous because there's some money involved. How does relative value of players change? I guess that the value of pure RBs like Nick Chubb and big-play WRs goes up slightly as RBs and receivers who rely on lots of short catches goes down. How does the value of QBs change, if at all? Seems like it might be a little higher because the overall scoring might be lower?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dr.Donkeypunch posted:

Drop Rondale Moore.
He can’t stay healthy and will have Colt McCoy or something called a Clayton Tune throwing to him possibly all season.

I got Rondale so late that it was practically a steal. I get not staying healthy, but he's healthy now and they are going to have to pass a lot there even if Colt sucks. I'm not starting him but I'll hold him for a few weeks just to see how things shake out. They have to throw to someone.

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Pretty happy with my 10- team Yahoo family league draft.

QB: Allen
WR: CeeDee Lamb
WR: Diontae Johnson
WR: Christian Watson
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs
RB: Rhamondre Stevenson
TE: Travis Kelce

BN:
Mattison, Addison, Jeudy, Dillon, Burks, Kirk Cousins

What does yahoo think about it?

quote:

Intensive Purposes Drafts Their Way to an F, But Projected to Dominate Family Football Feud

In a draft that left everyone scratching their heads, Intensive Purposes managed to achieve the impossible: a draft grade of F. Despite this less-than-stellar performance, the team is projected to finish first in the Family Football Feud league with a record of 13-2-0. It seems that the draft gods have a twisted sense of humor, as Intensive Purposes defied all expectations and managed to select the best pick of the draft, Jerry Jeudy, at 92, well below their ADP of 71. However, they also made the questionable decision of drafting Diontae Johnson at 52, despite an ADP of 86. It's safe to say that the Intensive Purposes draft strategy is as unpredictable as their team name.

Thanks yahoo

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
The yahoo rating is usually inversely correlated with outcome. I cannot recall seeing a team with a B grade or better ever winning a league.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeudy fell like two rounds too far in my league as well. I grabbed him at 6.7 when guys like Hollywood Brown were going. I know he has a hamstring injury but like, the guy had 170 fantasy point in my league last season with the arrow pointing up. Like 55 points more than Brown.

I think Denver looking like poo poo in the preseason dropped all their guys to value status. DJ Moore went in the 4th round and my beersheet equivalent had Jeudy two spots higher than Moore.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
MIMS SZN

no not denzel

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

The yahoo rating is usually inversely correlated with outcome. I cannot recall seeing a team with a B grade or better ever winning a league.

Yea the Yahoo draft grade basically gives you a higher grade the closer you are to an autodrafted team. You do not want to get a good draft grade.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Still hot under the collar about the Najee hate. Any source that says he is a fade is just glancing at one row of a spreadsheet rather than looking at his tape from the last half of the season, or reading an article about how he was hobbled with a steel plate in his shoe in the first half, or looking at Mike Tomlin's RB usage in the 15 years he has coached the Steelers. 15 loving years of leaning on a bellcow when healthy.

Anyone who is saying Najee isn't a great buy this year is an absolute bellend who should be unfollowed.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

RCarr posted:

Yea the Yahoo draft grade basically gives you a higher grade the closer you are to an autodrafted team. You do not want to get a good draft grade.

We streamed an auction last night and found out they don't even give a grade anymore!

One year I kicked off my mock season by getting three straight 100/100 grades just to test if their algorithm changed. They looooove backup QBs so good riddance, I guess.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just did a yahoo draft last night and didnt get a grade :(

I'm disappointed about my roster, too. My RBs are far too thin and I have too many rookies. I present to you, Code Double Brown:
QB: Tua, Kyler (IR)
RB: Etienne, Sanders, Gibson, Achane, Zamir White
WR: AJB, ARSB, Christian Kirk, Jakobi Meyers, Zay Flowers, Jalin Hyatt, Rashee Rice
TE: Mark Andrews, Sam LaPorta (late round stash as a potential keeper because our benches are so big)

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It takes a couple days for them to spit out a grade. It’ll show up. But yea you basically want to have a backup QB, and backup TE, and draft the highest ranked kicker and defense, and you’ll be on your way to coming in last place and getting a great grade

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Drunk Nerds posted:

We streamed an auction last night and found out they don't even give a grade anymore!

