Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'm ten away from hard pity and that's almost tempting but there's also second-dash Yelan, Zhongli, and a hydro archon coming out

Totally random gripe but lol why is the treasure compass in Inazuma locked so far down in reputation? The furthest away from 100% is 90% exploration and I'm still quite a ways away from the nesseccary requirement to unlock it and it really didn't help that so many Inazuma world quests are locked behind completing daily commissions multiple times, I'll end up getting all the chest achievements and really close to all Sakura Tree levels before I ever get the compass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Okay so since people are mentioning the treasure compasses I have to say that I never used them for most of the time I was playing Genshin and I tried a few days ago to try and find some missing treasure chests in Sumeru and it really doesn't help enough. 4 second cool down and it doesn't give you clear enough directions to find anything with how small the AOE is.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Since I only interact with Genshin via this thread/the game/ and the discord server, this is the first I've heard of anyone thinking the elements are going to get reworked.
anemo and geo received slight reworks early on (before 2.0) but they were just numbers tweaks
and hydro resonance got buffed around the time of yelan's release

but theres never been a major mechanical level rework to an element so idk why people thought there ever would be

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

RareAcumen posted:

Okay so since people are mentioning the treasure compasses I have to say that I never used them for most of the time I was playing Genshin and I tried a few days ago to try and find some missing treasure chests in Sumeru and it really doesn't help enough. 4 second cool down and it doesn't give you clear enough directions to find anything with how small the AOE is.
They're kind of redundant anyway since there's an interactive map officially released by Mihoyo that tells you exactly where every treasure is and people leave comments on how to even solve the puzzles

It's a strange hangup for them to have, should just rework all the treasure compasses to work like the one from Secret Summer Paradise and give them to you at Rep. lvl 3 or something. It's only like the most casual of players that are ignoring oculus and chests anyway

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it sucks how the weapon system is locked to the five generic templates

i'd prefer a switch to how starrail does it but theres no way they'll change it at this point

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

So he's Pyro Ganyu?

Sort of, just way more involved. Every double-charged charged shot spawns one of the cat-in-the-hats that occasionally taunts an enemy and gives Lyney a stack but also drains his health. Without active healing you can only get like three stacks because his health won't go below 60% from the charged shots. His burst does damage, blows up any cats-in-the-hat on the field and grants him another stack. His skill heals him and deals damage based on the stacks he has. So typical rotation is CAx2, Burst which gives him three stacks, then Skill to blow the stacks, nuke and heal up. With Bennett, who he really needs to be teamed up with, you can get up to four stacks with CA, then Burst to get the fifth stack and then Skill.

I have no constellations but at level 90, 8/8/8 with a level 90 R1 signature weapon and the new artifact set I've had a 5 stack Skill hit for over 230k unbuffed in a mono-pyro team of Zhongli/Bennett/Lyney/Xiangling.

Ganyu can do more damage because she's broken in melt teams but I think Lyney is way more fun.

Stare-Out fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Aug 29, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Endorph posted:

anemo and geo received slight reworks early on (before 2.0) but they were just numbers tweaks
and hydro resonance got buffed around the time of yelan's release

but theres never been a major mechanical level rework to an element so idk why people thought there ever would be

Yeah I remember there being a thing for Anemo about it taking advantage of EM more directly or something when Kazuha got added? Minor things along that nature. Expecting A: New elements every patch and B: Complete overhaul on how all of them work, is news to me and I don't know where that one came from.

It kinda reminds me of the rumor/fan theory about Space and/or Sound being added as another Pokemon type. Like maybe I'm out of the loop but I don't see how that would 'fix' the gameplay, you'd just have more type advantages and resistances and it'd still play the same.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Lyney's QE->E is just insane damage. It doesnt even make sense to me where it's all coming from you'll just see half of a boss's health bar disappear. The CA part still kinda sucks/is a chore but the burst skill part is just sweet.

Unfortunately he's total crap in this abyss, like cannot beat it because mono pyro can't beat pyro lector and cant beat the upside down dorito in under 2 minutes unless it's whaled. I dont think it'll be a reliable team but it's fun to make his comp hit damage thresholds where it can one-cycle gem bosses.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

it sucks how the weapon system is locked to the five generic templates
eh, theyve shown they can get outside of that if they want to. raiden is a spear character who barely uses her spear, every single recent catalyst barely plays like, say, klee, childe exists, etc

not to mention outside of the launch characters even the characters who are both swinging a sword around have entirely different animations. keqing and alhaitham might as well be using different weapons, especially with how many of al's animations have him dual wielding

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Real shame that we'll never see anyone use nunchucks in this game.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

No Wave posted:

Lyney's QE->E is just insane damage. It doesnt even make sense to me where it's all coming from you'll just see half of a boss's health bar disappear. The CA part still kinda sucks/is a chore but the burst skill part is just sweet.

