Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Can't wait to make an entire game location deck when the day comes. No location will be safe from me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Weird thing keeps happening - in playing gold conquest, I run a High Evo deck, and typically win round 1. After that, the other person concedes. I just won an infinity ticket after winning 3 different 1-game series. Are people just running gold conquest for the initial gold and quitting, or is High Evo that irritating?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Red posted:

Weird thing keeps happening - in playing gold conquest, I run a High Evo deck, and typically win round 1. After that, the other person concedes. I just won an infinity ticket after winning 3 different 1-game series. Are people just running gold conquest for the initial gold and quitting, or is High Evo that irritating?

They're giving out a lot of gold tickets and I'm sure some people don't want to play the mode

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
who needs legion

e: feeling so attacked rn

Quetzadilla fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Aug 28, 2023

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Red posted:

People are running for the initial medals. If you don't care about boosters (which you don't) and you don't care about Weeberine, then you're just trying to grind up a few thousand medals to buy the credits and gold. Gold tickets give IIRC 100 medals just for starting and you can easily get half a dozen, so that's you 20% of the way there.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Walla posted:

The only card that should do that is Kingpin.

Thinking about playing this game again. It's been a few months. Spotlight caches look like rear end.

spotlights are rear end. looks like we're stuck with them but hopefully with enough bitching they'll change them.... a few months down the road :smith:

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Last King posted:

spotlights are rear end. looks like we're stuck with them but hopefully with enough bitching they'll change them.... a few months down the road :smith:

I saw a stream where Dekster was bitching about them. When one of the biggest whales hates an aspect of the game, then something is wrong.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

I saw a stream where Dekster was bitching about them. When one of the biggest whales hates an aspect of the game, then something is wrong.

You say "everyone hates them", I hear "they bring the player base together"

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
In case anyone here happens to also want to start a Gold conquest run and just concede out for the initial medals: you can do it w/o conceding. Just start the Gold run, tap the ? on the screen, and forfeit the run. Saves you some time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

canyonero posted:

In case anyone here happens to also want to start a Gold conquest run and just concede out for the initial medals: you can do it w/o conceding. Just start the Gold run, tap the ? on the screen, and forfeit the run. Saves you some time.

Yeah but I'd rather they give someone else (me) easy wins

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I've earned more medals than I know what to do with this month just spending most of my time in Silver. The reward amounts are so much better than last month.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Those new variants coming out tomorrow look pretty good.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

2 more caches spent, Spider-man 2099 and Silver Samurai are mine.

Thus far I have spent 4 total caches and gotten zero variants, zero tokens.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

Fate Accomplice posted:

2 more caches spent, Spider-man 2099 and Silver Samurai are mine.

Thus far I have spent 4 total caches and gotten zero variants, zero tokens.

It's funny you post this because I just opened one spotlight and received that amazing Kitty Pryde variant. I wanted Silver Samurai but I'll take that no problem!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
so why is kitty pryde marrying a tiny dragon because I have that variant now alongside 2099 and the samurai

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

flatluigi posted:

so why is kitty pryde marrying a tiny dragon because I have that variant now alongside 2099 and the samurai
She's not marrying the dragon, that's her best man Lockheed!
:goonsay:

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

flatluigi posted:

I think that is Kitty Pryde and her best man Lockheed preparing for her wedding to Colossus

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Had two caches, got Wedding Kitty and Samurai. Score!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Lockheed is a very funny name for a dragon, thank you for the information

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh my god

They need a Hipp Fan Club motto

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

I’ve been trying to save gold but that one was too goddamn great to pass up.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god

Hipp To Be Square

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

The cashes in the season pass, are not the same as the spotlight cashes right?

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god

This one got me too, I used my login bonus gold and season pass gold for it. The face is so good.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Does everyone get the same shop options? Mine has that Zola too. The first time I've ever seen it

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hobo Clown posted:

Does everyone get the same shop options? Mine has that Zola too. The first time I've ever seen it

It just came out.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey I also got Zola today, must be a new release

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Upgrading it got me the Hipp Omega Red, too :hehe:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god

The only reason I didn't buy that is because I have the Civil War variant and just got it in gold with red krackle.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
i have Chibi Arnim Zola and now it just feels like Dan Hipp Arnim Zola At Home :(

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Opopanax posted:

Oh my god

woke up and hit conquest hard to buy the gold reward to get me to 700 to buy this.

I hate playing Zola but that variant is hot

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I love playing Zola but SD has seen fit to add yet another Zola disabler in the form of silver samurai

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

i have Chibi Arnim Zola and now it just feels like Dan Hipp Arnim Zola At Home :(

Yeah, I've been rocking Chibi AZ for a while, even splitting him a few times, but this one was too good to pass up. The colors really pop when he's on the board.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Dan Hipp Zola is sick as hell but I just bought the Civil War variant. Did grab the Picnic Moon Girl to go with my Picnic Devil Dino that I got as one of my very first variants back in pool 1 :3:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I have Pixel Zola and I run that exclusively to piss off pixel haters.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

My free premium variant is... Dan Hipp Bast. Which looks fun, but I don't really use that card much.

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Opened one spotlight cache and get Silver Samurai! Nice!

I need Kitty and I have two caches left, but one-in-three odds are loving dire. Might just buy her with tokens.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Hobo Clown posted:

My free premium variant is... Dan Hipp Bast. Which looks fun, but I don't really use that card much.

It's one of a handful of good Hipps along with Killmonger and BP. His style lends itself well to African theming.

I got Kim Jacinto Knull, which I don't like at all.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I got Max grecke vision which is good enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Hobo Clown posted:

If you like it, get it, you won't see it again for another 3 months