Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Eminent domain all the land and give them a dollar to go gently caress themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Pine Cone Jones posted:

Eminent domain all the land and give them a dollar to go gently caress themselves.

Guarantee it has less public transportation than disney world

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Oh yeah I listen to comedy podcasts based in LA & sounds like it used to be fairly common to have an annual pass maybe a decade ago as it got used enough to be a decent value, especially for single young people living nearby who can get there during off peak months. Seems like the prices/lines are up enough it’s not as popular now among that crowd.

Prices are up but more importantly you can no longer just show up with an annual pass. You have to book entry in advance and only on “non peak days”, and only if too many other pass holders haven’t already signed up. That means that you can’t, for example, just have a dinner date at one of the nice themed restaurants and maybe catch one of the parades without planning potentially months in advance.

Just look at the best way they can pitch it on their marketing: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/passes/

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Coasterphreak posted:

Have they heard of California City

"this time will be different!"

Milo and POTUS posted:

Guarantee it has less public transportation than disney world

...as in probably worse

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Well yes, it's farmland and mountains.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

They could defray expenses by using it as the set of a reality TV show where they make a bunch of fresh out of school techbros and a bunch of Air Force E-2s live together in the planned city and film the results.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
Florida is a place where a handful of friends live and yeah, they're feeling the squeeze. None of them want to be there but what do you do when rent goes up and wages don't?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

To build a city in Solano County! Insanity. But where else could we be free from the clutching hand of the Parasites? Where else could we build an economy that they would not try to control, a society that they would not try to destroy? It was not impossible to build Rapture in Solano County. It was impossible to build it anywhere else.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Zamujasa posted:

Florida is a place where a handful of friends live and yeah, they're feeling the squeeze. None of them want to be there but what do you do when rent goes up and wages don't?

Hit Da Bricks!

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Zamujasa posted:

Joining the Army is what got me out of Florida, best choice I ever made. But I got lucky and got stationed in Washington.

Never would have been able to afford to leave off the meager wages I was paid by every job I ever had in FL.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/raleighwx/status/1696196957071347816

They call this the ‘Crazy Ivan’.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh gently caress off.

At least 1000+ MB qualifies as "maybe not as bad".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
GFS is not built to model tropical storms.

This leads it to produce scenarios that are interesting but not likely.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

I like the ones where GFS seems to hit some kind of 0 and spits out a central pressure of like 870mb

edit: I think that’s always the mesoscale models, GFS still does fun stuff with hurricanes that are vaguely plausible.

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 28, 2023

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
Joe the plumber dead.

Zeke the plumber continues his reign of terror unabated.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Godholio posted:

Well yes, it's farmland and mountains.

That area between like Green Valley and Vacaville, northwest of 80 I'm assuming? I'm trying to make it make sense but Davis is right there if you insist on a liberal utopia, everything else is Ag and they hate everything those people represent. Theres not even real public transport to the rest of the bay, you have to go to Vallejo to hit the ferry or try to catch BART somewhere.

EVERYTHING THAT DIRECTION IS SMALL CAUSE ITS A PAIN TO COMMUTE TO ANYWHERE THAT MATTERS!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Wrong Theory posted:

Joe the plumber dead.

Zeke the plumber continues his reign of terror unabated.

Ah yes, Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher, who was neither named Joe nor a plumber. One wonders if he was ever even a "the".

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Ah yes, Samuel "Joe the Plumber" Wurzelbacher, who was neither named Joe nor a plumber. One wonders if he was ever even a "the".

His middle name was Joseph, wasn't it?

stackofflapjacks
Apr 7, 2009

Mmmmm

lightpole posted:

That area between like Green Valley and Vacaville, northwest of 80 I'm assuming? I'm trying to make it make sense but Davis is right there if you insist on a liberal utopia, everything else is Ag and they hate everything those people represent. Theres not even real public transport to the rest of the bay, you have to go to Vallejo to hit the ferry or try to catch BART somewhere.

EVERYTHING THAT DIRECTION IS SMALL CAUSE ITS A PAIN TO COMMUTE TO ANYWHERE THAT MATTERS!

