Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I was 15 when Eddie died, and their handling of the whole thing (such as bringing out a MEMORIAL LOW RIDER on the following Smackdown and having someone get slammed through it) legit made me think the whole thing was a really tasteless work that was nonetheless absolutely characteristic of WWE. With that in mind, a part of me hopes they're done with Bray now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

“EDDIE’S IN HELL!”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I mean…they made a bunch of people wrestle in Owen Harts blood. Nothing else ever surprised me after that.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pillowpants posted:

I mean…they made a bunch of people wrestle in Owen Harts blood. Nothing else ever surprised me after that.

And then Vince pouted and snotted like a loving child when people asked him what the gently caress happened.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

So WWE is 100% going to try and run Summerslam next year in London right?

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

SatoshiMiwa posted:

So WWE is 100% going to try and run Summerslam next year in London right?

All In was just announced for Wembley next year so it'll be tricky.

Would it be possible to put WM at Twickenham assuming they can get England to have their last two 6 Nations games as visitor?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Island Nation posted:

Summerslam's at the beginning of August, if anything this would tempt WWE to do it more (try to get a bigger attendance and earlier in the month)

They announced Summerslam's location in February this year, they've got a little under 6 months to work with to book that. Only other day that's actually booked that month already is the FA Community Shield football games, which are always the 1st or 2nd Saturday that month, so they'd have to either wait to see which one's available or do a Sunday PPV again for once

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Island Nation posted:

Would it be possible to put WM at Twickenham assuming they can get England to have their last two 6 Nations games as visitor?

6 Nations is in February so unless there are unforeseen circumstances, Borthwick's band of gently caress-ups should not be occupying Twickenham.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

yea ok posted:

The warrior death was so surreal lol. 50 of us saying “wow this guy is gonna die” and then he did like 5 hours later. At least his insane wife got to co-opt an award for fake philanthropy (the way brands r going 2 win)

All these years later I'm still gobstuck that Warrior's death was just like the end of 'Walk Hard'

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1696134665940218168

https://shop.wwe.com/en/c-14082?_s=bm-WWEShop-WWEcom-NFL_Title_Belts-PR-2023 $550 for the ugliest NFL belts alive

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

you just know someone is going to buy the wwe jacksonville jaguars belt

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ah. I, a basic dad of the suburbs, now have a new thing to hang up in my "man cave". It'll sell hotcakes.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Why are these wwe licensed? you can put whatever you want on a belt, it doesn't matter

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

Ah. I, a basic dad of the suburbs, now have a new thing to hang up in my "man cave". It'll sell hotcakes.

I mean what else are replica belts for?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Why are these wwe licensed? you can put whatever you want on a belt, it doesn't matter

Because the WWE paid the NFL to be able to sell them

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

i like the absolutly bonkers look of those belts ngl. Not as a championship or a real item but to look at as a jpeg or png.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wanna see Tony Khan throw a jaguars one in the trash then unveil a custom jags big plat

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

flashy_mcflash posted:

I mean what else are replica belts for?

Carrying around cons and avoiding even sweatier marks with money in the bank briefcase replicas

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

SpeakSlow posted:

.....aaaand, the smarks came back, the very next day....

What song are you quoting? It’s driving me bananas as I can ALMOST hear it.

yea ok posted:

No this is the company that pretended to dump Paul Bearer's ashes all over the Undertaker while Bearer's family was watching in the audience, then lied about getting their permission to do it. Let's be accurate, please.

Ew. On wwe not you.

Way late to the party but sucks about Bray. Seemed like a cool enough guy and his Firefly Funhouse was about the best thing on wwe in a while. I’ve known a bunch of dudes our age that have died but really freakin hate yet more kids having to grow up without a dad. Ghosts make terrible parents.

Also sad about the Funk. He lived far longer but still, after watching Dark Side of the Ring, I hoped he would get to tell more old timey stories.

RIP to them both.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DogsInSpace! posted:

Maybe this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uR4WFPa6xuI

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

DogsInSpace! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bjjbqPAtwA

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MJeff posted:

The Terry Funk references they did do in that episode, with Cody doing the egg-sucking dog line and the Brawling Brutes doing the ladder spin spot got absolute dead silence. WWE hasn't spent their time cultivating an audience that knows anything about Terry Funk anyway.

To be Fair (tm) and Balanced (tm), CM Punk did a spinning toe hold and all of the AEW fans went "WOO!", so maybe there's room for improvement on all sides.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Suplex Liberace posted:

i like the absolutly bonkers look of those belts ngl. Not as a championship or a real item but to look at as a jpeg or png.

"Bonkers look"? They're the most basic belts I've ever seen. Literally the same template except with a team logo slapped on and some colours changed. Zero creativity went into this.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why even bother teaming up with WWE? Shoulda just stole the idea after they pitched it. WWE doesn’t own the belt makers.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Invalid Validation posted:

Why even bother teaming up with WWE? Shoulda just stole the idea after they pitched it. WWE doesn’t own the belt makers.

I suppose with the idea that WWE bought the licensing, it makes sense. WWE is essentially taking on the risk of selling the product in case it flops and the NFL makes money either way.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Suplex Liberace posted:

Some of them look good, but it all depends on the team logos and colors.

Those are probably gonna sell really well.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

They removed the jags belt

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Tony made them Jag Off

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

only one of these is marked as “Almost Gone!” and it’s the Detroit Lions one. as close as that franchise is gonna get to a title

Detroit rise up though:thurman:

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Pylons posted:

:randvince:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

lol I wonder if it’s just some weird error but I hope it’s some petty bullshit instead

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol I wonder if it’s just some weird error but I hope it’s some petty bullshit instead

they've only sold 50 so far and they're all jags belts to a "T. Khan"

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

Pylons posted:

:laugh:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
it's guaranteed petty bullshit. just not sure from which side.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Pylons posted:

They sold out apparently

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/FanaticsSupport/status/1696184376218820922

turns out the jaguars are so popular that they sold out of them first

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008