One year I kicked off my mock season by getting three straight 100/100 grades just to test if their algorithm changed. They looooove backup QBs so good riddance, I guess.

It was probably just a system where they awarded full credit for projected points for every player drafted, or at least significant credit. So under a system like that drafting lots of QBs would look really good.

Obviously that going to skew results to guys using suboptimal strategies.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

What are good resources to review things like target share, carries share, team pass/throw ratios, etc?

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What are good resources to review things like target share, carries share, team pass/throw ratios, etc?

https://www.4for4.com/nfl-player-stat-explorer and https://www.the33rdteam.com/the-edge/ Probably has basically every advanced fantasy metric you'd care to look at. Both support export to CSV too.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Ayudo posted:

https://www.4for4.com/nfl-player-stat-explorer and https://www.the33rdteam.com/the-edge/ Probably has basically every advanced fantasy metric you'd care to look at. Both support export to CSV too.

Ay carumba!

Thank you for sharing :)

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Drunk Nerds posted:

Still hot under the collar about the Najee hate. Any source that says he is a fade is just glancing at one row of a spreadsheet rather than looking at his tape from the last half of the season, or reading an article about how he was hobbled with a steel plate in his shoe in the first half, or looking at Mike Tomlin's RB usage in the 15 years he has coached the Steelers. 15 loving years of leaning on a bellcow when healthy.

Anyone who is saying Najee isn't a great buy this year is an absolute bellend who should be unfollowed.

I will never draft him again/log off.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Free auction league this friday night!
https://sleeper.com/i/YOOWNNkw0Me3

1 QB, PPR I'll mail the winner some sauce.

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
I can keep one. 2WR, 0.5 ppr, espn, 12 teams.

JK dobbins 15th round
Trevor Lawrence 16th round.

Brian Robinson 11th
Jalen waddle 4th
Pacheco 13th.

Leaning toward one of the first two, most likely dobbins but I’m not caught up on ravens news.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Drunk Nerds posted:

Free auction league this friday night!
https://sleeper.com/i/YOOWNNkw0Me3

1 QB, PPR I'll mail the winner some sauce.

I'm an idiot who once again said I wouldn't have more than 3 leagues this year but put me in as your emergency last player if you have a final seat that needs an rear end.

The Big Jesus posted:

JK dobbins 15th round

Brian Robinson 11th
Jalen waddle 4th
Pacheco 13th.

Leaning toward one of the first two, most likely dobbins but I’m not caught up on ravens news.

I'm high on Lawrence to be a top-10 guy again this year.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Aug 28, 2023

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Quiet Feet posted:

I'm an idiot who once again said I wouldn't have more than 3 leagues this year but put me in as your emergency last player if you have a final seat that needs an rear end.

I'm high on Lawrence to be a top-10 guy again this year.

Yeah I'm pretty much industry high on Lawrence. He held back from running in the pocket a ton of times to study his reads. I'm convinced that will translate to a leap forward this year, and he was QB8 last year already

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

While I'm here, rate my Goon Beer League draft draught.

QB: Jared Goff $1
RB1: Christian McCaffrey $63
RB2: Miles Sanders: $22
WR1: Davante Adams $46
WR2: Calvin Ridley $29
TE: Dallas Goedert $9
Flex: Tyler Lockett $12

K: Justin Tucker $3
D/ST: Eagles $2

Bench
QB: Gardner Minshew $1
RB: Gus Edwards $1
RB: Chuba Hubbard $1
RB: Brian Robinson $5
RB: Elijah Mitchell $3
WR: Isaiah Hodgins $1
WR: Tyler Boyd $1

Have since bumped Boyd, Minshew and Gus for Stafford, Justyn Ross and Evan Hull.

I'm not sure if Chuba is even worth a roster spot because he sucks and I can't see him getting Sanders' volume if Sanders does miss time.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

The Big Jesus posted:

JK dobbins 15th round

Brian Robinson 11th
Jalen waddle 4th
Pacheco 13th.