My wife and I lived in SF for a year with her family right before COVID. She got a job in Cow Hollow at a fancy coffee roaster...and one of her coworkers would commute in from Sacramento. I still can't fathom that except that you are maybe making enough in a rich AF area for it to balance out? But jeez doing a 3-4 hour commute daily is poke-my-eyes out awful sounding. She grew up in Fairfield and her parents would commute to the Bay back in the 90s 00s, worse traffic nowadays but it's the only place sorta affordable if you want a yard and a little parcel. So it's exploding all the time

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Platystemon posted:

Which is more accurate between GFS and Euro? Even though it's not modeled to, I'm wondering if the GFS has the "blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then" principle applied to it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

GFS has more entertaining outliers. Euro usually does better with hurricane tracks. Intensity is still pretty imprecise.

Wonder Free
Jun 19, 2006

Throw some D's..
For intensity forecast there’s a few specialized models. HWRF has been the big one for the past decade https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/?model=hwrf&region=10L&pkg=ref&runtime=2023082818&fh=69

HMON and HAFS are newer I think, I don’t remember as much about them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

TX national guard getting into it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-national-guard-disbanded-intelligence-100000960.html

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-national-guard-member-allegedly-233803621.html

Running a weird illegal intel operation and also shooting a mexican from across the border.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Coasterphreak posted:

Have they heard of California City

Did California City have blockchain? Thought not. :thunk:

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Did California City have blockchain? Thought not. :thunk:

Sure, they chained together block after worthless block. They didn’t even need computers to do it!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

That Works posted:

TX national guard getting into it.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-national-guard-disbanded-intelligence-100000960.html

https://news.yahoo.com/texas-national-guard-member-allegedly-233803621.html

Running a weird illegal intel operation and also shooting a mexican from across the border.

quote:

Also Saturday evening, a man on the Mexican side said he heard gunshots and was struck in the leg near the Bridge of the Americas.

The man told reporters in Juarez, Mexico, that border agents shot him from the U.S. side.

Border Patrol agents fired upon from Mexico

Border Report contacted U.S. Border Patrol officials in El Paso, who said the incident involved the Texas National Guard and referred any inquiries to the Texas National Guard and the Texas Department of Public Safety

Somebody tell Abbott that to instigate war with Mexico you need to patrol areas that are claimed by Mexico and then when you take casualties use that as the casus belli.

…on second thought, don’t.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
If you have a lawsuit against 3M because of the combat earplugs, it looks like the fight is finally coming to a middle.

https://www.wsj.com/business/3m-settlement-earplug-veteran-hearing-loss-26a3038f

3M's board has authorized a $6 billion settlement. There are about 260,000 lawsuits over this and while folk with more damaged hearing will get more than folk with just tinnitus, I think I'm going to end up with enough to leave happy.

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

McNally posted:

If you have a lawsuit against 3M because of the combat earplugs, it looks like the fight is finally coming to a middle.

https://www.wsj.com/business/3m-settlement-earplug-veteran-hearing-loss-26a3038f

3M's board has authorized a $6 billion settlement. There are about 260,000 lawsuits over this and while folk with more damaged hearing will get more than folk with just tinnitus, I think I'm going to end up with enough to leave happy.

WHAT?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

"You know you're supposed to hit the button when you hear the tone."
"I am aware of that"

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine
But doc, when my tinnitus is acting up, I can only hear tone!

ardiem
Apr 26, 2022

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk
https://terminallance.com/2019/04/05/terminal-lance-541-tone-deaf/

Edit: wow that was table-breakingly big, you get the link instead.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

what was it this time

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Again???

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

what was it this time

Eurofighter Typhoon manual.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Da.7 Typhoon

Edit: beaten

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Milo and POTUS posted:

what was it this time

Eurofighter Typhoon DA7, Italy's version. It's not even in the game, someone posted the classified manual in a bid to convince the devs to put the plane in the game.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
also a good one

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Someone in the idiots thread said that the leak happened and was reported in the press several
years ago.

I’d need a spreadsheet to keep track of the incidents at this point though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/EFisherWX/status/1696569999282893027