Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I think people are buying them for the meme or they think it’ll be worth something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Knowing how jacksonville people are this is not a shock at all lmao

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
smh at the T-shirt company not beating them to the punch.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Clearly peninsula people love lovely football belts

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

lol Tony bought all the Jags belts

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

DogsInSpace! posted:

What song are you quoting? It’s driving me bananas as I can ALMOST hear it.

the cat came back is how i read it

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
There was also a shooting in Jacksonville recently and those events tend to draw out civic pride

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do they think the belts are bulletproof?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do they think the belts are bulletproof?

pwnage

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was 15 when Eddie died, and their handling of the whole thing (such as bringing out a MEMORIAL LOW RIDER on the following Smackdown and having someone get slammed through it) legit made me think the whole thing was a really tasteless work that was nonetheless absolutely characteristic of WWE. With that in mind, a part of me hopes they're done with Bray now.

i wrote an obituary for eddie for my high school newspaper. don’t worry, my tribute was tasteful.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

lol Tony bought all the Jags belts

Tony is gonna come out like Ultimo on dynamite.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

Tony is gonna come out like Ultimo on dynamite.

:pray:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Its going to be CM Punks new real world title belt

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So WWE is 100% going to try and run Summerslam next year in London right?

I loved Meltzers take that WWE would have difficulty beating the All In attendance record because their sets are so huge that it blocks off a lot of the stadium.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Astro7x posted:

I loved Meltzers take that WWE would have difficulty beating the All In attendance record because their sets are so huge that it blocks off a lot of the stadium.

If this years SummerSlams anything to go by they're only going to do huge sets for WrestleMania now.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the set for all in was poo poo tbh

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

I don’t know why WWE need the massive stage when it’s now just a 2000 foot tall LCD screen that has “BECKY LYNCH” doing three frames of animation

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

tony khan bought all the jaguars belts to give to wardlow as he is repackaged as "The Jacksonville Shaguar", a modern-day take on Mike Awesome's "Fat Chick Thriller" gimmick. and also Mark Henry's sexual chocolate.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
All I can imagine is the dude from The Good Place buying one of those belts instantly. Please do not respond to this post by talking about the Good Place, I've only seen up to the end of season 3.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They're all dead.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That show is where I first heard of the Jacksonville jaguars and that character has coloured my entire perception of the team and their fandom

It seems to be pretty accurate

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Derek.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Bortles?

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Suplex Liberace posted:

the cat came back is how i read it

Thank you. That was driving me crazy… Er.

DEAR RICHARD posted:

i wrote an obituary for eddie for my high school newspaper. don’t worry, my tribute was tasteful.

El Paso? Knew some friends from Juarez and El Paso that were shocked how much people from far away knew and loved Eddie Guerrero as they just figured he was THEIR guy. He was the best and now I just remembered he died at like 37. Jeez. Eddie should have gotten to stick around and had a Christian/Sting late AEW run.

I know people were hoping for more for Bray but that is why so many of us were touched by the Brodie Lee show. It was a rare love letter to a guy that was an incredible light to everyone around him and all that he was and could have been. Wish more people had that, like you guys, but I feel like you gotta temper your hopes with the company. Doesn’t make it right but it is just how it is - for now at least.

“Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.”

You guys love on your fam and check your drat heart and lungs. Stay healthy my goons. Would miss you bitches talking about Cody Rhodes, the Big Dawg and the ever hilarious downward spiral of Hunter Hearst Helmsley. Also the ever increasing amount of wrestler “x” derangement syndrome.

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Aug 29, 2023

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

At the risk of making a very tasteless reference: Bray was "well liked backstage".

Which makes the pisspoor tribute worse. A man who was loved by his friends and co-workers, is considered to be worth very little by his millionaire bosses.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

BrigadierSensible posted:

At the risk of making a very tasteless reference: Bray was "well liked backstage".

Which makes the pisspoor tribute worse. A man who was loved by his friends and co-workers, is considered to be worth very little by his millionaire bosses.

sorry dummy here what does well liked backstage mean here i can tell its an insult

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

sorry dummy here what does well liked backstage mean here i can tell its an insult

I think that's in reference to Lacey Evans being "well liked backstage" according to some idiot I won't name.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Bray tribute was lackluster because WWE is spending all their energy on implementing a new AR game in his honor leading up to Alexa Bliss' return.

Or some LORE where the spirit of The Fiend attaches to Braun.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

History Comes Inside! posted:

That show is where I first heard of the Jacksonville jaguars and that character has coloured my entire perception of the team and their fandom

It seems to be pretty accurate

Another aspect to Jaguars fans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HVQ160TF5U

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WWEBigE/status/1696299527907488179

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Take E out to the ballgame
Take E out with the crowd
Buy him some pancakes and Booty-O's
I don't care if The New Day will show
And we root,root,root for the meaty
Men who will be slapping meat
For its 1 2 3 count pinfall
And his neck's OK

Sorry if it's a bit rough

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

DogsInSpace! posted:

Thank you. That was driving me crazy… Er.

El Paso?

nope. portland.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

drat nl johnny is way shorter than i thought

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

No, that's _Ralph_ DeadMan.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1696357844658856062

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

a beautiful and sad ending to RAW, an all time ending though too, I loved the crazy rear end match they had

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah it was a pretty fun match. Becky breaking down at the end of the show really hit me.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I posted this in the "in memoriam" thread, but some people won't see it there.

https://twitter.com/solomonster/status/1696279231544590350?t=_fkH9f2nb52n08qiIW3UHw&s=19

Bray had a "weak lower part of the heart" from Covid. He was hospitalized last week because of it, and the morning of his death he was at the doctor for a follow up appointment. He was given an external defibrillator to wear in case of sudden cardiac arrest. Police found it in his car.

It's not a guarantee that the device would have saved his life even if he was wearing it, but he would have stood a better chance.

He went to his bedroom to take a nap and Jojo found him not breathing and blue. :smith: At least he went in his sleep and didn't feel any pain.

Here's the TMZ article if you want to read it.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/28/wwe-bray-wyatt-not-wearing-heart-defibrillator-time-of-death/?adid=social-tw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ugh, loving tragic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
gently caress me that's awful :(