Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Platystemon posted:

COVID response confounds SARS expert

Aug 24, 2023

quote:

“Long COVID syndrome occurs in at least 10 per cent of every infectious episode and may be as much as 30 per cent. Stop and think about that: if you get COVID twice a year, that’s a 20-60 per cent chance that you’re going to get long COVID. And the next year, it’s now 40-120 per cent.

lol this pandemic has been great at showing how smart people are garbo at statistics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

lol this pandemic has been great at showing how smart people are garbo at statistics

lmfao

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
bless da globe wit da pestilence, da hard headed neva learn

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
covid is real and it’s my friend

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Platystemon posted:

Buy this doctor an account.

quote:

“Long COVID syndrome occurs in at least 10 per cent of every infectious episode and may be as much as 30 per cent. Stop and think about that: if you get COVID twice a year, that’s a 20-60 per cent chance that you’re going to get long COVID. And the next year, it’s now 40-120 per cent. Almost certainly … you’re guaranteed statistically to acquire some form of long COVID.”

no way what a dumb rear end he can't even do statistics! additive risk percentage??? smdh

Tulip posted:

a quark of infections

a charming orientation of disease

U-DO Burger posted:

not everyone had the privilege of growing up playing pokemon and learning how to calculate the true likelihood of encountering a shiny

Fur20 has issued a correction as of 19:16 on Aug 29, 2023

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i have a 150% chance of getting heads if I flip a quarter three times

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
My city's wastewater data hasn't updated since July 28th, right before our population tripled with university students coming back. If it doesn't update with the state dashboard tomorrow I'm gonna try emailing to see what's up. My gut suspicion is that, since we only started getting data for it 11 months ago, that it was one year of funding that expired. Here's hoping I'm just being pessimistic...

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I am the only person on my 5 person team working today, everyone else is out with COVID or their kids have COVID, lol

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

sounds like you should get covid so you can leave

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
My job scheduled an in person all staff meeting in a few weeks.

Can't wait!

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
So I got my MRI, had to take off my Vflex and they had no surgical so I raw dogged it. Then apparently they messed up my IV so they injected the contrast into not a vein and it burned like the dickens. I mashed the alert button but the MRI tech said that was normal and it took me 5 minutes to convince them it was not normal because I’ve had it before. They went and asked the radiologist and all of a sudden there’s several new unmasked people in the room telling me to sign some document and that this happens sometimes just ice it down when you get home. They re-IV the other arm and complete the MRI and glad to get out of the maskless hellhole.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

*punching buttons on accounting calculator with voluminous ticker tape spitting tens of feet away*

great scott, within 6 months 1800% of all americans will have long covid twice!!!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

It's actually much better if <10% of people have an immune susceptibility to long covid and they're the only ones who get really hosed up no matter how many times everyone else gets infected, because then we just have to condemn like six or seven hundred million people to a disabling chronic illness and early death and its back to normal, sorry you dead men walking but brunch is on the other trolley track and i hit that switch so hard i broke it

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

nexous posted:

people in the room telling me to sign some document and that this happens sometimes

lol

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

lol "please sign this new document after we hosed something up, please bro, it wasn't a serious mistake, no harm no foul just please sign this right now bro"

Bastard Tetris
Apr 27, 2005

L-Shaped

Nap Ghost
You won free MRI contrast!!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
hoarding MRI contrast itt

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
there was a shortage last year, too. smdh

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
The contrast is also cursed.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

U-DO Burger posted:

gonna catch covid so many times it buffer overflows and I have a -138849388% chance of long covid

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

It's ok though, I don't think a lot of people live here.

rockear
Oct 3, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Buffer posted:

the overall experience of posting with facetoucher cat was traumatic and some people crack jokes in response to trauma even if those jokes are inappropriate or the underlying topic isn't funny

it's almost as if this type of humor is the entire foundational basis of this website or something 🤔

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
there was a good moment when she was telling me my body would absorb the saline and contrast and when I asked what organ removes MRI contrast from the body, she said the Kidneys and then had an “oh” look on her face

edit: this is funny because I have kidney cancer

also results are in and sound promising but I’m no dr

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

nexous posted:

So I got my MRI, had to take off my Vflex and they had no surgical so I raw dogged it. Then apparently they messed up my IV so they injected the contrast into not a vein and it burned like the dickens. I mashed the alert button but the MRI tech said that was normal and it took me 5 minutes to convince them it was not normal because I’ve had it before. They went and asked the radiologist and all of a sudden there’s several new unmasked people in the room telling me to sign some document and that this happens sometimes just ice it down when you get home. They re-IV the other arm and complete the MRI and glad to get out of the maskless hellhole.

:whitewater:

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

what did the document that you signed say?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Fur20 posted:

no way what a dumb rear end he can't even do statistics! additive risk percentage??? smdh

I'm p good with calculating odds. But everyone's eyes glaze over when you do the actual calculation. Sometimes it's easier just to do the 10%+10%+10% thing.

Getting yourself quoted in a paper doing that though.... gently caress.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

nexous posted:

can’t wait for our resident healthcare malpractice minimizer to come in and tell you that, actually, mri contrast administered incorrectly has never been shown to cause any harm to anyone ever.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

tuyop posted:

can’t wait for our resident healthcare malpractice minimizer to come in and tell you that, actually, mri contrast administered incorrectly has never been shown to cause any harm to anyone ever.

well he signed a document that says they didn’t do anything wrong

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
lmao that they had a document like that ready to go

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022

fosborb posted:

??? it's been there since day 1. "how to hit your nasal cavity" followed by Ontario's health guidance link

Yeah this. It's much more clear than a chart that doesn't even mention low and slow.

Indoor Dying
Dec 13, 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjZotmeJHn4

Here’s an Eric Levi YouTube one too re: low and slow

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Indoor Dying posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjZotmeJHn4

Here’s an Eric Levi YouTube one too re: low and slow
ty for the non-Elon link.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

lmao that they had a document like that ready to go

I'd think most hospitals are going to have indemnification documents or whatever on hand at a moment's notice. Honestly more surprising they didn't have them signed in advance.

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

my friend's husband was stuck in Estonia due to some visa issues I don't fully understand. he finally got it worked out Thursday and flew here on Friday. his reunion gift to her is a case of COVID. :)

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
it was less of a CYA document and more of a here’s what to do thing.

admittedly I did not read it before signing cause I was having anxiety.

in case you want to doxx me here’s what I signed under coercion

edit: will repost better redacted img

nexous has issued a correction as of 21:54 on Aug 29, 2023

Baddog
May 12, 2001

bobtheconqueror posted:

Honestly more surprising they didn't have them signed in advance.

You'd think that anything signed *while bad thing is actually happening* wouldn't be binding. There's an implicit threat there.

In any case, good luck goon.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

You might want to blur that out a little better

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
honestly how dare anyone even test for covid at this point

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

nexous posted:

there was a good moment when she was telling me my body would absorb the saline and contrast and when I asked what organ removes MRI contrast from the body, she said the Kidneys and then had an “oh” look on her face

edit: this is funny because I have kidney cancer

also results are in and sound promising but I’m no dr

You have my deepest, sincere condolences for what you're going through, but this made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The Baltic battlegroup is having manning issues because of the number of troops reporting to sick parade every morning and then going on sick leave. The cause of this illness is, not a joke, "unclear".

lol if they accuse the Russians of biological warfare or something over this.