Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like garrod as a character but i wish he got more development. weird comparison (especially since it came after) but if you look at a similar character in like zidane in ff9 he has that whole moment of doubt towards the end and chills out as the game goes on but garrod gets like, slightly more responsible? realizes he loves tiffa? its not a lot to work with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Nessus posted:

Yeah, but they were antagonists (or at best a deuteragonist in Riddhe's case), I'm thinking for the main pilot of the Gundam.

That or the dolphin Newtype.

Gundam X movie with a full psychoframe mobile suit with a partially water filled cockpit. RX-0 Unit 4 Nessie.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Gaius Marius posted:

Johnny Mnemonic Hacker Dolphin> Soul Hackers Cyber Dolphin who steals your sister's soul > Pink Newtype Dolphin imo.

I abide by this ranking.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Gaius Marius posted:

Johnny Mnemonic Hacker Dolphin> Soul Hackers Cyber Dolphin who steals your sister's soul > Pink Newtype Dolphin imo.

where does franz from xenogears fall on this important ranking

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1694998058109378932?t=B26FF3kVPI5BzBAH82mldA&s=19

I'm sorry I just can't with this guy.

I sell mobile suits and mobile suit accessories.

His head looks about 35% too large for his body

Also on the Gundam X talk I've mentioned this before but I'll always give it some points for having antagonist suits that lean more in GM aesthetics than the Zeon ones that most series go with

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Kzinssie_/status/1695310714649596051?s=20

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

holy poo poo lol

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
But seriously why is Banrise putting the Battlelogue stuff up to a Kickstarter campaign? It's not like they're hurting for cash they could have financed this thing themselves if they wanted to. It feels like a project they have zero faith in so they'd rather blame its failure on a lack of kickstarter support rather than invest their own money into the project, in which case I'd ask why they even bothered.

It also makes me winder what kind of funding they provided to Erasmus for his CGI Zaku series or if that was also paid out of pocket and Banrise just gave it an official license.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think this is more Legendary's idea, testing the waters of Gundam comics and Bamco going "well you gotta do a kickstarter so we know people want it"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Waffleman_ posted:

I think this is more Legendary's idea, testing the waters of Gundam comics and Bamco going "well you gotta do a kickstarter so we know people want it"

What’s odd is that the reward tiers aren’t great. 40 bucks for the book is on the steep side considering what they’ve shown off, and then for another 60 dollars on top of that you also get a print of the cover art and three wonky looking pins.

I like Builder Battlogue, I was totally ready to spend too much money on a box of Breaker Battlogue merch. But they won’t even sell me reasonably priced tat!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1695951626584895547?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Better a lost soul encountered in space than one weight down by gravity.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Johnny Ridden is the Dash Rendar of Gundam (complimentary) (also derogatory)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

Johnny Ridden is the Dash Rendar of Gundam (complimentary) (also derogatory)

That's an insult to Dash's shoulder tyres.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Yeah, everyone knows his real name is Led Wayline.

His mom still lives in Ohio!

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

I appreciate the "One Year War red Zaku guy" synergy where you learn Gundam exists, and then discover "Char" is pronounced with a soft ch, then you learn Johnny Ridden exists, and then you discover it's pronounced "Raiden".

1st Stage Midboss fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Aug 28, 2023

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002

1st Stage Midboss posted:

then you learn Johnny Ridden exists, and then you discover it's pronounced "Raiden".

Absolutely not. I refuse.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Johnny's Ridin'

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Jojoen_Tankroad/status/1695979638600970284?t=fjSl1cL6fpho1shcjOc2qg&s=19

I dont know what this is but Heero and Riddhe give me life.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

1st Stage Midboss posted:

I appreciate the "One Year War red Zaki guy" synergy where you learn Gundam exists, and then discover "Char" is pronounced with a soft ch, then you learn Johnny Ridden exists, and then you discover it's pronounced "Raiden".

Yes yes, the eternal curse of the English.

Also, as someone who is somewhat fond of the 00 movie, I am eagerly awaiting the reactions to the seed movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/SEED_HDRP/status/1693548497377604086?s=20

jesus

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What the gently caress

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

These character designs kinda feel like a series of NFTs lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i think i'm going to have to see that in motion before i truly believe it's real

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is the person in charge of the twitter account quietly photoshopping everyone's heads larger and wondering when their boss is gonna notice

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

maybe they're trying to gradually ease the audience into the upcoming SD sequel to the movie

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why do they seem so inexplicably proud of these character designs?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Yamato?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Short king

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
They all look like they have hydrocephalus and no one one in the CE timeline bothered to fix it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

When your Mom dresses you nice for a formal function. And expects you to be on your best behaviour!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Someone please properly hem those pants.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Do you think he wears his collar up like that to hide his absurdly long neck?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This isn't a clone. This is a loving hobbit.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

This movie is going to be awful top to bottom, and still make an inexplicable amount of money because it's Seed, isn't it?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

You guys need to rewatch Seed, it's not bad. It's nowhere near as bad as you guys have built up in your heads.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If it is like anything else SEED the character art is only vaguely going to resemble what actually shows up onscreen.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
It's not bad, but it is very boring and ugly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

that's a baby in an adult costume and you can't convince me otherwise