Unfortunately he's total crap in this abyss, like cannot beat it because mono pyro can't beat pyro lector and cant beat the upside down dorito in under 2 minutes unless it's whaled. I dont think it'll be a reliable team but it's fun to make his comp hit damage thresholds where it can one-cycle gem bosses.

It doesn't make it easy to spot damage numbers when you have all those orange numbers popping up from a mono-pyro team already so the 230k is just the biggest I've noticed, but I'm sure it's not the biggest so far. And yeah like I've been doing the Dirge fight for leveling up Lynette and hitting Lyney's Burst and then Skill just wipes out an absolutely massive chunk of the health bar when it doesn't just flat-out end the whole fight.

Like I'm sure a hyperbloom team can do it just as well and maybe even more comfortably but there's something about finishing a fight with Lyney's Skill, having him do his flair and heal up fully just as an enemy goes down. It's sweet.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Tampa Bae posted:

I'm ten away from hard pity and that's almost tempting but there's also second-dash Yelan, Zhongli, and a hydro archon coming out

Totally random gripe but lol why is the treasure compass in Inazuma locked so far down in reputation? The furthest away from 100% is 90% exploration and I'm still quite a ways away from the nesseccary requirement to unlock it and it really didn't help that so many Inazuma world quests are locked behind completing daily commissions multiple times, I'll end up getting all the chest achievements and really close to all Sakura Tree levels before I ever get the compass

I'm just alternating one pulls here and there at the 35K gem mark till something happens and I either get Hat Guy 2, Yelan C1 or a 5 star weapon or standard banner character thats probably not Mona again.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

So is it really the case that Neuvillette's water laser thing is his charge attack? Because that's going to suck rear end on controllers where you have to hold down a face button because the right stick is then inaccessible unless you do some dumb finger acrobatics.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Okay I got to the Phoenix Wright poo poo (this owns bones)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Meowywitch posted:

Okay I got to the Phoenix Wright poo poo (this owns bones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnHPDIiLz7A

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

But Lyney..............your sister is a cat

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Meowywitch posted:

But Lyney..............your sister is a cat
Also either some sort of robot or someone who thinks she's a robot? Maybe at some point her character story will explain why she's like that?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I'm assuming she's just perpetually bored / tired

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

Incoherence posted:

Also either some sort of robot or someone who thinks she's a robot? Maybe at some point her character story will explain why she's like that?

Her level up barks makes me think robot

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Incoherence posted:

she's a 4*, so we will at long last be able to properly date a fatuus

(seriously, isn't the traveler marked with a "kill on sight" order for literally every fatui operative? tartar sauce doesn't count because he's explicitly the happy-go-lucky moron of the harbingers)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lynette's not a robot or thinks shes a robot, she basically depersoned herself cause of traumatic stuff in her childhood

quote:

Before Lyney and I came to our new home, we were constantly adrift on the streets. We experienced many hardships and dangerous situations... It was then that I developed the habit of paying attention to any sign of danger, and also gradually learned to understand what others were thinking. Fortunately, we now have a safe place to live.

quote:

During our shows, I'm usually Lyney's assistant. Because I never speak or change expressions, people often mistake me for a puppet... this kind of misunderstanding can prevent unnecessary social interactions, so it's actually quite nice.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Tree Reformat posted:

(seriously, isn't the traveler marked with a "kill on sight" order for literally every fatui operative? tartar sauce doesn't count because he's explicitly the happy-go-lucky moron of the harbingers)

The Fatui seem to be a huge organization where branches aren't really worried about the business of the others. Arlecchino's gang wants the Hydro gnosis but also to save Fontaine from drowning, which is not really relevant to the Mondstadt delegation holed up in the Goth hotel, or the Chasm strike force in Liyue.

