Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I seriously can't find anything other than mirror matches that they claim aren't a thing. Every time I change a deck I'm playing against the same loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

New Leaf posted:

I seriously can't find anything other than mirror matches that they claim aren't a thing. Every time I change a deck I'm playing against the same loving thing.
It's been really bad this weekend because everyone is playing some variation of a Devil Dino or Destroy deck

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

New Leaf posted:

It's ridiculous I misread a Bro 5 deck recently and first 3 matches were all Bro 5. Never seen one before

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Probably physical stuff at their GAMESCOM booth

Yeah. I don't know what's in them as I didn't bother getting one - no room to carry it home - but I saw someone with one.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

FlamingLiberal posted:

It's been really bad this weekend because everyone is playing some variation of a Devil Dino or Destroy deck

I pretty well am tired of the weekend missions for exactly this reason; they cut down on the hot and featured locations because everything boiled down to "play the deck or counter the deck" every time, and this just does the same thing for the entire weekend. I generally prefer playing Snap during the week. I am glad they at least sort of seemed to realized this and have been picking a wildcard like Devil Dino as part of the PC launch so that it's two decks instead of just one.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Devo posted:

I'm getting entirely sick of playing against that Silk Kraven deck

which deck is this? have seen kraven but not silk the last week (though maybe all of those matches they didn't manage to draw silk)

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Artelier posted:

which deck is this? have seen kraven but not silk the last week (though maybe all of those matches they didn't manage to draw silk)
It's some version of the Move Legion deck which is very popular right now.

The version they talk about on Snap Zone is-

1 Kitty Pryde
2 Angela
2 Kraven
2 Jeff
2 Silk
3 Spider-Man
4 Shang-Chi
4 Captain Marvel
4 Miles Morales
5 Legion
5 Vision
6 America Chavez

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I hear the new Surfer Patriot dunks on it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Possibly, I still need to try that one. I have had some success with Move Legion.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Quackles posted:

I hear the new Surfer Patriot dunks on it.

Is that the one that's based around Forge-ing (with his new +3 on reveal) a Brood, then next turn Absorbing Man-ing the Brood? Then, ideally, T5 Magik (and , Idk, Armor?) , t6 Patriot and Mystique, and T7 Wong and SS?

Again... perfectly ideal conditions. But yeah, I've played that off and an recently and it's ok... sometimes you don't have AM in time but you can always T7 SS then AM for the same basic effect as Wong and SS.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Is that the one that's based around Forge-ing (with his new +3 on reveal) a Brood, then next turn Absorbing Man-ing the Brood? Then, ideally, T5 Magik (and , Idk, Armor?) , t6 Patriot and Mystique, and T7 Wong and SS?

Again... perfectly ideal conditions. But yeah, I've played that off and an recently and it's ok... sometimes you don't have AM in time but you can always T7 SS then AM for the same basic effect as Wong and SS.

I like the version that doesn't use Wong or Magik, but yes.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I really need legion because there is just nothing that replaces that ability in decks that run him

Do you guys upgrade your inks or just keep them pristine black and white

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't like the way that inks look, honestly, either on PC or on mobile, but I'd upgrade them just for the sake of progression

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Reek posted:

I really need legion because there is just nothing that replaces that ability in decks that run him

Do you guys upgrade your inks or just keep them pristine black and white

Yeah I use Aero for the same statline and a different kind of "gently caress you" because Aero still surprises a lot of people, but she's not the same at all.

The first level of cards looks listless without 3-D and/or animation imo. I think ink looks best all blue bordered (it's got a nice, cool tone when you do the whole deck up that way) or red bordered if you want the animations and fancy logos too (and the red/black/white Sin City effect).

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I don't play anything that doesn't have at least a blue border unless it's a brand brand new card. Usually I try to rock all infinite decks if I can.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I keep my inked cards grey until they'll let me customize my border

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

For inks, I like to make it match or at least be complementary to the character logo! I have Storm with blue border, Daredevil and Professor X with gold border (both of these can be red but the gold looks nice), getting Spidey to a red one when I have enough boosters, same with infinite for Galactus...

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Checking back in on Marvel Snap, just in time to get the Dino Mech avatar. Had a ton of unspent gold, got a few new cards including X-23.

I am a bit surprised that my old decks still mostly work? Is that because I was dropped back into the wood league, or has the meta stayed pretty much the same since the beginning of the year?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I read somewhere you play bots for a bit if you've been gone 40+ days

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

I believe that's for Conquest but then again it might apply to ladder too.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Did Leech become popular again? I just fought a Destroy deck running Leech, and then a Move deck also running Leech.

