Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lucas Giolito let Trea Turner crank two (2) homers off him

Giolito sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
My hope is that Ozuna has hit enough and there are few enough years left on his contract that AA can finally con someone into taking it this offseason.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
all right that’s two in one night time to go chill or something

elentar fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Aug 29, 2023

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
https://twitter.com/chandler_rome/status/1696343452982640884?s=46&t=YuqSROOCXrcRx1gn_5vV7Q

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Alex Cora has just let a 33 year old AAA journeyman throw 84 pitches despite having never started a game only a handful of starts in the minors as a pro (and it looks like he's going to get one more inning)

The union should file a complaint

Intruder fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Aug 29, 2023

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Must have been a real shock for Altuve!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Popete posted:

:holymoley:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Did he get thrown out at home on his triple trying for an inside the parker?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Popete posted:

loving get um

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

no they're not playing the reds

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Cody Bellinger when batting down 0-2 is hitting .307 the league average is .166

That's some Joey Votto poo poo

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Popete posted:

:popeye:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Popete posted:

He was reportedly so excited he said he was never going to take his game jersey off.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I realize the writers are on strike and I stand in solidarity, but y’all gotta write new material at some point.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I realize the writers are on strike and I stand in solidarity, but y’all gotta write new material at some point.

Perhaps a creative spark will bang out a few new ideas

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I want to see what Cora's press conference was like and how he justified leaving bearclaw out there to die

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tired: Jose Altuve Jokes
Wired: Jose Altuve

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Alex Cora has just let a 33 year old AAA journeyman throw 84 pitches despite having never started a game only a handful of starts in the minors as a pro (and it looks like he's going to get one more inning)

The union should file a complaint

lol goddamn

Milovan Drecun
Apr 17, 2007
I masturbate in traffic.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

lmao

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Folks I'm sad to report that the Chicago Cubs are, as it turns out, dogshit garbage.

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

lol

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

What in the absolute gently caress is going on in Colorado?

https://twitter.com/patsmithradio/status/1696355641370042878

For those not in the GDT, two fans attempted to assault Acuna on the field. A third was stopped by security before he hit the field. Braves announcers said they all came from different directions.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Looks like it wasn't an assault, they were drunk idiots trying to hug him or something

e: Well, legally it's still an assault

LongTimeFirstTime
Sep 29, 2021

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Okay, that's pretty good, gotta admit.

So... pretty funny that after Altuve got teased in Detroit by Peña for never having a 5 hit game in his career so far and being beaten to the punch by a sophomore like himself (Peña, I mean)...

Altuve heads to Boston and proceeds to hit for the cycle instead. Way to respond so quickly, Jose!

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Intruder posted:

Looks like it wasn't an assault, they were drunk idiots trying to hug him or something

e: Well, legally it's still an assault

idk the whole three different guys from three different directions all converging at once thing is pretty scary. Feels like there was a bit more premeditation involved besides some drunk guys deciding gently caress it.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sydin posted:

idk the whole three different guys from three different directions all converging at once thing is pretty scary. Feels like there was a bit more premeditation involved besides some drunk guys deciding gently caress it.

Yeah that's a good point

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RC and Moon Pie posted:

What in the absolute gently caress is going on in Colorado?

https://twitter.com/patsmithradio/status/1696355641370042878

For those not in the GDT, two fans attempted to assault Acuna on the field. A third was stopped by security before he hit the field. Braves announcers said they all came from different directions.

I'm surprised the Rockies pay security people

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

drat lol

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

I think you can see the third guy in the background of this footage.

https://twitter.com/ChazSchneider/status/1696354208793125017

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

lol he saw security swarming and tried to do they whoops my bad thing

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:stare:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Just as a heads-up, a LOT more Twitter links nowadays are returning complete failures to load or embed, either due to the site's half-assed and haphazard transition to "X.COM", or due to it falling apart at the seams.

Either way, this is a renewed request to please copy or screenshot the content of your Twitter links rather than just posting the links themselves for the embed.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Embeds are working for me but when I click on a clip to send to my friend it just shows me a picture of a dog

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

:golfclap:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Jose Altuve is beautiful and perfect and never cheated and forgives all of you for the hate in your hearts.

Know that he loves you unconditionally and was sent to this earth only to absolve the sins of major league baseball.

That cycle was to save our souls. Bless you Jose.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sab0921 posted:

Jose Altuve is beautiful and perfect and never cheated and forgives all of you for the hate in your hearts.

Know that he loves you unconditionally and was sent to this earth only to absolve the sins of major league baseball.

That cycle was to save our souls. Bless you Jose.

I have to say, I didn't miss this gimmick

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Some Numbers posted:

I have to say, I didn't miss this gimmick

I'm sorry you are unable to experience the grace of Jose Altuve, maybe a pilgrammage to God's chosen city, Houston Texas, could provide a respite to your weary soul.

blossommirage
Nov 7, 2012

Jose Altuve does piss off Yankees fans, so I guess he's alright. The enemy of my enemy still bangs the cans, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Redeye Flight posted:

Just as a heads-up, a LOT more Twitter links nowadays are returning complete failures to load or embed, either due to the site's half-assed and haphazard transition to "X.COM", or due to it falling apart at the seams.

Either way, this is a renewed request to please copy or screenshot the content of your Twitter links rather than just posting the links themselves for the embed.

I checked to make sure the embed actually said “twitter” instead of X, I figured that was enough.