Don't sleep on Waddle in the 4th either. He was the WR7 in half PPR last year and that was with multiple weeks of dogshit QB play when Tua was dead

I think any of TLaw, Dobbins, or Waddle is fine. I would have a hard time using my keeper on a QB in a 1QB league personally but agree Lawrence is gonna be good this year

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Big Jesus posted:

JK dobbins 15th round

Brian Robinson 11th
Jalen waddle 4th
Pacheco 13th.

Absolutely 100% without a doubt TLaw. Get you a good TE early then draft nothing but RBs and WRs the rest of the draft.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Quiet Feet posted:

While I'm here, rate my Goon Beer League draft draught.

Same!

QB: Justin Herbert ($13)
RB: Josh Jacobs ($45)
RB: Jerick McKinnon ($2)
WR: Justin Jefferson ($60)
WR: Jaylen Waddle ($37)
TE: Darren Waller ($12)
FLEX: Jahan Dotson ($8)
D/ST: Jets ($1) (since dropped for Deon Jackson)
K: Jake Elliott $(1)

BENCH
RB: Zach Charbonnet ($4)
RB: Tank Bigsby ($3)
RB: De'Von Achane ($3)
RB: Kenneth Gainwell ($2)
RB: Jaylen Warren ($1)
WR: Zay Flowers ($4)
WR: Jordan Addison ($4)

Am hoping these bench RBs can become solid contributors here and there since everything feels pretty solid outside of my RB2 spot

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Docjowles posted:

Don't sleep on Waddle in the 4th either. He was the WR7 in half PPR last year and that was with multiple weeks of dogshit QB play when Tua was dead

I think any of TLaw, Dobbins, or Waddle is fine. I would have a hard time using my keeper on a QB in a 1QB league personally but agree Lawrence is gonna be good this year

Oh I’m not sleeping on waddle, he was one of the lone bright spots on my team last year. However I am in the 12th pick position so he’d be at the top of the fourth round, which hurts it even more. After factoring in everybody’s keepers that I’m projecting, I’m looking at two of AJ Brown, ARSB, Davante Adams, Josh Jacobs at the 1/2 turn. Would be very happy to end up with the first two.

Lawrence I can see taking a step forward, but I agree with you that using a keeper on a non-elite qb in a one qb league feels like a waste. I could likely pick him at the 5/6 turn if I strike out on one of the top guys falling to the 3/4 turn.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

gloom posted:

Ridley is going to be good IMO I think betting on him in round 4 is a great play.

For anyone who chimed in earlier, thanks, in my league that's moving to superflex, I decided to keep Hurts (round 4) and Garrett Wilson (round 15), rather than keeping Daniel Jones for a 15th rounder. I'm high on all NYG this year but I also want to target Waller and Jalin Hyatt in later rounds and I think it would be good to diversify in case I manage to grab one or both of those guys. I like Jones a lot still but I don't mind settling for someone a little worse with Hurts as my hero QB.

I'm also in a new (to me) 0-PPR league this year. I've only done half or full PPR before and I'm nervous because there's some money involved. How does relative value of players change? I guess that the value of pure RBs like Nick Chubb and big-play WRs goes up slightly as RBs and receivers who rely on lots of short catches goes down. How does the value of QBs change, if at all? Seems like it might be a little higher because the overall scoring might be lower?

0 PPR just means pure yardage and td pts. Go for the most consistent yard getters. You cant make up with starting 3rd down backs in the flex. QBs are worth more bc there are fewer overall pts with no PPR.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

darkspider42 posted:

2 spot have opened up for Tier B in the Goon Tier -

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4038206

The most complicated way to play fake football.

Let me know if anyone has any questions or would like to join, rules are on the first post and we've been running for over 10 years now.

Seconding Goontier, it adds a little something extra to fight for rather than just getting first/second place.

Drunk Nerds posted:

:bisonyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Yahoo projections seem low this year. Last year my league projected & averaged 150 per team per week, this year it’s projecting ~130 per team. I wonder if it’s a bug that will correct itself at some point. Anyone else seeing similar?