This happened, obviously, when I am running a Sera deck again in ages

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Yeah since a lot of decks are running magik with big late game plays leech has been back in the meta. It's super unfun to play against

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
https://twitter.com/hiitseggs/status/1696157849028645324

As a mac user, this is bullshit

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Twitch drops don't work on a Mac?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Hobo Clown posted:

Twitch drops don't work on a Mac?

I'm talking about the Devil Dinosaur drop for PC users, and I'm assuming that disappears as well.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Reek posted:

Yeah since a lot of decks are running magik with big late game plays leech has been back in the meta. It's super unfun to play against

Yeah. Leech replaced Scorpion as my least favorite card to see

dipple
Oct 22, 2008
i think the dino is available for another couple weeks

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Leech is a strong turn 5 when you still got turns 6 and 7 ahead of you. He was a pretty bad turn 5 with just one turn left

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Red posted:

I'm talking about the Devil Dinosaur drop for PC users, and I'm assuming that disappears as well.

Ahh right. You can still get Robo-Dino through September 21st, but yeah that doesn't help if all you have is a Mac

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's interesting to see who they've picked as "big bads" so far, with Thanos, Galactus, Kang and High Evolutionary, some of that will have been tapping into some of the hype with Ant Man 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 I assume (High Evo definitely came out with the latter, cause even though I wasn't playing I remember hearing rumblings about him just in gaming news or whatever).

I'm curious what the next one will be though, Loki is the Season pass card for September, Doctor Doom, Magneto, Apocalypse and Ultron are characters I'd think of as "big bads" in the Marvel comics but obviously they've used them already now. Then there's not really any big threats on the horizon in the films that they could lean on either, or just any films in general other than Marvels coming out.

Nearly all of the classic Thunderbolts are missing so I could see Baron Zemo headlining a Thunderbolts thing for a couple months, maybe he'd be the big bad card and then two of the other Thunderbolts would be season pass cards for those respective months, the rest would be distributed like cards are now, spotlight weeklies or tokens. However they'd all come as their villain personas by default but if you have Baron Zemo in the deck then at the start of game you get to pick whether they stay as villains or switch to their heroic personas instead with different effects. So for example you get Baron Zemo and Moonstone and Fixer or Citizen V, Meteorite and Techno if you switch. That feels like it could be a cool enough gimmick to be worth a big bad, make people want him, create a couple new archetypes..... and also be extremely power creepy if they wanna go that route.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Leech is a strong turn 5 when you still got turns 6 and 7 ahead of you. He was a pretty bad turn 5 with just one turn left

A lot of these decks are also running magik to make it a 7 turn game that the other player can't do anything about unless they top deck exactly storm/legion or whatever on 6

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
You can legion on 5 instead of going for the trick play

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

Snazzy Frocks posted:

You can legion on 5 instead of going for the trick play

Only works if they didn't hold magik til 5 and you don't have prio and don't pick the lane they magiked. I guess they'd have to cheat leech out to magik on 5 tho

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

thebardyspoon posted:

It's interesting to see who they've picked as "big bads" so far, with Thanos, Galactus, Kang and High Evolutionary, some of that will have been tapping into some of the hype with Ant Man 3 and Guardians of the Galaxy 3 I assume (High Evo definitely came out with the latter, cause even though I wasn't playing I remember hearing rumblings about him just in gaming news or whatever).

Until or unless series drops return, Big Bad is now a completely meaningless distinction.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
They advertised getting 300 gold today, I only got 200 gold, and now they show 500 gold on the in game slide for today

E: NVM I got another inbox of 300 gold. Bizarrely generous!

Snazzy Frocks fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 28, 2023

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Would it be too game-breaking to have some cards change a location into a specific place?

Like, imagine if they created a card for Space Phantom who would, On Reveal, change the location to Deep Space. Or, Moira MacTaggert turned some place into Muir Island. Et cetera. Would the potential combo with Legion be too broken?

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Red posted:

Would it be too game-breaking to have some cards change a location into a specific place?

Like, imagine if they created a card for Space Phantom who would, On Reveal, change the location to Deep Space. Or, Moira MacTaggert turned some place into Muir Island. Et cetera. Would the potential combo with Legion be too broken?

They've said they don't like to do that too often because it makes games too samey.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

The only card that should do that is Kingpin.

Thinking about playing this game again. It's been a few months. Spotlight caches look like rear end.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

The only card that should do that is Kingpin.

And Storm and Magik, and Rhino.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Quackles posted:

And Storm and Magik, and Rhino.

Well yeah. Kingpin should make Fisk Tower instead of what he does now.