Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The Patriots would have won XLVI had they not cut WR Tiquan Underwood and his sweet high top fade 24 hours before the start of the game lol. The coldest cut ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The Patriots would have won XLVI had they not cut WR Tiquan Underwood and his sweet high top fade 24 hours before the start of the game lol. The coldest cut ever.

Nothing was stopping elite 4th quarter Eli insanity that year

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
One time I was at a party with Tiquan Underwood and he had an entire room listening to him telling stories, the man is a storycrafter

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Someone was asking about deals on The Athletic the other day. They're running another sale

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1696183054723584022

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Saints West strikes again. Broncos are trading for Wil Lutz. Guess Grupe is the Saints kicker.

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1696557836384227519

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Someone just mentioned the Broncos have 8 former Saints just on offense on their roster.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Docjowles posted:

Someone was asking about deals on The Athletic the other day. They're running another sale

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1696183054723584022

That’s about all it’s worth these days. They’ve cut a lot of coverage after the NYT bought them out. If they still cover your team it’s nice but I know they dumped a lot of good people over the last couple of months.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Kalli posted:

Someone just mentioned the Broncos have 8 former Saints just on offense on their roster.

Then look at coaches too.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Kalli posted:

I mean you do need to put in a new culture and system, it makes sense to have some guys on the roster to help the rest of the team figure it out.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Freaquency posted:

That’s about all it’s worth these days. They’ve cut a lot of coverage after the NYT bought them out. If they still cover your team it’s nice but I know they dumped a lot of good people over the last couple of months.

That offer is for new subscribers, not returning ones. The Packers have only one reporter (Schneidman) covering them and the broad-NFL coverage doesn't seem noticeably or remarkably better than what I can find elsewhere. I like Schneidman but there's only so much one person can write in a given week.

SBNation's Packers blog genuinely has more coverage and more in-depth coverage, including a bunch of all-22 film analysis, snap counts, etc.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Silly Burrito posted:

Saints West strikes again. Broncos are trading for Wil Lutz. Guess Grupe is the Saints kicker.

https://twitter.com/nick_underhill/status/1696557836384227519

Grupe only exists so when people criticize Bryce Young someone can go "What about Grupe!?"

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Freaquency posted:

Baseball specific but Meg Rowley (FG) noted that like most of the division leading teams (Baltimore, Minnesota. Texas) and relevant teams don’t have staff writers anymore and it really shows in what level of coverage you get

Seconding the “check to make sure your team has an assigned writer” bit.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Trading for kickers is the new market inefficiency.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1696571880050749780?s=20

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How is it this hard to find 30 kickers

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Has any kicker had a faster fall than Brett Maher

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

Vanderjagt

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kiimo posted:

Cowboys had to scapegoat someone.

Thank you for reminding me of this.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Doltos posted:

One time I was at a party with Tiquan Underwood and he had an entire room listening to him telling stories, the man is a storycrafter

You went to Rutgers? How didn't I know that?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

The Broiest Bro

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Kickers are funny because they're almost all interchangeable, but in the bad way where they're mostly random year to year. And then some get the yips and never unfuck it and nobody knows how to coach them.

So that's how you end up getting a draft pick for a 38 year old dude with a dead leg who's at least a bit reliable.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kalli posted:

Kickers are funny because they're almost all interchangeable, but in the bad way where they're mostly random year to year. And then some get the yips and never unfuck it and nobody knows how to coach them.

So that's how you end up getting a draft pick for a 38 year old dude with a dead leg who's at least a bit reliable.

Still better than the kickers the Titans were rolling with during preseason. If he can be halfway consistent and can occasionally make a kick from 50 yards he'll be our best kicker since Succop (who I'm still bitter about cutting several years ago, but at least he got a ring out of it).

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The erosion of kickers just means more teams should go for it after they cross the 50.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mega64 posted:

Still better than the kickers the Titans were rolling with during preseason. If he can be halfway consistent and can occasionally make a kick from 50 yards he'll be our best kicker since Succop (who I'm still bitter about cutting several years ago, but at least he got a ring out of it).

Yeah it's a 7th in 2 years, whoooooo cares. I just find it funny because kickers are so much more vibes then actual athletic ability. But if you whiff and get a bad kicker for the year it could get your rear end fired.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

kiimo posted:

Are we doing literal falls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JK81Ej5hm8s

(sorry for the dogshit video but I am not going to spend more time searching for this joke clip)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A future 7th? Jesus. They should have just done him the professional courtesy of cutting him and letting him choose his fate.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Kalli posted:

Yeah it’s great. The difference between someone being a franchise’s leading scorer or a guy whose name causes fans to see red mist is razor thin

And no I will never forgive Billy Cundiff

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
One of these men is our punter.

One of these men is our kicker.

Guess which is which.

https://twitter.com/eflynt/status/1696603598656819287?s=20

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

No Butt Stuff posted:

This is gonna be like when we took Harrison Butker from the panthers.

ISM is gonna be pretty good if he gets a chance.

If he’s anything like the last Iowa return guy in the NFL he’s gonna return a kick for a TD in the Super Bowl! dont ask what happened after that

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Silly Burrito posted:

One of these men is our punter.

One of these men is our kicker.

Guess which is which.

https://twitter.com/eflynt/status/1696603598656819287?s=20
The "man" (child) on the right is no older than 11 years old so this is obvious satire.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The "man" (child) on the right is no older than 11 years old so this is obvious satire.

My brain refuses to accept this as a real photo. It's solidly in the AI generated uncanny valley :wtc:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1696613572300636374?s=20

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
the guy on the left looks like a typical punter (Janokoswki, Mcaffee, they are often fat doofuses) and kickers always look like preteenagers

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Here's the Patriots rookie punter and kicker and yes the kicker is the baby face

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

we have like MAYBE 24 hours before Boltman is ran into the ground and cringe but in the meantime I'm still laughing at these

https://twitter.com/seanplemons/status/1696344545502621874

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

A quarter the team.
https://twitter.com/Giants/status/1696594414959743203?s=20

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Melvin Gordon was released :unsmith:

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
It is no longer Zappe Hour in New England. Bailey Zappe was just waived.

Malik Cunningham will back up Mac Jones.

Malik Cunningham will probably start 5-7 games for the Pats this season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Gonz posted:

It is no longer Zappe Hour in New England. Bailey Zappe was just waived.

Malik Cunningham will back up Mac Jones.

Malik Cunningham will probably start 5-7 games for the Pats this season.

Cunningham has ALSO been waived lmao. Literally just Mac on the roster for the moment

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oh poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Welcome Rourke