Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Unfortunately Myriad doesn't copy all of the equipment and auras so it only kills one player, still a huge blowout though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The creature you're looking for to kill everyone is Hydra Omnivore.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Why are Giada players like this?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I saw maldhound first on a Shuffle Up & Play episode and have been loving his stuff, dude is fuckin hilarious

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Johnny Truant posted:

I saw maldhound first on a Shuffle Up & Play episode and have been loving his stuff, dude is fuckin hilarious

Have taken to calling Simic "trust fund colors" from him.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

That is the first video I've seen from maldhound, and I have to say. That man is intensely grating in a manner completely 180 from SaffronOlive.

All MtG personalities should be more like Patrick or CalebD. Confident, reserved, but forceful when necessary. And most importantly, competent. :colbert:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 24, 2023

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

AlternateNu posted:

That is the first video I've seen from maldhound, and I have to say. That man is intensely grating in a manner completely 180 from SaffronOlive.

All MtG personalities should be more like Patrick or CalebD. Confident, reserved, but forceful when necessary. And most importantly, competent. :colbert:

Giada player spotted!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Batterypowered7 posted:

Giada player spotted!

My angel deck is much more chad than just Giada. :colbert:

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Have taken to calling Simic "trust fund colors" from him.

Green is tax fraud forevermore thanks to him

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I'm in this video, and I don't like it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I've learned to not be mad when my poo poo gets destroyed because it shows they fear me.

blitzkreig.bmp
Aug 7, 2008

Rottin' and Rollin'

MonsieurChoc posted:

I've learned to not be mad when my poo poo gets destroyed because it shows they fear me.

My favorite way of assuaging saltiness is by reassuring them that I'm destroying their poo poo out of Respect for their Power

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Still geeking out that my Umbris Fear Manifest deck I put together got its first real win last night in a pod I never played with before. Buddy needed a fourth so he invited me.

Got leyline of the void in my opening hand, played that. Got Umbris on the board with Aqueous Form and Swiftfoot Boots along with Nemesis of Reason. Played a Mandate of Abbadon once Umbris got to a decent size to board wipe everyone’s blockers then one shot each player with a 35/35 unblockable Umbris.

Unsure if I made any friends at the table but the dopamine hit from my deck synergizing was worth it. Highlight was exiling the mono green elf deck’s Vivien Reid before it could get cast and remove my Leyline of the Void. :frogout:

Gonna call this deck “Coffin Flop” since no bodies are making it to the graveyard.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Played against my buddy's Urza deck and he hit a jeweled lotta as his first draw, so hello t1 Urza :byodood:

Only a 3 player game but me and the other guy tried to team up on Urza player and just literally couldn't, he fuckin rocked us

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

blitzkreig.bmp posted:

My favorite way of assuaging saltiness is by reassuring them that I'm destroying their poo poo out of Respect for their Power

Yep, this is the correct way. Doesn’t always work, but most times it helps if someone is getting cranky about feeling “targeted” or whatever.

Kadath
Aug 17, 2004

Put Your 'Lectric Eye On Me, Babe
Grimey Drawer
I like to play good cards, and a lot of the time it gets hit with removal and the only way to live a peaceful life is to step back and acknowledge that yeah that Consecrated Sphinx had to go, that was the correct target for that Path. Then play another hosed up threat.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Kadath posted:

I like to play good cards, and a lot of the time it gets hit with removal and the only way to live a peaceful life is to step back and acknowledge that yeah that Consecrated Sphinx had to go, that was the correct target for that Path. Then play another hosed up threat.

It’s a point of pride to be the threat.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

pseudanonymous posted:

It’s a point of pride to be the threat.

This, I always take it as a compliment when everyone is giving me their attention.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Last time I played Anowon (Rogues), I had one player only swing at me the entire game. I asked him why at the end of the game and he said it was because I was "the Blue player." EVERYONE ELSE WAS PLAYING BLUE! THE DUDE BEFORE ME IN TURN ORDER WAS PLAYING SHORUKAI!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Batterypowered7 posted:

Last time I played Anowon (Rogues), I had one player only swing at me the entire game. I asked him why at the end of the game and he said it was because I was "the Blue player." EVERYONE ELSE WAS PLAYING BLUE! THE DUDE BEFORE ME IN TURN ORDER WAS PLAYING SHORUKAI!

Did you counter a spell earlier that game or even an earlier game? My friends seem to be blue-blind, where they don't see someone as a "blue player" until they play a counterspell. Other kinds of blue interaction are usually fine to them.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

LifeLynx posted:

Did you counter a spell earlier that game or even an earlier game? My friends seem to be blue-blind, where they don't see someone as a "blue player" until they play a counterspell. Other kinds of blue interaction are usually fine to them.

