Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1696557440257478671

Dude aren't you busy with stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Texas National Guard in El Paso shoots a man in Mexico for being in the general vicinity of the border.

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/08/28/texas-national-guard-shoots-mexican-citizen-border/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

send the bombers, amlo. my people yearn for freedom

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Dude aren't you busy with stuff

Calvin & HoBuzz

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
He's California Hober

Jake Gittes
Jul 11, 2006

me irl
It's funny because Washington Ho quit drinking but is selling weed in a can.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

https://twitter.com/NewsForrest/status/1696516511446311307?s=20

I cannot wait for this impeachment trial to actually start.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lay down marker time:
1. Removed from office?
2. Barred from future office?

I say yes to both on supermajorities.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/drdrbrockman/status/1696514323344965687

Oh for sure, I bet they just don't know what to do

They squared that circle with Trump, it'll be trivial to do with Paxton IF they really want to.

zoux posted:

Lay down marker time:
1. Removed from office?

Agreed plus disbarred.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fully convicted, pardoned on Jan 20th, 2025, confirmed as US attorney general on Jan 21st

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Imagine doing this and not dropping Buzbee's own DUI and mugshot.

Who are these people and kind of politckin' are they doing.

Jesus III
May 23, 2007
I just want my dad to apologize for voting for the pecker head TWICE even though he laughed and said he knew he was a liar and a crook.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The Ken Paxton thing is hilarious because he got impeached by Republicans in Texas. Democrats hate him, and now other Republicans are sick of him. There's no one left to give a poo poo about his persecution sob story.

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

Sab0921 posted:

Imagine doing this and not dropping Buzbee's own DUI and mugshot.

Who are these people and kind of politckin' are they doing.
I know nothing about mary nan huffman other than she was a police union attorney and her name is "mary nan", but on the surface that sounds like exactly the type of politician to be hollering about EVIL WEED DRINKS rather than risk alienating the well-to-do DUI arrestees that make up a small but critical component of her republican constituency

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

there's a big sign in my town saying so-and-so voted along with the Demoncrats to impeach Paxton, I assume an attempt by a crazy person to primary the impeachment voter

politicians are scum lmao

there's also a good crazy house scrawled with flat earther poo poo, I'll try to get a picture of it

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bannon had some Paxton surrogate on last week calling out six very conservative Republicans by name and threatening to primary them, which is not the sort of thing you do if you think it's going well for you.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Blotto_Otter posted:

I know nothing about mary nan huffman other than she was a police union attorney and her name is "mary nan", but on the surface that sounds like exactly the type of politician to be hollering about EVIL WEED DRINKS rather than risk alienating the well-to-do DUI arrestees that make up a small but critical component of her republican constituency

the post did say that Harris is the #1 county for DUI crashes which conveniently leaves out per-capita statistics

i say swears online fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 29, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1696235397674844280

rip

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Colt did OK for himself, imo. Better than Vince, though Vince got hosed by his HC.

Oh and if Bama hadn't cheated and injured him on purpose UT would've won that natty

Bipartisan consensus on Dallas

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 29, 2023

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

Oh and if Bama hadn't cheated and injured him on purpose UT would've won that natty

:hmmyes:

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
All of those are safe cities to live and visit if you're white :ssh:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

zoux posted:

Lay down marker time:
1. Removed from office?

Also yes to both.

zoux posted:

Colt did OK for himself, imo. Better than Vince, though Vince got hosed by his HC.

Literally no city where Republicans feel safer. They should have thrown in Amarillo or Branson, Missouri.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Blotto_Otter posted:

Ridiculous that you do not have in depth knowledge of Houston's Councilmember from District G, elected in a special election to replace the outgoing CM who came in like 4th place in a state rep primary.

She represents about 200k people and won with an overwhelming mandate from 4,551 voters.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Sab0921 posted:

She represents about 200k people and won with an overwhelming mandate from 4,551 voters.

was that her margin or raw total

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

zoux posted:

Anything that is a red flag on mental health is basically a career ender, which is a real shame. Easier than getting someone help, I guess.

zoux posted:

It is interesting that messaging DOES work on both parties by the way the relative shape is consistent.

LanceHunter posted:

Literally no city where Republicans feel safer. They should have thrown in Amarillo or Branson, Missouri.

It has nothing to do with the people who live in the cities, but national perspective on how safe they are, so it is unsurprising since they do not really live in large cities.

DuckHuntDog fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Aug 29, 2023

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

i say swears online posted:

was that her margin or raw total

That was her vote total - there was 8,451 ballots cast.

Her margin over 2nd place was 2,034.

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

i say swears online posted:

fully convicted, pardoned on Jan 20th, 2025, confirmed as US attorney general on Jan 21st

God dammit now this is going to actually happen, I know it.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/tlangford/status/1696526568829723001

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/bradj_tx/status/1696926520588091629?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

Death Star bill ends like the Death Star

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

The death star remained a fully functional space station after its first defeat

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It was exploded

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jokes posted:

The death star remained a fully functional space station after its first defeat

It pretty famously did not.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

The evil guy at the top immediately appeals for it to be built again?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The Empire did not win the Star Wars dipshits

leper khan
Dec 28, 2010
Honest to god thinks Half Life 2 is a bad game. But at least he likes Monster Hunter.

Chieves posted:

The evil guy at the top immediately appeals for it to be built again?

No need to appeal, just push through HB2127-2

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

The Empire did not win the Star Wars dipshits

disney just cancelled Andor S2 for tax reasons

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's actually too mean for me not to clarify I'm joking

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Disney would be burned to the ground if they did that.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Andor s2 will have weekly episodes. They'll take each episode down for tax reasons before putting the next one up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://preply.com/en/blog/friendliest-cities-in-america/

Austin is voted the friendliest city, and other Texas cities follow close behind. San Antonio and El Paso join Austin in America’s five friendliest cities. On the west coast, San Diego ranks as the friendliest city in California.

The cities considered the least friendly are Philadelphia, Seattle, and Boston.

insane