Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

wizard2 posted:

people doubted us every step of the way and it was a good run while it lasted but its over 1060bros...

I kept being like "man I just got this thing" before realizing it's been nearly six years :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Haha the PC XBOX app just added a countdown timer for unreleased games. Just a completely coincidental feature.

buddy, they added a whole rear end extra starfield button

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Well isn’t that weird, all my meetings on Friday have been rescheduled and now I have a big block of “head-down work” time.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Subjunctive posted:

Well isn’t that weird, all my meetings on Friday have been rescheduled and now I have a big block of “head-down work” time.
Odd how these things happen.

Oh well, I guess you'll just have to knuckle down.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

There's gonna be some intense flow state Friday afternoon if you know what I mean

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

BlankSystemDaemon posted:

Odd how these things happen.

Oh well, I guess you'll just have to knuckle down.

I’ll muddle through.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I wonder if you can fly your ship into a space port and cause space 9/11 it would be an oversight if you couldn't.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

First we had ladder climbing, now Bethesda has invented ledge grabbing. Truly amazing.

https://streamable.com/d2jz4s

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Daztek posted:

First we had ladder climbing, now Bethesda has invented ledge grabbing. Truly amazing.

Very cute and chubby astronaut

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I wonder if you can fly your ship into a space port and cause space 9/11 it would be an oversight if you couldn't.

Modders made it so you could crash a vertibird into Trinity tower so at least modders will fix Bethesda's problems

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Very cute and chubby astronaut

thank you

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I wanna be able to open an airlock and kill 100,000 residents of a space city

Mischievous Mink
May 29, 2012

imo since bethesda isn't willing to cover their employees health insurance while working on this game if they're trans, it's only fair to not pay for the game in exchange

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Danaru posted:

I kept being like "man I just got this thing" before realizing it's been nearly six years :negative:

the funny part is that right now as Im typing this I am realizing that the 1060 actually did live up to my expectations

what a world

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm surprised by how many people want to play a game like this the moment it's available.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

watch Todd start a loving war

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Is there a karma system or is it just you get a bounty for doing bad poo poo and letting people see you?

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm surprised by how many people want to play a game like this the moment it's available.

I also prefer my games to ripe like fine wine.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Dick Trauma posted:

gotta get in before they fix the dragons spaceships flying backwards

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

We're playing because we're Gamers

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Dick Trauma posted:

I mean I know we like to clown on Bethesda but several of their games are legitimately defining games with large audiences.

Like people I know who don't really play games played and know about Skyrim. BGS games are a bit like COD and Madden in that they have much broader appeal than the enthusiast audience.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

VanillaGorilla posted:

I mean I know we like to clown on Bethesda but several of their games are legitimately defining games with large audiences.

i love bethesda games for all their faults but i dont really get the appeal in spending money to play a game early or as soon as possible or whatever. most games are better after theyve been out for a bit and had few patches.

i mean, im excited to try starfield, but im also to happy to let millions of other people try it first and get some poo poo fixed, there's more than enough other stuff to play in the meantime

Orv
May 4, 2011
Some people just wanna play games when they’re new and talk about em, I don’t think it’s much of a head scratcher.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

who the gently caress even wants to play Skyrim 2 over a long weekend? Bueller!!??

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

What's going to be the deal as far mods are concerned for the PC game pass version?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Someone could stand to check me on this, it’s at least a year out of date but last I knew you still can’t do script extenders on gamepass games so your mod options will eventually be limited.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's no VATS in this, is there? Is that a Fallout-only thing?

Using VATS in Fallout 3 was an absolute delight for me.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Rageaholic posted:

My recollection is there is some kind of targeting system / mod you can get that acts like VATS, but I might be wrong.

It’s not a core system like in Fallout, though.

CAR CRASH CRACKERS
Jan 13, 2008

commemorative spoons and tiny personalized license plates: the regalia of tourism
Everytime I see the BGS acronym, Battlegar Stalactica pops in my head.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zokari posted:

there's a dedicated starfield button on game pass lol

More like… Storefailed

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Junkenstein posted:

What's going to be the deal as far mods are concerned for the PC game pass version?

Being that it's all Microsoft now I couldn't tell you, but since they don't like people to mess with exes on game pass things like Skyrim's script extender (SKSE) won't be workable on game pass. You need more permissions to the files than game pass allows you. That said, SKSE was something that was developed for Skyrim to compensate for lack of modding controls, Starfield might not need that, and if it does it's going to take time for it to come out and be utilized by mods.

Rageaholic posted:

No VATS of any kind from what the DF guys said.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

CAR CRASH CRACKERS posted:

Everytime I see the BGS acronym, Battlegar Stalactica pops in my head.

same. im sure there will be a battlestar mod soon enough!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

smoobles posted:

When you ask why NASA wouldn't hire you, it was comments like this during the job interview!!!

Daztek posted:

Yeah but can your horse also grab onto ledges???

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

KakerMix posted:

Going to assume there is at least going to be some drug to slow down time. Bethesda loves there drugs

:2bong:

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

smoobles posted:

You will find comfort in the Star Citizen forums.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Is this more or less demanding on specifications than BG3, and by how much?

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Is amd actually gonna wait to release the promotional keys until their respective street dates for each edition? So i cant even upgrade a regular edition to play early?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Jelly posted:

Is this more or less demanding on specifications than BG3, and by how much?

By the listed specs it mostly wants more powerful versions of the same gen of stuff BG3 does. 2060 for recommended BG3 vs 2080 for Starfield. Which is not a huge leap but it’s not a small one either.

Realistically? We have no idea yet.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

KakerMix posted:

Being that it's all Microsoft now I couldn't tell you, but since they don't like people to mess with exes on game pass things like Skyrim's script extender (SKSE) won't be workable on game pass. You need more permissions to the files than game pass allows you. That said, SKSE was something that was developed for Skyrim to compensate for lack of modding controls, Starfield might not need that, and if it does it's going to take time for it to come out and be utilized by mods.

The PC game pass folder lockdown stuff stopped a while ago and you can just access game files like any other normal program now. I'd bet the incompatibility with an SKSE-like will probably come from any changes made to the actual EXE for game pass integration that changes memory addresses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Citing Pokemon, Monster Hunter, and Dragon Quest to prove people play RPGs for the story