Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.howtogeek.com/764859/what-is-a-magnet-link-and-how-do-you-use-one/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Yeah it's basically an RSS feed your torrenting client uses to download episodes.

Ah, thanks.

I was hoping for the latter. I miss the days of all the podcast client compatible RSS feeds.

Congrats to everyone now able to listen to Blowback, though.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

only a few minutes in, this season of blowback is already sickening, angering, and devastating

cannot believe that Brave Mujahideen is fake

it's like "mmm hungwy", it wasn't literally correct but spiritually spot-on

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The new E1 episode that’s just dueling disgusting Jack Nicholson stories is extremely good.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

Shipon posted:

it's like "mmm hungwy", it wasn't literally correct but spiritually spot-on

Or Trump hissing like a snake

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
to be fair, the “brave mujahideen” and the real version both say the same thing, one is just slightly more euphemistic

the movie is about mujahideen and the “gallant people” is referring to the mujahideen.
they weren’t referring to the people in the cities who were rightly terrified of the “freedom fighters”, or other communist sympathetic elements of the population.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the gallant people of afghanistan were the reactionary ogres that america invariably loves.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I'm a reactionary ogre :shrug:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

I kind of like the Chapo live episodes. The Montreal one repeated a most of material from the Toronto one but its saved by Matt doing several angry rants where he demands someone kill themselves "but I must stress this, in Minecraft".

they’re much better than they used to be. der fonkybeatz is a bottom five ep for sure

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

theres a japanese martial arts movie thats on only in one public tracker and they dont do magnet links, it's an international crime

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i dont watch podcasts but what is the rationale behind hosting them on torrents

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

Palladium posted:

i dont watch podcasts but what is the rationale behind hosting them on torrents

:filez:

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's like the blockchain but for :filez:

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sometime an episode will be taken down because the guest is / becomes “problematic”, this way you will forever have it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

doing dead drops in the local park to spread copies of the ken jeong blackface episode of community

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

i say swears online posted:

doing dead drops in the local park to spread copies of the ken jeong blackface episode of community

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Blowback feels like it took a lot more effort to make than the other lefty podcasts i listen to.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Blowback feels like it took a lot more effort to make than the other lefty podcasts i listen to.

drat, you think?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
really? I got the impression they were just winging it

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

mcmagic posted:

I thought Pod Save America had pretty good production values?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
stav says blowback never prepared for an episode

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

stav says blowback never prepared for an episode

stav would know about blowing backs out

his own lmao he's fat

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
he’s loving fat as poo poo :D

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Western Kabuki is a new podcast by some people from left twitter. They're releasing an episode where they interview one of the Krassenstein brothers, who got so bothered he posted a reply to the episode before it even went live. Elon responded to the Krassenstein damage control post.
https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1696207068510716202

I've listened to a few eps and it's a pretty meh podcast overall. they really want to have that Chapo "guys hanging out" vibe, but none of them are charismatic enough to make it fun.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

crepeface posted:

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

crepeface posted:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
hey does blowback S4 talk about how India was involved in afghanistan?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Euphoriaphone posted:

Western Kabuki is a new podcast by some people from left twitter. They're releasing an episode where they interview one of the Krassenstein brothers, who got so bothered he posted a reply to the episode before it even went live. Elon responded to the Krassenstein damage control post.
https://twitter.com/JUNlPER/status/1696207068510716202

I've listened to a few eps and it's a pretty meh podcast overall. they really want to have that Chapo "guys hanging out" vibe, but none of them are charismatic enough to make it fun.

Western Kabuki is @AGoldmund
@BirdRespecter
@JUNlPER
@WhackNicholson
. A show about what's going on online

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

theyre starting drama to promote their own podcast, thats probably one of the pathetic th ings ive ever seen

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

AnimeIsTrash posted:

theyre starting drama to promote their own podcast, thats probably one of the pathetic th ings ive ever seen

that's like basically every mid to low tier podcast tho

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

theres already a twitter podcast, blocked party ith stefan heck -_-

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Western Kabuki is @AGoldmund
@BirdRespecter
@JUNlPER
@WhackNicholson
. A show about what's going on online

where's the patreon sign me right up. highest tier.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

A show about what's going on online

Oh, good!

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Tankbuster posted:

hey does blowback S4 talk about how India was involved in afghanistan?

A little bit, but mostly about how Pakistan used funding militants as a way to counter act India's influence

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

No way, every episode of ALAB requires literally thousands of manhours for podcast production and defamation litigation services.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

PostNouveau posted:

No way, every episode of ALAB requires literally thousands of manhours for podcast production and defamation litigation services.

lol

vanishedimam posted:

when people ask about our awful release schedule or why we don't monetize this is exactly why. people have still called my job (and sued us) anyway even though we keep it incredibly low profile

also lol this was their last episode almost a year ago:

vanishedimam posted:

Just recorded part one this morning with Andy and Charles! I expect this one to run 6 parts at least (and yes we are collaborating with the Knowledge Fight guys)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

crepeface posted:

also lol this was their last episode almost a year ago:
lol rip

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

crepeface posted:

he doesnt even fit in thumbnails anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Lol Trashfuture has an interview today with an obvious spook about why liberal states do "illiberal things"