Plus, while the Traveler did defeat Signora in Inazuma, there's an argument to be made that they helped deliver the Geo gnosis to her in Liyue, so they're more of a wild card from their POV than a straight enemy. Feelings aren't mutual.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Furina is a loving dork

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Meowywitch posted:

Furina is a loving dork

yes

and I love her for it

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Traveller posted:

The Fatui seem to be a huge organization where branches aren't really worried about the business of the others. Arlecchino's gang wants the Hydro gnosis but also to save Fontaine from drowning, which is not really relevant to the Mondstadt delegation holed up in the Goth hotel, or the Chasm strike force in Liyue.
Or to Childe, who never really got around to explaining why he was stuck with a posting at the Fontaine Northland Bank. He could just be there as the fall guy again, like he was in Liyue, or he could be there on behalf of another branch of the Fatui who want credit for taking the Gnosis before Arlecchino does.

They don't really care about the Traveler unless we get in their way, like we did with Signora, and to an extent the battle with Childe in Liyue.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Tree Reformat posted:

I'm pretty sure their notices just say 'look out for this blonde dipshit with weird floating thing.' It just seems that the faceless, nameless mooks seem to interpret this as "definitely try and kill them, it'll work out great." Harbringers seem to take it as "definitely manipulate them into doing what you want, it'll work out great and not ultimately bite you in the rear end," and the few other dudes who got names seem to have had the sense to not pick a fight.

Stare-Out posted:

So is it really the case that Neuvillette's water laser thing is his charge attack? Because that's going to suck rear end on controllers where you have to hold down a face button because the right stick is then inaccessible unless you do some dumb finger acrobatics.

It could do something equally annoying, like lock you in place and use the left stick/movement controls to aim.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Zenostein posted:

[spoiler]It could do something equally annoying, like lock you in place and use the left stick/movement controls to aim.

That would also suck, but it would be better than what I said.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I assume once you've charged his laser it just goes without needing to keep holding it down.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That would be better but still not great. I don't get why they wouldn't use the left trigger for it since it does nothing for characters who aren't using a bow. It's right there, use it for something.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I've remapped all the buttons on my controllers so it's much better but aiming still really sucks

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Stare-Out posted:

That would be better but still not great. I don't get why they wouldn't use the left trigger for it since it does nothing for characters who aren't using a bow. It's right there, use it for something.

Probably because they want the control scheme to be as simple and consistent as possible. Even if this does dumb things like make the shoot button when aiming the skill button, rather than r2 (which annoys the hell out of me, because I swapped skill and dash). They even added a whole huge section for gyro controls, they absolutely could give you more customization for control schemes. They just won't.

Come to think of it, for the water controls it'd normally be l2 for poke and r2 for your absorbed skill, wouldn't it?

Presumably they're fine with using l2 there because a) it's aimable anyway and b) it's underwater, since that's a different context the control scheme can be different. I wonder if you can hold/use your regular attack button underwater too? As it is l2 underwater just works exactly like ○ aboveground.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Wow Collei is even in Faruzan' hangout too. They definitely didn't use Diluc, Ninguang or Ayaka this much going by characters that were in the Teyvat Chapter preview, but certainly got their featured characters quota out of Cyno and Collei.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Traveller posted:

The Chasm team is so out of the loop that the last time they heard anything, they were engaged in a joint anti-Abyss operation with the full support of Liyue's government and are deeply confused as to why the Traveler is mad at them for being in the place they were both ordered and allowed to go to.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ha wow C1 Dehya out of my pulls for Lyney/Yelan. Okay whatever, Neuvillete it is then probably with the guarantee.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My guarantee for Neuvillette is spending every day desperately trying to survive the temptation of Lyney looking fun and posts like this

https://twitter.com/tanuki_nishi/status/1696487329857409171?t=vDMRI2R0VMxHnP_uadTz9A&s=19

God why couldn't they at least finish Siegwinne in time for a shared banner...

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Incoherence posted:

So she's basically what's called a Kuudere, but the english dub makes her more emotional and sarcastic in vocal performance.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Jesus christ this is pretty dark even for this game. I didn't expect to come across what is basically a serial killer's den with "trophies" from his kills

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Tae posted:

So she's basically what's called a Kuudere, but the english dub makes her more emotional and sarcastic in vocal performance.
"Lacking the competent direction of the Chinese and Japanese versions and unable to compete with them on their own ground, we opted to simply completely change the characters instead."

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FractalSandwich posted:

"Lacking the competent direction of the Chinese and Japanese versions and unable to compete with them on their own ground, we opted to simply completely change the characters instead."
this isnt really what happened at all tbh, she has those sarcastic notes in jp/cn too. it seems like her eng va is just slightly more emotive (probably due to inconsistent vocal direction) rather than whatever you're alleging here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Stare-Out posted:

ah yes the classic monster hunter on psp control scheme; you could probably mitigate with gyro aiming unless you use an xbox controller (like me sigh)