Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

matti posted:

really good pic

thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Valko posted:

I think you are lucky to be alive and I bet you think so too. The joking tone of your post comes across as nervous laughter after a near death experience.

I've decided to try and clean up my act. First thing I did was shave (to get the stink of meth and weed out of my beard) and found out I've got a scar. It's nothing compared to what you and Jose went through but everytime I see it I'm going to remember who is responsible.

Somehow I'm more angry with my drug dealing former friend than the debt collectors who came looking for him. Been clean and sober for a week but I'm craving alcohol more than any illegal drug. Doctor still won't prescribe acamprosate yet :(.

Thanks, and best of luck my friend

ps: naltrexone is what you want, acamprosate is EXPENSIVE and did jack poo poo for me

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
My boi loves taking pics

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

Yesterday the realfeel accounting for humidity was 115, so I sweated my rear end off and gave the old beagle a rubdown with a frozen damp towel

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

Random black out while playing games on my pc. Will be seeing a neurologist too.i was told they may need to open me up on the back too but clearly didn't. I did have fun having paranoid hallucinations the whole time post initial surgery though so that was fun

Well, poo poo. You should definitely go see a doctor.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Bibliotechno Music posted:

Yesterday the realfeel accounting for humidity was 115, so I sweated my rear end off and gave the old beagle a rubdown with a frozen damp towel

Oh good doggie, I hope he really liked that!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Bibliotechno Music posted:

good doggo and good doggo parent. :3:

Chernobyl Princess
Jul 31, 2009

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely the most important.

:siren:thunderdome winner:siren:

We went to the opening day of the MD Renaissance festival and went down the big slide

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Chernobyl Princess posted:

We went to the opening day of the MD Renaissance festival and went down the big slide

that rules, and it's a really nice picture

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

for content, a dress I was intending to wear to a thing but which i feel too old and crappy to actually wear out. I like the pattern so I wore a long skirt over it, I'll probs get it taken up so I can wear it more often

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

for content, a dress I was intending to wear to a thing but which i feel too old and crappy to actually wear out. I like the pattern so I wore a long skirt over it, I'll probs get it taken up so I can wear it more often

Nag, you rock it! I'd love to have a shirt like that

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Im in Philly for work related reasons:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phN4xAAl8DU&t=117s

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i am at the beach

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I finally shaved and got a haircut so I don't look like complete trash anymore.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

I went to philly for the first time this past April and I loved it. I hope you’re having as good a time as I had!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I finally shaved and got a haircut so I don't look like complete trash anymore.

You look like you were in a successful punk band in the 90s

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Charles Bukowski posted:

You look like you were in a successful punk band in the 90s

I was in a not-very-successful rock band in the 00s!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah I sometimes forget it's not 2012 anymore.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
There's still a video up on youtube that one of my bandmates put up years ago of us playing at the Rave in 2005 which was a huge deal at the time.

But it's embarrassing and I don't like the song and you can barely hear me because my other bandmates have loud rear end poo poo and I did not and the audio tech never balanced it right whenever I was there!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

MEIN RAVEN posted:

I went to philly for the first time this past April and I loved it. I hope you’re having as good a time as I had!

So far its very beautiful but the traffic is giving me a heart attack. Everyone is super aggressive driving here its giving me gray hairs.

I have like 50 places to visit for my work so I hope I can get by without paying for the parking. How do people manage it here spending 20 dollars on parking!?

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Katamari Democracy posted:

So far its very beautiful but the traffic is giving me a heart attack. Everyone is super aggressive driving here its giving me gray hairs.

I have like 50 places to visit for my work so I hope I can get by without paying for the parking. How do people manage it here spending 20 dollars on parking!?

All good questions. I stayed with friends and took transit everywhere while getting drunk pretty regularly so…..that doesn’t help does it

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

There's still a video up on youtube that one of my bandmates put up years ago of us playing at the Rave in 2005 which was a huge deal at the time.

But it's embarrassing and I don't like the song and you can barely hear me because my other bandmates have loud rear end poo poo and I did not and the audio tech never balanced it right whenever I was there!

Huh, apparently they made a music video (of just pictures) with me that I'm in when we went to take pics at some broken down church because we were 20 and thought it was cool.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ah gently caress it.

You guys have to remember this was during the early aught angst poo poo. I actually didn't like our band Holidead and in this first video I'm wearing the shirt of our last band that I really liked called Holiday. Holiday was much happier and Holidead got dark. I got kicked out of both bands twice because I wasn't into it as much as them. The singer and guitarist wrote the songs and I could do whatever I wanted on the bass and I was pretty decent at the time. So it was super fun. I don't even know the lyrics to the songs. I just wanted to go up there and play!

You will also see me with a beer in my hand a lot even when I was underage. That did not improve.