I did not. I think they just didn't like Anowon's mill, maybe?

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

I had a weird situation yesterday where in game one I played my Captain deck and took out two of the three other players but didn't finish the third because I made a bad call (shouldve swung out completely, but didn't because I had assumed the guy had some way to fog or bounce my stuff to the point it would've been way more detrimental to me (he did have a cyc rift but didnt have a way to overload it), and he ended up killing me on his next turn with a thoracle combo), but one of the two guys i did manage to kill very obviously was pissed I killed him but didn't kill the last guy and took it as some kind of bizarre insult (I think he was also pissed I killed him because i exiled a rogue's passage off his own deck which i then played and used to send lethal at him :smugdog:), but he was in a pod with my "roommate" (partner) games two and three and both games he auto-targeted my roommate from turn one and refused to elaborate why, to the point that in game three the other two players literally spent most of the game doing what they could to stop him long enough so my partner could actually. play the game. my partner just thinks he's an rear end in a top hat but like. apparently he also kept bitching about me the rest of the night so I get the vibe there's more to it then that, to the point we're maybe gonna have to pull the LGS owner aside if this happens again :sigh:

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I couldn't imagine being so joyless that I wouldn't think stealing my own Rogue's Passage and killing me with it is hilarious.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

TheKingslayer posted:

I couldn't imagine being so joyless that I wouldn't think stealing my own Rogue's Passage and killing me with it is hilarious.

Same game where he didn't bother reading the stuff i was playing and pitched ancient brass dragon to scion of the ur-dragon while I had og lazav on board so i got to make my own copy and on my next turn hit a nat20 on the trigger, no less :v:

There are a few people at our LGS who take FNM commander Way Too Serious to the point they had to implement penalties for too fast or infinite extra turns stuff in paid events because it was driving away some of the more casual/new players

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

LifeLynx posted:

To be fair there’s a lot of people who play no good cards blue decks.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Anyone in here know of a good app or other tool for doing the coin flip mechanics faster? One of my group decided to build the coin flip deck and the drunker they get the worse the flips become.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

TheKingslayer posted:

Anyone in here know of a good app or other tool for doing the coin flip mechanics faster? One of my group decided to build the coin flip deck and the drunker they get the worse the flips become.

I got a "two sided dice" and use that for coin flips (it's a d6 with only 2 results). It's actually a mock chance cube from Star Wars so it has 3 red faces and 3 blue faces. Way easier than flipping a coin.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Floppychop posted:

It's actually a mock chance cube from Star Wars so it has 3 red faces and 3 blue faces.

What a chad move to use this to angle-shoot your 45 year old opponents by reminding them of the trauma of The Phantom Menace. I approve.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
You can also just use a d6 and go odd even. Or any even sided dice.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'll see if I can float the idea gently. Hopefully he's not married to the tactile feeling of flipping the coin and we can cut those turn times in half.

The dice idea is so obvious I feel silly for not thinking of it in the moment.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Yiggy posted:

You can also just use a d6 and go odd even. Or any even sided dice.

This is what most people at my LGS do. If you use Lifetap as a life tracker for the group, it also has a coin flip function.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My friend used to use an app for his coins deck but we all agreed it was somewhat anticlimactic for him to just press a button on his phone and then tell us we're all dead to Chandra's Ignition. Now he has the coin from the secret lair deck

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

You can also just google 'coin flip' and it'll give you a coin flipper right there.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

You program your own but hardcode the same seed and memorize the flips so you win/lose as you please, duh.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

Batterypowered7 posted:

You program your own but hardcode the same seed and memorize the flips so you win/lose as you please, duh.

My cousin goes first with his phone program so much it’s a running joke.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

So, I was browsing through some cards for a mono-black zombies commander deck, and why the gently caress is Liliana of the Dark Realms $12 and not $0.12?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

She's a land tutor in mono black and her ultimate turns your lands into lake of the dead

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Silhouette posted:

She's a land tutor in mono black and her ultimate turns your lands into lake of the dead

She's not that good at it though, is she? She's a 4-drop that fetches a swamp, and maybe lives to do it again

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.

A Moose posted:

She's not that good at it though, is she? She's a 4-drop that fetches a swamp, and maybe lives to do it again

Hey man. I'm land starved, please don't kill her. Come on, attack someone else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

A Moose posted:

So, I was browsing through some cards for a mono-black zombies commander deck, and why the gently caress is Liliana of the Dark Realms $12 and not $0.12?

How would you qualify the “assets” she brings to your board?