Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I got Hydra variant Crossbones :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Hobo Clown posted:

My free premium variant is... Dan Hipp Bast. Which looks fun, but I don't really use that card much.

Dan Hipp Black Widow. I also bought the Hipp Zola in the shop today.

I'm this close to all all Hipp deck, though it would have no synergy and be God-awful. I think I've got like 9 or 10 Hipp cards.

Got to the last match of the last battle of Infinity conquest and lost...god drat that's frustrating. I don't care that much, but it is annoying getting that close and failing the ENTIRE conquest track.

Especially since it was one of those times where the other person's deck made no sense*, but I was getting such bad draw + location, and they were getting good draw and location (there was a turn with Orchis Forge, that I had to play on due to other location restrictions and they also played Master Mold, so I got no draw next couple turns.)

*it was a weird Ronan + Surfer deck. The cards I recall seeing were:
Armor
Cosmo
Master Mold
Silver Surfer
Brood
Maximus
Legion
Ronan
Iron Lad
Absorbing Man

Not sure what else there was, I think those are all the cards I saw.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

my premium was Rock He-Kim's Ultron

I love ultron and now have 3 variants + base, but I don't play him anymore.

Getting ultron as my first S3 card made the grind so much easier.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Dragonshirt posted:

Opened one spotlight cache and get Silver Samurai! Nice!

I need Kitty and I have two caches left, but one-in-three odds are loving dire. Might just buy her with tokens.

I always wondered when this would start to happen. Kitty is so insanely good and it kinda rules now that they gave her to so many of us for free.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Grabbed pixel bro and hipp AZ. Almost didn't get zola because I have the pixel zola which looks ridiculous but couldn't help my self. Should only take a split or two to get a gold one

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

FlamingLiberal posted:

I got Hydra variant Crossbones :effort:

I earned the anime Wolverine from the Conquest shop, then went to my inbox for the premium variant - and pulled the Weapon X Wolverine variant. :smith:

(edit: I like them both, but immediately pulling Weapon X guarantees I'll never play anime Wolverine)

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Red posted:

(edit: I like them both, but immediately pulling Weapon X guarantees I'll never play anime Wolverine)

GOOD!

Anime Wolverine is God-awful.

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Baby Spidey 2099 from the PC Launch mystery, Rinciani Rhino from Conquest mystery (he's ok but I never use him) but bought the Hipp Zola to compensate

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
If you were to start today and decide you wanted to pay your way to be s3 complete it would cost you about $3000 more or less if you maximized efficiency

That is unless there's a limit to paying gold for upgrades

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Snazzy Frocks posted:

If you were to start today and decide you wanted to pay your way to be s3 complete it would cost you about $3000 more or less if you maximized efficiency

I believe there's a daily cap, yes.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I'll sell you my S3 complete account for $2900.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm
I got my first golden variant, which is crazy because I'm pretty sure I've never had an inked one even!

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Gold is available after 4 splits, Inked is 5.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I always thought it was the other way around because I have 7-8 inks and only 1 gold

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got "kid variant" Maximus from the daily login. I just learned that "kid variant" is a thing.

edit: It's only a thing with Maximus.

cinnamon rollout
Jun 12, 2001

The early bird gets the worm

Fartington Butts posted:

I got "kid variant" Maximus from the daily login. I just learned that "kid variant" is a thing.

edit: It's only a thing with Maximus.

That's the one I got too, the way they get super specific about naming some variants is interesting. I just saw a blade variant that I guess was a version of the thing? It was called "young thing variant"

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I think it's supposed to be a version of Man-Thing actually? Like it's Blade wearing him as armour.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Bucky Barnes "side car" variant

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Reek posted:

I always thought it was the other way around because I have 7-8 inks and only 1 gold

It is the other way around

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

As suspected, I do have enough Hipp variants to make an entirely Hipp deck, but...uh...it wouldn't do so good.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Wasn't sure I wanted Silver Samurai but next month is all cards I have or 3,000 token things I want so I opened up a cage experimentally and got it in one.

Threw together a Zabu "Good Cards" deck by swapping out the Dark Hawk package and Silver Samurai seems like a solid addition to that archetype. Having a second, predictable way to turn on Stature is pretty good.

quote:

# (2) Angela
# (2) Mirage
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Silk
# (4) Ghost Rider
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (4) Miles Morales
# (4) Silver Samurai
# (5) Stature
# (5) Black Bolt
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQW5nZWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJaYWJ1In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaXJhZ2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbGsifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkplZmZUaGVCYWJ5TGFuZFNoYXJrIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNaWxlc01vcmFsZXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNpbHZlclNhbXVyYWkifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkVuY2hhbnRyZXNzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmxhY2tCb2x0In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdGF0dXJlIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHaG9zdFJpZGVyIn1dfQ==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Haha, had an opponent find out the hard way you don't want to Zola a Taskmaster.