Ok first one, recording in 2005 so I was 21 or 22. Also this was filmed by a fan. In 2005. On whatever device that would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSs3TrcqU4w

We were a crowd pleaser though. They liked us. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEos9SEVz1c

I don't remember much of this but I remember going to the church and taking pics and also recording the song. I was probably gone by time this came out.
edit: skip the first 38 seconds of this, it's just weird noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WwS2AUiXc

Please don't judge me too harshly. This was almost 2 decades ago. I didn't write the songs but I had a whole lot of fun playing the bass!

edit: ha, I still have that Holiday shirt. I actually came up with the super cool slogan. It says Holiday and has a lightbulb and it says "Think for yourself." lol Nowadays that'd be like a "I did my own research" type of thing. My, how times have changed.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Aug 30, 2023

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I like it :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Thank you for being kind lol. ;)

This one I have the track of that I put on soundcloud years ago I guess. (you all know my memory is hosed). I actually really like my bass playing in this one despite not being a good recording. This was Holiday, so the band before that and I guess I was 19-20. edit: huh, my comment on this page says it's Holidead. 04-05 maybe. edit again: Nah, I think we had our 16 year old prodigy drummer for this one so it was Holiday. That kid was amazing. He was super punk but very Christian and we all respected that but he ended up leaving because of too much weed/booze on our side. I hope he's doing well. :)

It was recorded in a basement of a close friend who just started going to school for audio engineering. So whatever equipment we could get, we used. He got his degree I believe and did no such recording because he was pretty bad. It was free though so gently caress it. He's a great guy still. :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-74682768/in-no-sense

edit: I have a sort of bass solo at about 4:20. Honestly, I'm kinda proud of this bass line despite not performing too well. I was a kid. I like this song. :unsmith:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Aug 30, 2023

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ok so I'm just rediscovering this poo poo so here are two more of Holidead. They're kinda fun!

https://soundcloud.com/user-74682768/listening-lesson

https://soundcloud.com/user-74682768/impish

Also, when I was working at a big music company and had access to lots of new fun stuff between 2007-09 I got a firewire interface and made my only recorded song ever written by me. Super generic grunge/rock and testing the filters and drum tracks and stuff. Just me doing the guitar and a drum track.

https://soundcloud.com/user-74682768/newtestsong1-edit-1-export-1

edit: Please no one quote any of my band posts so I can delete them just in case :haw:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Aug 30, 2023

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

you a cool cat, pennywise. much respect

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

Hackers film 1995 posted:

:hmmyes:

the last 3 tracks you shared are pretty good and accomplishing all that is definitely something to be proud of, seconding the cool cat designation :catte:

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

its my birthday in a couple days so some buds of mine surprised me recently and we all took a ship to victoria, bc canada. here is me and one of my best buds mingling our beards. took forever to get the grime and leaves out but it was worth it. im on the right

here is the after pic

Hackers film 1995 fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 30, 2023

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

MEIN RAVEN posted:

All good questions. I stayed with friends and took transit everywhere while getting drunk pretty regularly so…..that doesn’t help does it

All good haha,

My Boss' Boss called me today after I was done with the day apologizing about the parking issues. Next time the company is going to pay for it. They did treat me to some really nice fancy italian dinner delivered fresh at my hotel. Tomorrow Im planning on going to Juniata and they are hiring an Uber to drive me around to do the rest of my work. I fly home to Georgia on Friday.

gently caress Philly lol. Tried going to a Dave and Busters to play some more dancing games but it was god drat 30 bucks an HOUR just to park. Again, I have to ask, how do you people afford that poo poo

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ah gently caress it.

You guys have to remember this was during the early aught angst poo poo. I actually didn't like our band Holidead and in this first video I'm wearing the shirt of our last band that I really liked called Holiday. Holiday was much happier and Holidead got dark. I got kicked out of both bands twice because I wasn't into it as much as them. The singer and guitarist wrote the songs and I could do whatever I wanted on the bass and I was pretty decent at the time. So it was super fun. I don't even know the lyrics to the songs. I just wanted to go up there and play!

You will also see me with a beer in my hand a lot even when I was underage. That did not improve.

Ok first one, recording in 2005 so I was 21 or 22. Also this was filmed by a fan. In 2005. On whatever device that would be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSs3TrcqU4w

We were a crowd pleaser though. They liked us. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEos9SEVz1c

I don't remember much of this but I remember going to the church and taking pics and also recording the song. I was probably gone by time this came out.
edit: skip the first 38 seconds of this, it's just weird noise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2WwS2AUiXc

Please don't judge me too harshly. This was almost 2 decades ago. I didn't write the songs but I had a whole lot of fun playing the bass!

edit: ha, I still have that Holiday shirt. I actually came up with the super cool slogan. It says Holiday and has a lightbulb and it says "Think for yourself." lol Nowadays that'd be like a "I did my own research" type of thing. My, how times have changed.

I hope I don't have to pay the selfie tax just to tell you that's all not bad. I've supported lots of friends in their own bands and have been... charitable, when discussing some really bad live sets, but I am certain I'd really enjoy your shows.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

here is the after pic

Goddamn that shirt is sick as hell!!

And matches the beard in a hedge wizard sort of way

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Oh what the hell, I'll pay the selfie tax.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

5er posted:

Nice selfie! Who's the human?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

5er posted:

I hope I don't have to pay the selfie tax just to tell you that's all not bad. I've supported lots of friends in their own bands and have been... charitable, when discussing some really bad live sets, but I am certain I'd really enjoy your shows.

:glomp:

I'm very self conscious about performing. I've posted a few videos of me recently in the last thread just playing by myself but I had to drink a lot to do it. :haw:

edit: amazing selfie tax

digitalist posted:

:hmmyes:

the last 3 tracks you shared are pretty good and accomplishing all that is definitely something to be proud of, seconding the cool cat designation :catte:

thx you too guys :) It was kinda fun back then.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Aug 31, 2023

5er
Jun 1, 2000

FlapYoJacks posted:

Nice selfie! Who's the human?

My chicken.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Woah, they call us "chicken" too. That's wild.

JamMaster Flash
Dec 3, 2003

Good stuff Pennywise..I was into it. Being in a (cool) band was something I've never done but always been impressed by. I also like the Holiday/Holidead dichotomy..

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!

5er posted:

Ooh, that's about the coolest hen I ever saw. Red with black spots, and looks soft too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005