Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: harrygomm, Astryl)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Honey Im Homme posted:

I just hit 100 today :argh:

:hfive:

Then I stared at the screen and realized I'm free from the game for the next ~57 days.

FREEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOMmmmmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Scandelouse
Jan 10, 2003

Love, Drunkchat.
Just need 2 more world bosses for the title and I’ll be taking a breaky break until S2. I have a feeling engagement numbers have tanked since they are buffing exp for a weekend. Hopeful they will address some of the end game issues and S2 will hold attention better.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?
just got an update on xbox, i think that’s the CC update patch.

i think i’m going to try wrapping up getting my sorc to 100 and druid. probably going to start rogue for next season. might do some goblin farming to get that weird horse they drop. the uber lillith horse looks almost identical to the pvp mount, especially when you put the butcher mount armor on it

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

El Scandelouse posted:

Just need 2 more world bosses for the title and I’ll be taking a breaky break until S2. I have a feeling engagement numbers have tanked since they are buffing exp for a weekend. Hopeful they will address some of the end game issues and S2 will hold attention better.

BG3, Armored core 6 and now Starfield. Good luck Diablo.

I need like 5 more World Bosses and Uber Lilith. Hopefully I can knock it out during the weekend

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

harrygomm posted:

just got an update on xbox, i think that’s the CC update patch.

i think i’m going to try wrapping up getting my sorc to 100 and druid. probably going to start rogue for next season. might do some goblin farming to get that weird horse they drop. the uber lillith horse looks almost identical to the pvp mount, especially when you put the butcher mount armor on it

Yep, bunch of CC QOL stuff.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23964909/diablo-iv-patch-notes

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I gave up on uber lilith and the season when it became apparent that the uber lilith fight is stupid. I guess I will foreverially have one missing checkbox on my season 1 challenge journey or whatever

chird
Sep 26, 2004

Game is now 22-25% off till Sep 4.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

chird posted:

wtf

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

chird posted:

gently caress!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Shots fired by the Grim Dawn expac announcement, lmao.

I kid but Blizzard always overtips their hand when their numbers are wavering. They bent the knee on season to season renown so I assume the blowback of players commenting that they can't be hosed to get into seasons must be huge. A sale within a month is like.. woah. Woof. I really expected a Nintendo standard here of like 1-2 years before on sale with an expac.

But if I were to try to make my kindest yet most scorching take, I think Blizzard made the mistake of thinking they could transform the casual 99% of players into the diehard super 1% of the arpg market, and uh, most of those people beat the campaign once and said "cool game, what else is out?" And then every other AAA company unleashed a salvo going into September.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

that's really sweet of them to discount the game for people who can't afford it :)

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Doomykins posted:

I think Blizzard made the mistake of thinking they could transform the casual 99% of players into the diehard super 1% of the arpg market, and uh, most of those people beat the campaign once and said "cool game, what else is out?" And then every other AAA company unleashed a salvo going into September.

The top down monster slashing game could have a nice healthy casual playerbase no problem.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Doomykins posted:

A sale within a month is like.. woah. Woof.
Excuse me sir but when exactly do you think that Diablo 4 came out?

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

chird posted:

I have never regretted 70$ like I regret it now, wow...

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Diablo 4 was like 150 dollars

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

flashman posted:

A dollar per hour. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

I've got a battle pass thing from buying it that I can use if they make a good one so there's that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

Excuse me sir but when exactly do you think that Diablo 4 came out?

Whoops. Still early on when I expected sales to start, but it has been 3 months hasn't it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Vic posted:

The top down monster slashing game could have a nice healthy casual playerbase no problem.

Sure! But I think they wanted that rabid fanbase to emerge from their casual playerbase, the kind that'll play the game obsessively day to day, which is a common design goal in a lot of AAA titles these days with always online elements. It's a guess on my part but I think they misread what makes a community like that form around ARPGs since they lack most of that critical draw that ARPG snobs want and why most of them think D4 caps out at mid.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

flashman posted:

Did you buy it from some dude that told you it fell off the back of a truck or something?

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

It's partially the fee to play it the five days early and partially funny money conversion

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

El Scandelouse posted:

I would have kept playing if leveling wasn't so dogshit slow, exp buff for a weekend is not enough to come back.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Is this that surprising? I don’t buy a lot of games anymore but unless it’s on release week, I don’t think I’ve paid full price for a game in 10 years.

