Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

JGdmn posted:

I mean, he didn’t want to be there?

I think he did but they told him he was going to be released and allowed him to look for a trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

SKULL.GIF posted:

No one puts any real effort in preseason, I confidently claim

Who claimed this?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

Danny LaFever posted:

Lions 53 is weird. We'll see what changes though as I think they will IR Iffy.

They cut Craig Reynolds and are just rolling with 2rb and Cabinda.

They kept 6 linebackers. I don't think any press thought they would do that.

Reynolds will be back when iffy and Julian are ir'd. He doesn't go through waivers and had no guarantees on his contract so no dead cap.

Or if not Reynolds another rb. No way going with only 2.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Niwrad posted:

I think he did but they told him he was going to be released and allowed him to look for a trade.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. I didn’t know they already had their mind made up and told him.

I thought he looked good, but I also wasn’t paying much attention who he was going against.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Who claimed this?

Nobody. I said the team hasn't shown anything, which is apparently the same thing. :shrug:

This is the first preseason I just completely ignored and it feels great. My problem with trying to pay attention to everything I hear is 50% of it is absolutely true, 50% ends up completely wrong, and there is no rhyme or reason to which is which.

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
it turns out, 25 years removed, that falcons game STILL aches

That Gary Anderson kick literally ended the game for them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao i'm sorry but the bears are still going to be very bad

fields will do cool poo poo if he manages not to die

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

MediaPlayerClassic posted:

it turns out, 25 years removed, that falcons game STILL aches

That Gary Anderson kick literally ended the game for them.

speaking of which

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGoZiKz6aqQ

what stood out to me is how they won a wild card game in 97 in spite of dennis green

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Free Jamo.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Jesus I'm like three minutes in. gently caress Mike Lynn. gently caress Herschel Walker.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I got to the part where they talk about how perfect Gary Anderson was in 98 and decided I needed a break.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The creators of the series are far more forgiving of how 1998 turned out than pretty much any fan I've ever met. Feel like I'm going to cry.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

tinstaach posted:

Free Jamo.

NFL players can have a little bet, as a treat

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Wameson Jilliams suits up for Week 1 in a Mission: Impossible-style disguise mask and goes for 8/150/2 TD against Kansas City.

After the game, MuscleCoach is asked where they signed this dude, and he goes into great detail explaining how he initially found him in the Beyond section of a closed Bed Bath & Beyond.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I got recommended a Rich Eisen clip on youtube and he pointed out something kinda interesting. The Lions last 10 games are in a dome. This is not correct. They play the Bears on the road December 10th. But it is kinda interesting that 9 of their last 10 games are indoors. Their outdoor games this year are Kansas City, Green Bay, Tampa, Baltimore and Chicago. KC and GB are in September and Tampa is a brisk 85 in mid-October. They really only have two real cold weather games this year, Baltimore on October 22nd and Chicago on December 10th.

I wouldn't be surprised if they slump a bit coming out of the gate, but some stuff clicks with Jamo coming back after week 6 and all of those indoor games coming after week 7 and they're a lot stronger after that.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Packers talked Jonathan Taylor trade with Colts, sources say

...what on earth?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Why's that a weird things to inquire about?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
We've already got two running backs (one above-average and one fine) and I thought our cap situation was pretty hosed this year, so where would the money have come from for a record-setting contract?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
"Sources" also said the bears were in on him too which makes no sense given that poles this RBs are fungable. I think he wants a trade and is leaking to anyone who will listen about the teams that are totally interested

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Rumors have it that the Evansville Crimson Giants have made an offer for Taylor!” - Unnamed Sources

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
No harm in having talks. There's no indication that any offer was made.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

surf rock posted:

We've already got two running backs (one above-average and one fine) and I thought our cap situation was pretty hosed this year, so where would the money have come from for a record-setting contract?

the NFL cap is a joke, and also he is a very very very good running back lol, probably like the second or third best in the league.

I fully believe they investigated trading for him. The Cap this year doesn't matter, as the NFL salary cap is malleable as gently caress, his cap hit this year is jack poo poo, and next year Aaron Rodgers dead money comes off the books for the Packers.

Taylor would be almost loving perfect for the offense that Lafleur wants to run.

Colts are asking for silly compensation for a player they think is expendable tho.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

My sources say a trade for Jonathan Taylor, of the Colts, being considered by the Packers. I am pro-Quadzilla and take no pleasure in reporting this.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

https://twitter.com/RobDemovsky/status/1696949239677661243

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Translation: Yes.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Who would they trade for him? Aaron Jones?!

I would be very sad.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Dexo posted:

Translation: Yes.

Yeah, probably a call, "what do you want for him?", getting a far too step request and hanging up the phone.

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Who would they trade for him? Aaron Jones?!

I would be very sad.

Why would they have to trade a player?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vertical Lime posted:

speaking of which

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGoZiKz6aqQ

what stood out to me is how they won a wild card game in 97 in spite of dennis green

It had never occurred to me that the Vikings core was two Randalls, a Randle and a Randy (from Rand).

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/AdamHoge/status/1696973877467840758

lmao

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Bring back Walker. This man is no Grabowski

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh no he's trash

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Welp, no qb controversy in Chicago anymore.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Massive red flag for a Bears QB.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Simpsons Kennedy voice: I'm er ah mitch trubisky and I support aaron rodgers and kiss tittiess (crowd cheers)

Simpsons Nixon Voice: I'm tyson bagent and I also support that particular quarterback (crowd boos, he's never kissed a tittiess in his life)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Idk, players having an ownership stake in their team seems good

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Simpsons Kennedy voice: I'm er ah mitch trubisky and I support aaron rodgers and kiss tittiess (crowd cheers)

Simpsons Nixon Voice: I'm tyson bagent and I also support that particular quarterback (crowd boos, he's never kissed a tittiess in his life)

lmao

re: Taylor, maybe they would have traded one of Jones/Dillon, maybe not, but Taylor is 24, a Wisconsin hero, with tons of tread still on the tires, who wants out of his current situtation badly. I'd check the asking price too, even if I had the #1 back already on my team.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

It had never occurred to me that the Vikings core was two Randalls, a Randle and a Randy (from Rand).

The Rand* emergency.

Just finished the 90s. I came to the realization that I have forgotten much of that game but I remember deep down knowing it was over when Gary missed that kick. Then Bois had to twist the knife talking about how statistically likely it was the Vikings could have gotten to within field goal range for the win before half and...now I have to lie down for awhile.

gently caress Dallas. gently caress the falcons. gently caress Mike Lynn and that dumb poo poo Norm Green. Also glad they didn't mention Dallas not only robbing our football future but ALSO stealing our hockey team during the same period.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Green didn't know he had two timeouts lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Gonz posted:

“Rumors have it that the Evansville Crimson Giants have made an offer for Taylor!” - Unnamed Sources

To be fair he'd be the best player on the team.