Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Augus posted:

There was an interview a long time back where Miura talked about how he saw Evil Dead II after submitting the first chapter of Berserk and he noticed so many similarities between Ash and Guts he was worried he’d get sued

I wonder what a Sam Raimi Berserk adaptation would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Just thought you guys might like this: I put Dragon Slayer in the Superman cartoon I worked on.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thank you for your hard work, and it's a cute show.:)

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Das Boo posted:

Just thought you guys might like this: I put Dragon Slayer in the Superman cartoon I worked on.

Thank you for your service

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
:patriot:

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

:buddy:

Grimey Drawer
What show is it?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I think it’s the new Superman cartoon?

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah, it's My Adventures With Superman, that's a still from the latest episode

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer
That's absolutely awesome

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

owns a lot, thank you for spreading the good word fellow struggler

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

We're freaking out over your work in the DC animation thread in TVIV. I cross-posted your response there, hope you don't mind.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871617&pagenumber=130&perpage=40

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Kvantum posted:

We're freaking out over your work in the DC animation thread in TVIV. I cross-posted your response there, hope you don't mind.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871617&pagenumber=130&perpage=40

Not at all! I'm really happy everyone's having such a ball figuring them all out.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
No vampire killer? Who's your supervisor?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

temple posted:

No vampire killer? Who's your supervisor?

I went with another weapon from Castlevania- the one that my sister never used because she said it was like cheating. Meanwhile, I'd equip that bitch and use cheats to give me infinite Power of Sires and infinite transformation time so I could make my bat form dance to the music. :v:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Haha I noticed the dragon slayer in that episode.

Also hey so i'm so out of it with this series now I didn't realize chapter 373 was released. it was okay, the Kushans look weird. Kinda surprised they appear to be able to take over a boat filled with a lot of witches, even if those witches are getting low on power.

Guts face still looks a bit simple compared to how Miura used to draw him. Everything else was fine I guess.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Preorders are open for a reasonably priced Zodd. Looks epic.

https://store.crunchyroll.com/products/berserk-zodd-large-pop-up-parade-figure-4545784043677.html

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He looks so pettable, just wanna give him an ear rub.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Decided to check on how other internet communities are responding to the continuation. Reddit seems to like the post Miura chapters. SkullKnight.net is filled with a fair amount of frothing at the mouth hatred for it.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

SkullKnight is one of the most insufferable fandom sites that has ever existed, so that sounds about right

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1696182702997709303?t=Z0K-e0CPMrPuqm3XABOdew&s=19

I don't want to get my hopes up for whatever announcement drops but color my curious.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I hope its another exhibit in a gallery in tokyo that's only open on alternate tuesdays!

To be less negative though, by now they've probably had time to figure out if the sales of the recent Memorial edition of the anime did well enough to warrant a sequel.

Ccs fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 28, 2023

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Netflix series.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DrakePegasus posted:

Netflix series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbCJK1-yhnk

Except replace him with Pippin.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

New Zodd statue

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
New Griffith body pillows with "pockets"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I could see Berserk working as a live action series.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Finally getting into this series and as hamfisted as it may be I think this is the only time mensuration and periods have ever come up in Anime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I found that to be one of the nicer scenes between Guts and Casca, awkward as it was for both of them.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

Ccs posted:

I hope its another exhibit in a gallery in tokyo that's only open on alternate tuesdays!

Kurosaki tweeted something about it being mostly relevant to people in Japan so yeah, chances are it's a new Berserk exhibition run.

Hilario Baldness
Feb 10, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

I could see Berserk working as a live action series.

I think it could too but it would need a metric ton of money for a streaming service / studio to pony up

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It would also just be the Golden Age arc.

Again.

Of course if Netflix did it they could recycle all their Witcher costumes and Xena level budget.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Arc Hammer posted:

It would also just be the Golden Age arc.

Again.

Realistically this is all we can and should expect from adaptations in the near term. Too much of the story is a real jump into the deep end outside of the slow escalation of that arc to introduce new viewers to the world with. Anything "new is absolutely going to follow the setup the 97 anime did which was establish the horrible outcome and then tell you how we got there.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Netflix live action Berserk would be what i would get if I wished for more Berserk series on a monkeys paw.

I'll say that the 2016/2017 Berserk anime was nigh unwatchable but I still watched all of it. I did not manage to get more than 2 episodes into The Witcher.

The animated Witcher movie was good though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Ccs posted:

Netflix live action Berserk would be what i would get if I wished for more Berserk series on a monkeys paw.

I'll say that the 2016/2017 Berserk anime was nigh unwatchable but I still watched all of it. I did not manage to get more than 2 episodes into The Witcher.

The animated Witcher movie was good though.

Enh the Witcher does really capture the spirit of the stories and games well at times, and just totally misses the point at others. I haven't watched the most recent bit of it, but its not awful imo, just like a lot of Netflix stuff kinda way more compromised than you'd want from a place with the money you'd expect netflix could throw at it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Witcher anime was fine because it was just the Castlevania show with a palette swap. I'm a huge Witcher fan and it didn't feel much like Witcher at all to me.

Netflix doing a Berserk show along the Linea of their Castlevania shows would definitely be something, and about the best case in this hypothetical scenario.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Probably a pipe dream but after the incredible job they did with Vinland S2 I'd love to see MAPPA get a crack at a Berserk adaptation.

Live action Berserk could theoretically be quite good but I'm convinced if it actually happened it would be dogshit.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Frankly I just want to see someone finally adapt the Slug Count arc

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Enh the Witcher does really capture the spirit of the stories and games well at times, and just totally misses the point at others. I haven't watched the most recent bit of it, but its not awful imo, just like a lot of Netflix stuff kinda way more compromised than you'd want from a place with the money you'd expect netflix could throw at it.

Last season is hit and miss as usual but better than S2. It follows an important part of the books and handles half okay and the other half stupid or weird.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1696182702997709303?t=Z0K-e0CPMrPuqm3XABOdew&s=19

I don't want to get my hopes up for whatever announcement drops but color my curious.

"yeah, you know what? gently caress this poo poo, I'm not doing this anymore"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I miss Demon Baby. He was cuter than Full Moon Kid.