:ssh: His On-Reveal still goes off, and the last card you would have played when you put Zola on a Taskmaster...is a 0-power Zola.

Edit: Wait, I was slightly wrong, it doesn't copy the Zola. But he played a 1 power Vibranium right before the Zola (T7) and both copies copied THAT. So I guess you CAN Zola a TM as long as the TM was itself, the last card played.

DrBouvenstein fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 29, 2023

ALLAN LASSUS
May 11, 2007

apul.prof./ass.prof.
Well I suppose it wouldn't be absolutely terrible...

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

DrBouvenstein posted:

So I guess you CAN Zola a TM as long as the TM was itself, the last card played.

This is correct; if you play TM, then Zola said TM, the TM tries to scan itself but itself no longer exists so it just keeps its current power.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It is the other way around

Oh. I have way more golds than inks so I guess I switched it around in my mind

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Lol, I know complaining about the weird bugs/unintended effects in this game is sort of a moot point, but even OUTSIDE the main game it's silly.

If you're in your card collection, and you filter by the ability "Move". guess who appears?

Cyclops.

Because he has 'flavor text' that says,
"Let's move, X-Men!"

So the filter isn't even a "keyword" filter, it's just a plain text filter. PA pain text filter that doesn't even exclude the 7 (I think only 7?) cards that have flavor text.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Jedit posted:

It's one of a handful of good Hipps along with Killmonger and BP. His style lends itself well to African theming.

I got Kim Jacinto Knull, which I don't like at all.

yoked knull is very, very good. big jelly over here, that is a good variant for a good card! unlike the one i got... :smith:

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I got baby venom, not the best for sure. My ideal from free variants is one id be happy to use versus the basic one. I’ll definitely get a better one with gold when one shows up.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I feel like the luckiest mfer right now. I was debating hoarding caches for Jeff next week even though I like this week's rewards too, but succumbed to temptation and opened two anyway. First one was Spiderman 2099, but the second was the random S4/5 card, which was Jeff! One of the only cards I wanted out of the 13 cards I didn't have yet. Now I have to try farm more caches because I really want that KP variant.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I got the Woo-Chul Lee variant of Aero, which is super sweet, but I already bought the PtW Aero package a couple months back so I'll probably never play it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Deodato Nova. Sure I'll take it

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

ALLAN LASSUS posted:

Well I suppose it wouldn't be absolutely terrible...

I win.

I challenge anybody to make an actual deck with it though, a lot of the top/key/staple cards don't have Hipp variants yet.

(In case you're curious, these are Dan Hipp variants that have been datamined but haven't been released yet: Search on snap.fan for unreleased Hipp variants.)

But that still leaves a bunch of cards where I haven't even seen an unreleased variant: Armor, Death, Magik, Angela, Mystique, Deadpool, Patriot, She-Hulk, ... (And while High Evo has a Hipp, only Wasp and Abomination also have Hipp variants.)

edit: not even goddamn Shang-Chi! :cry:

uXs fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Aug 29, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I really fuckin hate that that little green bastard leech is getting played again

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

uXs posted:

I win.

I challenge anybody to make an actual deck with it though, a lot of the top/key/staple cards don't have Hipp variants yet.

Wasp
Ant-Man
Bast
Hawkeye
Nightcrawler
Medusa
Collector
Mysterio
Bishop
Beast
Moon Girl
Iron Man

Would love an Angela but :shrug:

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.

uXs posted:

I win.

You've got... kind of a Destroy deck hanging out there.

* Yondu
* Wolverine
* Spider-Ham
* Wave
* Daken
* Attuma
* Hobgoblin
* Nimrod
* Arnim-Zola
* Knull
* Destroyer
* ... idk, Iron Lad?

It's rough, though, ngl

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

uXs posted:

* Agatha Harkness

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Devo posted:

Wasp
Ant-Man
Bast
Hawkeye
Nightcrawler
Medusa
Collector
Mysterio
Bishop
Beast
Moon Girl
Iron Man

Would love an Angela but :shrug:

This is pretty decent actually, thanks. :-)

My Second Re-Reg posted:

You've got... kind of a Destroy deck hanging out there.

* Yondu
* Wolverine
* Spider-Ham
* Wave
* Daken
* Attuma
* Hobgoblin
* Nimrod
* Arnim-Zola
* Knull
* Destroyer
* ... idk, Iron Lad?

It's rough, though, ngl

Yeah whenever I look at my collection I think the same, but then I realize I don't have Carnage or Venom. Or Death. And for Destroyer I'm missing Armor, and for Nimrod Shuri.

Anywho, I'll definitely try it, thnx.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

I pulled Spiderman 2099 this week, but I'm genuinely not sure what to do with him.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Quackles posted:

I pulled Spiderman 2099 this week, but I'm genuinely not sure what to do with him.
He's just not very good. You can put him in a Move deck I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Spider-Man 2099 makes your opponent kind of not want to play Spider-Man on his location