That said, sales likely are tanking, it’s expensive, there’s more bad press than good and if you buy it now you likely won’t have time to finish s1 before the deadline.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's pretty standard for big release games that aren't made by Nintendo to go on sale for $15-20 off after a few months.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

They tryna pump them September Mau numbers let's not kid ourselves

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man that XP event had me panicked that I forgot about Mother's Day

Doomykins posted:

A sale within a month is like.. woah. Woof.

Holy cow this is funny. I hear ya though. I still think of 2016 as "four, five years ago"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

VOTE1 posted:

Is this that surprising? I don’t buy a lot of games anymore but unless it’s on release week, I don’t think I’ve paid full price for a game in 10 years.

That said, sales likely are tanking, it’s expensive, there’s more bad press than good and if you buy it now you likely won’t have time to finish s1 before the deadline.

13 million on release week has nowhere to go but down.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What exactly does it mean re: Renown carrying over to Season 2? Will I retain the dungeons/Side quests I’ve completed? Or just that I’ve unlocked the five renown rewards for each region? (I know that map exploration and Altar’s carry over, not sure about Strongholds or waypoints)

I’ve hit 2000 renown in 2/5 regions, do I just need to do that or will continuing to work on it past that point make any difference?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

It should be get 5/5 rewards in a region and you'll have 5/5 in S2. You don't need to full clear a region of side quests or anything.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

Klungar posted:

What exactly does it mean re: Renown carrying over to Season 2? Will I retain the dungeons/Side quests I’ve completed? Or just that I’ve unlocked the five renown rewards for each region? (I know that map exploration and Altar’s carry over, not sure about Strongholds or waypoints)

I’ve hit 2000 renown in 2/5 regions, do I just need to do that or will continuing to work on it past that point make any difference?
I'm not sure, but if I had to guess it all transfers over to your eternal character at season end, but the next seasonal character will only get the typical seasonal renown (Lilith shrines and exploration). So if you're only playing seasons there's no point unless you're having fun doing it / achievements / getting enough to get to Tier 5 for extra paragon points.

manpurse
Mar 19, 2007
They should just release runes and make enigma again then whoever gets enigma first wins the season like d2 has had for 25 years.

harrygomm
Oct 19, 2004

can u run n jump?

Jelly posted:

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess it all transfers over to your eternal character at season end, but the next seasonal character will only get the typical seasonal renown (Lilith shrines and exploration). So if you're only playing seasons there's no point unless you're having fun doing it / achievements / getting enough to get to Tier 5 for extra paragon points.

looks like it’s universal

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/previously-earned-renown-will-apply-to-all-characters-starting-in-diablo-4-334665

blizzard quote is:

“Paragon Points, Skill Points, Potion Charges, and Obol capacity upgrades will now carry over into a new Season once achieved with an Eternal or previous Seasonal Realm character.”

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

harrygomm posted:

https://www.wowhead.com/diablo-4/news/previously-earned-renown-will-apply-to-all-characters-starting-in-diablo-4-334665

blizzard quote is:

“Paragon Points, Skill Points, Potion Charges, and Obol capacity upgrades will now carry over into a new Season once achieved with an Eternal or previous Seasonal Realm character.”

This is very unexpected to me, thank you for your diligence.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

They should get rid of the ‘kill 30 flies’ quests, keep the ones that have a plot (some of them are good) and give a legendary drop for each one.

Getting legendaries when you’re level 20 is actually noteworthy, and given you get 3-4 legendaries for collecting cinders for 10 minutes it’s hardly going to unbalance anything. Would make an alternative for repeat running strongholds, or atleast some variation.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Aug 30, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

harrygomm posted:

blizzard quote is:

Just gonna assume I have to log in on my S1 Character at the start of S2 to update my Renown standings. I wonder if any more HC players got bored and RIPd their guy and will have to do it yet again, again!!!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Buffing side quest rewards is a no brainier. Gives players incentive to do things other than NMD

EC
Jul 10, 2001

The Legend
I wish strongholds reset every so often just to give me something different to do besides NMDs and whispers.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Strongholds with NMD structure/rewards(i.e. click sigil, warp to a refreshed one, go to town) would be a slam dunk. Put all the Stronghold bosses in the boss pool too.

Put every dungeon into the NMD pool too. Just up that illusion of choice, it's what ARPGs use to hide the cookie clicker.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Doomykins posted:

Strongholds with NMD structure/rewards(i.e. click sigil, warp to a refreshed one, go to town) would be a slam dunk. Put all the Stronghold bosses in the boss pool too.

Yeah this would own. The strongholds are great and it's a shame that they're one and done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

chird posted:

lmao