Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Chinatown posted:

id definitely do this as long as i could down a six pack of lovely asian lager right before

Looks like it might end up running down your leg if this guy is any indicator.

Harry_Potato fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Aug 29, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

No fuckin thank you.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

What other countries think a crossfit gym is like?

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

lol at the hose. On no, what are you gonna do? Threaten me with a good time? Now get my back.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Orvin posted:

Did someone really think “kids have fun on a ropes course 10 feet in the air. I bet they will have 100x the fun 1000 feet in the air.”

let's just say there's government incentive to have these "skybridge" style attractions in cities, but there is zero incentive to make them safe.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://i.imgur.com/9EDhucl.mp4

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Canadian ninja warrior looking good

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

this one is slightly more polite about it

https://i.imgur.com/kUsT815.mp4

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Winklebottom posted:

this one is slightly more polite about it

https://i.imgur.com/kUsT815.mp4

Good dog

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

https://i.imgur.com/xq4oFup.gifv

The first, like, 2 seconds :stare:

(This video seems familiar, maybe to this thread, but I don’t remember that first moment, good god)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Did they throw it into the propellers??

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

There Bias Two posted:

Did they throw it into the propellers??

that's indeed the stern of the boat but the shark almost definitely dodged the props by a good 6 feet, lots of room back there

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah the propellers are underneath the boat by a bit, otherwise it could chew up the nets, don't want that.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Aug 29, 2023

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

wiegieman posted:

Every single helicopter pilot is a maniac until proven otherwise.

My dad knew a guy that crashed a helicopter in the Middle East, crashed a helicopter working for the state police, then crashed a helicopter working for life flight, and then was trying to get a group together to buy a R44 to fly recreationally.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Who can blame him, it's a safe and legal thrill

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/O0M4x6W.mp4

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

tactlessbastard posted:

My dad knew a guy that crashed a helicopter in the Middle East, crashed a helicopter working for the state police, then crashed a helicopter working for life flight, and then was trying to get a group together to buy a R44 to fly recreationally.

My dads friend told me the Earth keeps eating his helicopters so I asked how many helicopters he has and he said he just goes to the helicopter dealer and gets a new helo afterwards so I said it sounds like he’s just feeding rotorcraft to the ground and then his daughter started crying.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

tactlessbastard posted:

I feel like there have to be more stories about this guy.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
most people can't even survive one helicopter crash, you've gotta be pretty skilled to survive three!

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

That yellow cone is doing a lot of work

ReelBigLizard posted:

My dads friend told me the Earth keeps eating his helicopters so I asked how many helicopters he has and he said he just goes to the helicopter dealer and gets a new helo afterwards so I said it sounds like he’s just feeding rotorcraft to the ground and then his daughter started crying.

lol

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
I mean, helicopters crash all the time, it takes skill to crash one AND survive, which more likely means they crashed due to engine issues and he successfully executed an autorotation landing, which is pretty good.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

canyoneer posted:

2,000 lbs with jaws that could crush a human skull like a peanut shell. That sea lion will not be forced to do anything, the hose and sticks are mere suggestions.

:stare: look at how much the boat heels when it slides over. I dont think they'll capsize when if the sea lion decides to leave, but it must be a pucker factor moment for the hands on board

:golfclap: I've never seen a wellfuckler

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I've read that very few salmons actually get through the fish steps.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

PROTIP: if you own a helicopter over a year without crashing at least once, you aren't flying it enough. Crashes are a natural part of flying helicopters, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and negligent discharges are part of handling weapons. I crash several times a year because I actually FLY and know how to USE my helicopter. It makes me a better helicopter pilot and navigator, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle. Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your hand on the collective and pointing the helicopter wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the aircraft. Taking time to check whether the helicopter is air worthy whenever you fly one will serve to make you hesitate in an autorotation scenario. You loving safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this loving "crash" shaming. Helicopters are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Who can blame him, it's a safe and legal thrill

You're half right

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

I feel like there have to be more stories about this guy.

There probably are but he passed out of our orbit when we declined to buy into his ‘get me another helicopter to crash’ scheme.

Harry_Potato
May 21, 2021

Say hello to "Santa's Little helper"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/xrlKLNa.mp4

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Bad Munki posted:

PROTIP: if you own a helicopter over a year without crashing at least once, you aren't flying it enough. Crashes are a natural part of flying helicopters, just like tweaking your back is part of weightlifting and negligent discharges are part of handling weapons. I crash several times a year because I actually FLY and know how to USE my helicopter. It makes me a better helicopter pilot and navigator, and it's a small part of the price you pay in the sheepdog lifestyle. Simple fact is, the "safety mentality" will build mental blocks in your head that will get you killed. You need to be comfortable putting your hand on the collective and pointing the helicopter wherever you want no matter the time, place, or status of the aircraft. Taking time to check whether the helicopter is air worthy whenever you fly one will serve to make you hesitate in an autorotation scenario. You loving safety idiots are going to get people killed all because of this loving "crash" shaming. Helicopters are inherently dangerous, you need to accept it.

:yeah:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

I should call him

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah my dad walked away from 2 heli crashes fine when he was a door gunner in the Army

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Aug 29, 2023

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Eeyo posted:

The first pottery wheels were more of just aids during building pots rather than wheel throwing. The pots were made by coil building and you could turn the pot around to speed up production. True thrown pots came roughly a millennium after the first potter's wheel.

Apparently the building aid was called a "puki" by Native Americans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgf95MuakRs
The whole channel is interesting.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

fins posted:

lol at the hose. On no, what are you gonna do? Threaten me with a good time? Now get my back.
it looks like getting squirt in the eyes is unpleasant enough to get it to move. it doesn't seem to attribute it to the little human holding the hose and directing its big fat body at him

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Orvin posted:

Did someone really think “kids have fun on a ropes course 10 feet in the air. I bet they will have 100x the fun 1000 feet in the air.”

Yes and I want to go

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I have heard oil workers from Aberdeen call helicopters "ariel coffins" semi jokingly on more than one occasion.

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

Drone_Fragger posted:

I have heard oil workers from Aberdeen call helicopters "ariel coffins" semi jokingly on more than one occasion.

Do you mean aerial, or are they shoving mermaids into helicopters and y'know what I don't want to know

Smik
Mar 18, 2014

RDM posted:

Canadian ninja warrior looking good

We just call them logdrivers up here. They please their girls completely.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

democrasea manifeast

lmao

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I just noticed in the sea lion video a dog in the lower left corner at the beginning who very wisely makes himself scarce. Don't even risk barking at the dog mermaid monster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Buffalo Rider sequel looking good.