Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

came to see if there's a new video

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

There will never be a new video

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

been sayin this

CaptainViolence
Apr 19, 2006

I'M GONNA GET YOU DUCK

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

wow

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
new thread title tbh

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I gotta come clean. The thread title got me.

King of the Cosmos
Jun 6, 2004

Maybe We'll invent a Cosmic Esperanto.

:five:

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

lol goddamn it

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
I very much respect this threads commitment to the bit.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Dijkstracula posted:

*me, suddenly interrupting everyone itt*

MmmmmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, yeaaaaaaaaah, armored core six fires of rubicon, or アーマード・コアⅥ ファイアーズオブルビコン, some might say, now that's a goddarn tasty morsel of a video game

Now I need a story from him about his manager talking about Armored Core and how it fits into the PlayStation miryokuteki.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

One day they're going to make a sixth Armored Core game, and it's either going to save the world...or end it.

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

As someone who’d played King’s Field and Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, best idea that my 22 year old self could come up with while playing Dark Souls 3 was… they should make a giant robot game…just like this.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Dijkstracula posted:

As someone who’d played King’s Field and Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2, best idea that my 22 year old self could come up with while playing Dark Souls 3 was… they should make a giant robot game…just like this.

Hang on, something doesn't add up.

Were you nine years old when you registered your account here?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

fez_machine posted:

Hang on, something doesn't add up.

Were you nine years old when you registered your account here?

Got a problem with nine year olds?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
had to be 13 or have their parent's permission, im calling the fuckin police

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
i really need my buddy tim here to be running on a script, he is too dangerous unleashed

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Perhaps a hot take but after rewatching the Boku no Natsuyasumi video followed by rewatching the FFVII Remake video I would definitely take massively long development times for videos with the heart, soul and thoughtfulness of the former over shorter waits for videos like the latter any goddamn day of the week. Have you watched chapter 5 of the Boku video recently? holy poo poo dude

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah that’s not a hot take that’s a genuinely correct take

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
I'll take a longer wait for something of Boku no Natsuyasumi's quality over something shorter and less heartfelt any day.

Doesn't mean I'm not gonna be impatient though.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I keep getting this ad and my mind goes to 2010s Tim Rogers

Escobarbarian posted:

Perhaps a hot take but after rewatching the Boku no Natsuyasumi video followed by rewatching the FFVII Remake video I would definitely take massively long development times for videos with the heart, soul and thoughtfulness of the former over shorter waits for videos like the latter any goddamn day of the week. Have you watched chapter 5 of the Boku video recently? holy poo poo dude
Absolutely correct take. IMO the DOOM review is when he really hit his stride, the FFVII and TLoU videos are a significant notch below the later works.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I literally couldn't finish the pacman one

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
While unfortunate, we have come a long way since Pac-Man

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Buddy, you won't believe how far we've come since Pac-man.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I liked the Pac-Man one

I think the only ones I didn’t really enjoy to the fullest were TLOU and FFVII, I only got through them because I put them on while I was working

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I still think more, shorter videos is better. It's probably easier for him, too. Except it would be more work for him to do these things more often rather than once a year.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

You still think wrong, imo.

There are already a shitload of people making frequent short videos about whatever you wanna see, that’s not anything special.

There’s only one weird nerd making 6 hour epics about a PC Engine dating sim or a Japan-only PSX summer vacation sim or a 7 part CYOA Cyberpunk 2077 review.

I’m not one of the people on his patreon paying for this poo poo, but I can understand why the people who do pay him seem to be happy with that they’re getting.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
as tim says in the death stranding 5-review review, "It's easier to make a long thing... than a short thing."

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZHUY-nVXKU&t=1152s

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
also, I thought yous boys LIKED Pac-Man!!!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Even Tim referred to the Pac-Man video as “equivalent to filing our income taxes” in a later video

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As I am rewatching it, he made that claim within the Pac-Man video itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The FF7RM review is worth it for the single line: “How about we stop talking about how large Tifa’s breasts are and start talking about how small her materia slots are?”